Is this the OverGrow I usta know?

Hi! Is this the OG that taught me how to grow back in the 00’s? What a great site it was! Everyone was there. All the Greats. All the actual legends! DJ Short, Gypsy Nervana, George Cervantes, The Dutch Passion People, Sagamarantha, and many others. They were there to talk to you and help you grow the herb they made. I really hope this is the old OG back from the ashes.
Im on IC now as an old OG Refugee but I saw this site was back up and wondered if it was my old OG.

26 Likes

yes it is. you may want to go here and introduce yourself. welcome back.

10 Likes

Hell yeah it is! No federales are going to keep OG down!

10 Likes

Yes and no? It’s the same name and the same subject of discussion, but it’s damn near 20 years later and most, if not all of the people are different. Of course, we don’t really want an exact copy of the last Overgrow because that was taken down and got a lot of people busted. The ones who weren’t are now running companies to try and capitalize on legalization, it seems.

12 Likes

It is but then again it isn’t…pix from the old Overgrow…

This is Ogre a mutant strain of Sensi Star and is a clone only strain.

22 Likes

Is that a phototron? I’ve only ever seen photos of them.

8 Likes

Of course it is and to me it’s the first hard walled tent with its own lighting and venting system which people despised back in the old Overgrow days.

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

14 Likes

Another member sent me some of his seeds and the mail came wrapped in an old page from High Times circa 1995. One side has the old Phototron ad and I immediately thought about you! :grin: Lets see if I can grab a quick pic…

Here ya go…

:grin: peace :v:

They weren’t cheap, even back then…

24 Likes

They were not. I was trying to tell @PhilCuisine that they were very expensive. He said he got his at a deal. But I remember those high times.
I’ve always considered myself OG. I’ve never been to this website until three years ago. I think I hit it up a few years ago. But I can’t remember what my name was. And I don’t think I ever return back to the site. I’ve been doing this for over 30 years. I’m not getting any younger. I’m not the best I don’t even try really anymore. Glad to have you back. There are some good people here. They don’t try to take a vantage of you and don’t try to rip you off.

4 Likes

I had a picture of myself and a buddy in high times. We had sunglasses on. The plant wasn’t very big. We tried to act like we were hiding in the bushes. Always had something never was quite what I wanted.
I was very young. Those were some good times. That’s what I learned how to grow. All the old-timers back then. I love looking at those pictures you had just found. The new magazines aren’t the same to me. They got a little bit more commercialized. I haven’t looked at one years. I had every issue for the longest time.

7 Likes

You damn right bromigo…I ended up getting like 7-9 of them and both sizes big and small…I traded a lot of my clone only strains to the old Overgrow members that had Phototrons that couldn’t make them work…the small P-trons were about $500+ and the big ones were $700+…I bet if all you guys that grow in tents now will be able to grow in Phototrons…

6 Likes

I’m grown in them. One and the clone box. ( I wasn’t very successful, I went from outdoor to indoor . That was a big change for me . Now in tents. I don’t think I would go back )They wasn’t mine. It was an art to it. I really couldn’t pick it up. Than the small clone boxes. They were a little heavy. But very true I like the way your stuff looks. I could see how you could’ve got a deal on them.

3 Likes

Can’t help but notice HT recommended 10-20w of mh/hps per square foot. Amazing.

66BF6B9A-CD93-43CD-ABA8-7E7C3DAEE58B_1_105_c.jpeg

9 Likes

I actually only bought 1 Phototron in my lifetime…I also toured their factory in the town of Westchester, IL. The deal was in order to tour their factory you had to buy one first…The first generation of P-trons were only $350+ and they had the U-Tube fluorescent bulbs…I actually have a brand new one unused still in a box in my garage…

12 Likes

You’re a pretty good dude my book. I’ve enjoyed your stuff. And I know you’re not lying.
Sorry for tag them too much on this topic.

2 Likes

It is & it isn’t. :sweat_smile: :wave:

The old server/messages were partially salvaged & integrated, but most of the active membership is “the new crowd”.

Instagram is too easy for the lazy :smirk: and many old OGers can be found there but not here. :man_shrugging:

OG never died, just took a vacation with the RCMP. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Very cool, looks legit. Ogre was one of the strains found by the Compassionate Caregivers team back in 2003. Glad to see it is still around…oh! nvm… pic from the old OG :sweat_smile: Crazy how time flies

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s still around but I made my own cross with it…

5 Likes

Welcome home @Stankinstine :green_heart:

As you can see, people are very eager to talk about cannabis here, and all that surrounds it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Right before chopping down…had to pinch off the huge fan leaves so the bud can get some lighting…

Ogre

10 Likes