Is it too late to lollipop & LST the plant middle of week 5 flower?

Image above is for a 12-inch pot. Mine would one size smaller. Doubling the volume would be a tough problem to solve as it would create height issues with the light. That being said, I’ll give it a dry run in my “tent” and see if I can manage one. Growing sativas dominant strains would be an added challenge in the 4 feet high cardboard.

3 Likes

I wonder if you can find something thats the same height just wider? That’d work out well.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to a satisfactory finish too (no pun intended). This particular plant has been through hell and back. Stunted early growth, pH issues, all kind of stress and deficiencies. I’ve ripped the main stem 3 different times while LSTing earlier (failed attempts). Fixed with painters’ tape, zip ties, what not. All in all, she’s doing pretty okay.

1 Like

Probably. Although straight, cylindrical pots aren’t commonly found here, I may be able to find one if I search enough.

1 Like

You could always use a tote or something similar. Assuming it’s 11 inches high they can be 18-24 inches in length easy. Get a little bed action going in there. Or take a grow bag and cut it to what you need

2 Likes

Good idea. I was browsing Amazon right now and I could fabric and plastic grow bags that are 12x12 inches and straight cylindrical. I’ll grab some before my next run.

2 Likes

You may want to look into wrapping the sides of the grow bag with plastic wrap to seal it up. I personally found grow bags dried out too quickly and were kind of a pain. I’ve seen others solve this issue using the plastic wrap.

4 Likes

This is not a good nutrient mix since you are in week six. All of that stuff is not available to the plants until it breaks down, which can take a few weeks. You need a more readily available source of N. Try Organic Gem (or similar). It has a good N-P-K ratio for late flower. Something like Pure Protein would also be helpful, but in moderation. Don’t pick all of those large yellowing fan leaves, unless they are blocking light or airflow. They are a source of N and yellowing in late flower is totally normal.

3 Likes

The purpose of LST is to get more bud sites to develop. It is too late for that. However, there is nothing wrong with gently bending/tying your plant due to the light, airflow, or whatever.

4 Likes

We get heavy duty plastic grow bags that are similar to fabric pots in shape. They don’t suffer from quick dry issues I believe. A friend of mine just started a run with a fabric pot. They will be able to weigh in on the issue once the plant is established.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Unfortunately, as I said earlier, I cannot get my hands on the brands you mentioned as I’m not from the US or EU. I have a bottle of seaweed liquid fertilizer. Would that be good in flower? There are plenty of salt and synthetic nutes available here but I’m hesitant to use them in my organic grow. I may be able to brew tea with seaweed granules, vermicompost and manure compost. I also can buy liquid fish fertilizer off Amazon (usage not recommended indoors due to the bad odor). Would that be helpful?

2 Likes

How do you like the blumats. I’ve been thinking about using them for my mother’s. There 1 gal fabric currently bottom watering and it kinda pita I travel a good bit for work and need something that last longer between watering and I don’t want to go up in pot size.

2 Likes

They are a pain in the ass to set up but once they are set up they are great. I actually need to do the same thing to my mom’s. The key is all in the set up, you need to follow the instructions to a T and I personally extend the soak times.

3 Likes

Would they work in the 1 gal fabric

1 Like

Oh for sure. I’ve used them in everything from solo cups to 7 gal pots.one thing I’ve noticed is it works better if you use more drippers than recommended once you get to 5 gal. For 5-7 gal pots I use 3 carrots.

1 Like

That what I’m going to do then. Is it worth buying there res? I have several 5 gallon buckets around

1 Like

I use a 32 gal food safe garbage can and a small 250 gph vivosun pump. For my Veg tent I don’t use their pressure reducer, I just use a T you’d use to connect a carrot and let it bleed back into the res. For my flower tent I use their pressure reducer, I don’t notice a difference in performance either way.

Edit
Actually I use pumps in each res, one to feed the blumats and 1 to keep the water moving, I have an 8 inch piece of flexible pipe that’s got a bend to it and it stirs the res enough.

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed where you said you could not get those brands.

Is the seaweed labeled with an N-P-K number? Maxicrop, for example, is 0-0-1, so it would not help with the N at all.

I bet that tea would do the trick. I think you would see your plants really perk up. Just don’t over do it.

Liquid fish fertilizer does stink. I use it indoors anyway, but my tent is in my home office and I’m the only one in there. The smell goes away a few hours after application generally.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks for the info

2 Likes

Leave the manure out though. That can have bacteria that you don’t want to be making a tea with.

3 Likes