I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

Hoabac x Vietb.

20 Likes

This is exactly the thread I needed. I am planning a trip to Vietnam next year to look for seeds, but there’s just such poor documentation on Vietnamese plants and genetics compared to Thai. It’s also difficult to tell if there is even actually much of a demarcation or differentiation between the plants of each country, given how porous and notional the border is in some of those areas.

12 Likes

@romanoweed i asked john if these were da we dalat and he said no these were different still waiting on better explanation he said personal stock ??? We will see. I have smoked the laughing grass he made with it, good but definitely not same you will have to keep me posted on hoabac x vietb taste. Since the KF are in Cambodia i am leaning towards the kampuchia red more than the da lat as my unicorn. Who knows??? Have you tried Khmer gold? It tasted a lot like what i remember. But i haven’t tried growing it myself yet.

13 Likes

I dont think GN khmer gold is the real deal. Its a soft friendly happy type strain.

John must not remembered it, i just looked it up, and voila i found him stating it is infact Dawee dalat. Dawee is a region i believe, so most probably its same Line.
One Dawee dalat-Line is from a helicopterpilot wich pointed out how high the Plats were when he picked one. Matches exactly the Story of the Person you talked to, so Copter-pilot-Line, should be your copterpilots-contact, should most probably be Johns Dalat.

I heard couple Stories from “Hippies” about where the best came from. Majority sais Thai was very very strong. Then i heard just one report that stood out for Cambodian, he said was very strong, and the whole Room he was sitting in took on a red tint. But i never have heard stoners swear for Vietnameses Ultimativity . Never. As do i. (And possibly you).

So, cambodian was probably very very deluxe, Thai probably even stronger, and viet prob. ultimative.
That doesent mean it is the Truth, but its an appering Pattern

I only seedrunning, so i cant tell you bout Hoab, viet- taste

9 Likes

I know absolutely nothing about any aspect of this but I could have sworn I was just reading something about a cambodian gu landrace strains and killing fields specifficaly hard name to forget maybe it was yo sorry I’m not any help

6 Likes

I don’t know where the Khmer gold I smoked came from that’s been about 10 years ago but I am getting ready to try and order some from monkey puzzle genetics. He really hooked me up last time. The last time I spoke to John I asked him if this was the same that was used to make laughing grass which was the da we lat and he said no so who knows still waiting to hear back from him maybe he can clear it up a little better. Seed runnin maybe you can hook me up later and I’ll do my own smoke report. Lol

5 Likes

I refferd to Gypsy Nirvana Khmer gold, dont know monkeypuzzle ones.

4 Likes

Birds of a feather.
I’m looking through some Laotian lines at the moment, have you tried any?
I’ve a couple Vientiane in flower now and Laotian Gold that I’m hoping to run in 2021.

9 Likes

@romanoweed he is worth checking out.

18 Likes

I know him, did he now finally sell the 30 year old Thailine? Marty Johnstone Thaistick??

6 Likes

Yep, thats the one

6 Likes

Plants are looking great! Excellent to see green above ground! Loved the intro to the thread too. Reads like a book.

4 Likes

Peace All. The Killing Fields was an old movie about the Cambodian Pol Pots if I am not mistaken and so the bud with the same name may have come from this region hence the name. Becuz it is in Cambodia that the Killing Fields exists. Stay safe and be well :fist:t6:
Peace

5 Likes

Man, that’s a great story. :grinning: And great job on the seeds too. :+1::+1::+1: Is Monkey Puzzle a bank, or a website, or just a dude? I love checking out stuff like that man.

So is there a Red Dalat in the future? :slight_smile:
:guitar:

8 Likes

Late to the party as usual…
I’m pulling up a chair for this one! :+1: :sunglasses:

An idea that has been rolling around in my head for a while…
Something you never hear about is Laotian cannabis - but if you look at a map, Laos is bordered by Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia. It has to have some great shit.
Further, I’ll bet their local landraces are reasonably clean of foreign imports.
I suspect there are going to be some great genetics that haven’t been ‘discovered’ by the west there.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

I’m going to Laos next year to hunt for landrace cannabis. I’ve been compiling research mostly on the country and probable locations so far, not so much on the cannabis of the region. I have a lot of theories about the intermixing of cannabis genetics between the countries in the Golden Triangle. For a very long time–and even now–borders in many of those regions (Northern Thailand along the Shan, The Ho Chi Minh Trail, the tributaries along the rural Mekong, etc) are merely suggestions. The idea of a Thai Sativa and a Burmese Sativa don’t exist, in a sense, insomuch as the borders between the countries don’t exist for cannabis farmers and smugglers.

I am about 30 years too late, but one thing I want to explore is the cannabis differences between the countries. I am going from Thailand to South/Central Asia via bus/foot/motorbike as soon as the world returns something resembling normal. I’m giving myself at least six months to complete the journey.

26 Likes

:laughing: I’m sitting here wondering the same thing! I’m hoping those might be gypsy nirvana Thai stick seeds

3 Likes

it’s not much, but i have some bodhi seeds testers of a “lush x purple unicorn f3”, i mention it because lush is suge pure kush crossed with Laos. i think there’s more details on that ‘Laos’ if you look into. I know it’s only a fraction ‘laos’ weed but it goes to show that at least it’s around somewhere and bodhi has/had some.

7 Likes

I like your thinking. In North America, we are accustomed to borders that are “harder” than in many places. I doubt the farmers near these borders pay any attention to them.

I can’t wait to watch your trip. :v:t4:

11 Likes

That sounds like an incredible trip!!

4 Likes