Is it too late to lollipop & LST the plant middle of week 5 flower?

There a product at kelp4less called liquid gold it suppose to be a great replacement for fish emulsion without the smell.

2 Likes

Sadly, no mention of NPK values on either liquid seaweed or the granules. Thatā€™s a major issue here. Most organics donā€™t have NPK values mentioned. Itā€™s only the synthetic nutes that have them labeled.

First of all, I canā€™t tell you how happy I am to see you with that plant. What a distance you have come since your first few posts. Fantastic!

Personally, I wouldnā€™t mind compromising on the organic principle to apply necessary nutrition at a time like this. So I wouldnā€™t hesitate to apply some synthetic general purpose or bloom dose now. Of course, personal opinions will vary on this. Itā€™s all a journey, small steps. Organic is a big step because you have to make all the decisions ahead of time. Thatā€™s hard to do without substantial resources (time and material). Iā€™ve been learning to accept that I canā€™t predict, prevent or fix everything with gardening. Actually, I think thatā€™s actually the reason I enjoy it so much. Itā€™s a perpetual journey.

So, if I were you, Iā€™d supplement with some all-purpose or general flower nutes just to get you over the hump until your organics further become available. Itā€™s not going to ruin your organic effort, just a bump to keep her happy. And overall I am very impressed with the strides you have made to date.

And to answer the original question I donā€™t hesitate to clip larf, bend branches or remove leaves I donā€™t want all the way through flower. I wouldnā€™t top her right now but some LST should be fine. But Iā€™ve only grown outdoors and by this point in flower they have been large and healthy, easy for them to recover quickly. And do things in increments like you have been.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice and assurance. She is indeed coming along nicely compared to her younger days. I do have quite a lot to learn with organics and growing in general.

Iā€™ll see if I can grab some synthetics to fix the issue ASAP. Iā€™m not home for another 3 days, so I hope she doesnā€™t take a turn for the worse.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean, most organics should still give you a npk or micro breakdown. Perhaps Iā€™m confused about what you meant

1 Like

A lot of organic gardening fertilizers sold here donā€™t have the NPK values or breakdown mentioned on them. I have a slew of products at home and none of them have it mentioned. Itā€™s just how gardening ferts are sold here. I can look up general details on the internet for each type of fertilizer, but thereā€™s always a considerable difference in the real values due to lack of standards.

1 Like

Excellent first grow. I always lollipop and lst whenever I want, just be gentle and remember itā€™s not necessary many times.

If youā€™re growing for yield just make sure all the bud sites are exposed and donā€™t do anything crazy.

btw - have you checked for mold or pmā€¦ whatā€™s your humidity? thatā€™s important when so many fan leaves are left in the middle of the plant restricting airflow and trapping humidity. If you do create space - do it in the middle.

Thatā€™s exactly how I have it right now. Good open space in the middle and colas stretched out sideways.

I wonā€™t have to worry about PM or mold. Summer is here (very early unfortunately) and RH is about 30%