Is this a N deficiency?

pH too high for promix. Think of promix as soilless growing, because it’s just peat and perlite mostly. Drop pH to 5.8- 6 max she should green up!

2 Likes

As the yellowing comes from above, it could be a zinc deficiency due to Ph variation, I don’t know the Ph of your substrate but it would be nice to check it to rule out this possibility.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that?

1 Like

Looks great to me. The one on the left is darker. Sometimes the strain will do that. I ph down to 5.8 sometimes. I run ph perfect. ( it’s around 6.2 with a cut back on strength, with additional additives like B-52, piranha stuff like that……)I use a lot of the additives but not as much on the a and b parts. I hit it high on the P-K. I run Flower Fuel with bud candy and big bud. After this I’m going to 321. Very clean.

2 Likes

I heard Notsodog on The Breeders Syndicate podcast talk about feeding his plants with salts in a high organic soil mix. I had some super soil for an outdoor grow and stupidly decided to experiment. I mixed some Promix HP and super soil and fed lightly with salts. I ended up chasing nutrient deficiencies that I couldn’t correct. After 7 long weeks in veg I gave up and transplanted into bigger pots with completely new soil. I thought it looked better so I flipped within a week hoping the issue would eventually correct itself with a steady diet of nutrients.

I’m in week 5 so I figured if I’m going to correct this it needs to be done now. But after reading what people here are saying, I’m leaning toward letting it ride and see what happens.

Okay, I’ll lower my pH and see what happens.

Last time I checked my runoff pH was around 6.2.

1 Like

That’s like taking a very healthy nutritious gourmet meal and pouring cola over it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ve seen many run into problems mixing rich organic soil with synthetic fertilizers.
Why bother, ruins perfectly good soil. Living soil takes care of itself, couldn’t be easier.

This is how I been doing it for the last year and a half, never ran into deficiencies:

Reading up on permaculture will bring you a greater understanding of how soil works.
Bill Mollison and Geoff Lawton have done a wonderful job making it easily comprehensible.

What’s was your ph going in?

Oh no it’s not! That’s like taking a raw potato, a living chicken, and a head of lettuce, and dumping a gourmet meal all over it.

I’m not soil chemist because I grow in octo’s but , your plant looks healthy to me. I wouldn’t make any changes until the leaves start to tell you whats up.

I have seen two of the same strain from the same batch of seeds look different. One was darker than the other… and the other one was actually 1/2 and 1/2. It wasn’t the position of the lights to the plant either as it was rotated many time… Turned out fine.

Clones from the same female will also grow and color differently I have found out as well.

GR

3 Likes

This little white rhino has been bright yellow from the instant it popped out of the soil. I might have to cull it eventually, but for now I am going to leave it alone and let it develop.

1 Like

Yeah, let it ride. Maybe he/she will grow out of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would have given them a full feeding. There’s not much nutrients in dirt anymore. Happy frog is not the same. Ocean forest is not the same. After you start seeing wings, you got to start feeding those babies. That is why you’re having yellow like you’re having. I’m really trying to help you. You need to get a feeding chart and some nutrition that you can go by.

1 Like

Yup, dirt alone is not enough. A plant will very quickly use up the nutrients in its container. Once you start seeing a change in leaf color, it’s time to take action. If you delay too long, the plant will suffer.

1 Like

Sorry man I thought that was my topic.

1 Like