Is there a way to subscribe to a user?

There are a number of folks on here who tend to post very interesting stuff, but sometimes, I miss new threads when they start them, and maybe never see them. I would like to know when they start a new thread.

Once I see a new thread, I can of course, change how I follow it if I want, but I dont want to miss any I might really like.

Is there a way to subscribe to a specific user so you get notices when they start a new thread?

7 Likes

Not that I am aware of.

3 Likes

This is not possible currently. There were multiple requests for this, so I think we should consider adding it to our road map.

11 Likes

As well as there being a way for a user to say they do not want to be trackedā€¦

2 Likes

the best possible thing for that it to mute the userā€¦ however, there is no way currently for you to block a specific user from seeing your posts .

1 Like

Do we receive notifications on updates/posts to individually bookmarked threads? Iā€™d think that could be more useful than tracking all posts specific to a user (though tracking a userā€™s posts for moderation purposes would make some sense, e.g. anti-V1ru5).

4 Likes

We do receive notifications for Watched threads.

5 Likes

Anyone can ā€˜trackā€™ you now just by subscribing to one of your threads now.

Im not asking to track every single post - just when someone starts a new thread. Once you get that notice, you would have the option to subscribe to that new thread or not.

You have my vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, I just have caution from being tracked between threads so someone could carry on a pointless harassment. Thankfully, that ceased.

I think, if possible, it would be good for the user themselves to have some control over whether they want subscribers or not.

In general, I like the idea, especially if is for new threads, not just all posts. There are certainly some users here that post things I consistently like and I would like to be able to know when they post something new.

4 Likes

@anon32470837,
Click on the userā€™s name. The right side button below their stats allows you to select ā€œTopicsā€. This will give you a list of their topics and you can see if there are new ones. Not tracking exactly but few users have more that 10 topics total.

Edit: I do this whenever I read something particularly well written or well thought out. Also sometimes to see if someone is a nutcase or just stoned.

4 Likes

Whatever you do, DONT LOOK BEHIND YA!
DONT LOOK! I think someoneā€™s following us!