Is there a simple way to make gummies?

This is how I do them. You’ll find its so flexible and easy the possibilities are endless. You can find the results of mine here. Not Just Another Tincture Thread - #1288 by invisible

Recipe

2/3rd cup Corn Syrup

35 grams gelatin powder

76 grams pure cane sugar

135 grams Mango Puree (or applesauce, apple compote, or any puree)

1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
Lemon & Lime flavoring to taste (or whatever your prefered flavours are)

1/4 cup Infused liquid coconut oil with 10 grams lecithin (granules, dissolved in the LCO in a double boiler)

1 teaspoon Tartaric Acid

1/2 Teaspoon Malic Acid
(mix both acids in 2 teaspoons of water and fully dissolve)

I like to bloom the gelatin within the puree and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then I’ll add the Syrup and let sit another 5 minutes or so.

Low heat, first to get the mixture to warm up (about 5 mins) I then turn up to medium heat and start stirring, bringing the temp up to 200° F (slowly as it needs time to do its thing) Add in the opil and whisk in for around 3 mins or until fully blended

At this time, I’ll add the acids and flavoring while stirring until fully incorporated, and as soon as it reaches 210° - 213° I pour into a stainless steel funnel and start the molding process/pour. You cuold use a suace bottle too

Now I’ll let them sit 12 hours and once I remove them I’ll throw them into the Candy Tumbler with sugar to coat (can use confectioners glaze and sugar to get a shell akin to a jellybean, depending on your mold).

Once that’s done, I put them onto drying racks for anywhere between 24-48 hours with some needing as much as 5-7 days (my pudding based gummies, for ex).

I use arrowroot (Tapioca) to dust them as I try to stay away from excess sugar

And that’s it

If you need long term storage add Potasium Sorbate

They turn out commercial grade and simple.
:peace_symbol:

6 Likes