Jaws Fruity Pebbles

Ok, so I’ve been dying to run a fruity pebbles. The one I have now is by Wyeast which is fruity Pebbles x Horchata; however, I’ve been wanting to grow out Jaws’ because I know he had a passion for their particular strain (from what I’ve read anyway) My issue is which one. I’ve seen that there’s an f4 & an F5 and probably even f3 somewhere.
I’ve seen em go for all sorts of price points, but I’m wondering if they’re all the same, or if maybe there’s a favorite of all the releases.
If I wanted to grow it out, would the obvious choice be the most recent release? Should I seek out an already selected cut somewhere? I know a few folks here have cuts, so I’m pretty sure I’m in good hands :slight_smile:

Thanks!

14 Likes

Following along cause i too would like to know the answer.
Maybe @JAWS could tell us his personal favorite out of all his releases.

8 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for :slight_smile:

7 Likes

been messing with this strain for seems like forever, i do like her very much she is pretty good all around. do i have a favorite well ya the same as most everyone else though the cereal-n-milk is what i am after right now. the fruity pebble pheno is also worth hunting finding and working with, i am actively looking for both at this time.

as far as which f-gen is the best i could not really say, i have made so many over the years. my advice just grow some of what you got look for something to your liking and have fun.

i will continue to hunt through the ones i have here looking for those two i mentioned earlier, i have some s1 i just got from a friend and he said i have a really good shot at finding the cereal-n-milk in them. they will get wet in the next seed drop for-sure.

if you run some in here id love to stop by as your running them.

peace …

18 Likes

S1’s sounds amazing. Any chance of these ever being available at GLG?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your feedback :facepunch: I’ll definitely post em when I fire em up

Could you share a pic of the cereal-n-milk so we have an idea of her structure? I’ve seen pics of plenty of nugs. Initially I thought she was an indica leaning plant but have come to expect a traditional ‘OG’ with all the stretch, the little XP I had with the strain. But one of my favorites as far smoke.

2 Likes

I have 2 pheno’s, a tall one and a short stout beefy one. Looks like she could hold up a tank.

These pics were taken this morning, about day 40 of 12/12

Short pheno - potential dry cereal

Tall pheno - lime/citrus

16 Likes

I impulse purchased a bunch of FPOG crosses from a Canadian breeder called Sacred Cut Seed Co last year but haven’t dug into them yet. He made this thing called Frosted Fruit Cake, which is Wedding Cake x Fruitty Pepples OG, that gained some attention a few yrs back so I wanted to try growing it. Some of the crosses I picked up included that and GMO x FPOG, Cereal Milk x FPOG, Chem 91 x Frosted Fruit Cake, High Society (Biscotti x Jet Fuel Gelato by Compound) x Frosted Fruit Cake and probably the one I’m mostly excited for was the Tahiti Lime (Archive Seed Co) x FPOG. Def some hype strains in there but I got a pretty sweet deal for $25/pack and thought I might just pull some fire from these crosses. Read so much about the FPOG and it’s always been high on my must try strain list!

I’m definitely looking forward to see whatever you grow out.

8 Likes

I def like short plants :+1:

2 Likes

I have some FPOG f2 or 3 beans I believe from a trade I did few yrs back with JAWS. Unfortunately I think the beans are no longer viable as I had to shut down for awhile and could not store them properly. Been thinking about pulling the trigger on some more. Definitely interested to hear anyone’s experience with FPOG and looking fwd/hoping some OG’ers around here will throw up some info/pics.

4 Likes

all of these came from sacred and all are fpog related except for the travel wedding.

FRUITY PEBBLE OG {S1}
SOUR DUBB * FRUITY PEBBLE OG {F1}
REBBLEZ OG {F1}
TRAVEL WEDDING {F1}
CEREAL GLUE {F1}
BREAKFAST OG {F1}
PINK PANTIES * FRUITY PEBBLE OG {F1}

the s1 i spoke to earlier are the one listed here.

will i ever make more fem fpog yes but not until i find either the cereal of the straight up fruity pebble phenols. umm nothing wrong with any other phenol one might get from a pack of fpog, but im after just a couple as far as doing any projects with. i will always be making fpog seeds but most often they will just be to get the strain alive and in ppl gardens. the hunting if for those to i mentioned above.

now i know most ppl think i know the fpog from front to back I DO NOT i have mainly like i said just been putting out f-gens to keep her alive and growing in ppl gardens. but now seeing i have made 1000 packs over the years im going to start to HUNT for the two that i want, i may have her here with me right now, or she/they may come to me from others fpog work. either way im actively hunting them now so hopefully i can run into something im looking for.

if ppl want to make this thread home base for the growing of the fpog thats awesome i will make sure to start dropping some pics in here as i move through this ongoing grow.

very cool thread indeed …

11 Likes

Can you or would you be willing to share any notes on what we should be looking for structure wise to get those golden pheno’s? I screwed up my sex selection so I ended up with 2 females but both are very different and nice in their own ways.

4 Likes

i wish i had pics of the cereal phenol, i had her so long ago and lost all my albums from back then when the cp took a crap. i have had that happen twice now.

i recall the cereal being beefy mid sized plant with pretty large fans some what close nodes, and of course that bottom of the bowl cereal-n-milk odor.

this is the one from the last round and its the one im working with now, she was checking some boxes for me but once we got 42 days into flower and i was not smelling anything like cereal i knew she was not what i was after. never the less this phenol is quite good and as you can see she brings the trich. if she would have given me fpog or cereal profile id be all over her for-sure. i will most like make more seeds with this pheno because she is very nice, how ever i will not be taking any cuts simply because she is not what i am after.

i really need to start focusing way more on what i want from any given plant and no so much in what i think others might like, doing the latter is what’s cause me to have far to many plants in my grows right now. i need to start taking three cuts of everything i want to continue with and then once one has rooted well i need to just kill the other two. this way i keep all the one im interested in while giving me some room and also allowing me to get some of my own creation popped and looked at.

do i really need more coffee, AHH YES I DO im a huge coffee guy …

16 Likes

Thanks for the tips man. Im gonna go smell my 2 now. Haven’t done that yet. The tent smells like Mother of Berries, those plants smell at like day 21ish of flower

3 Likes

Frig…wish I would have grabbed those sacred cut co FPOG seeds from the local shop now. They don’t have them available anymore…maybe in store…will have to check.

My sacred cut co Platinum Cherry Kush Breath is male…so making some crosses with it.

5 Likes

dang i totally forgot about this thread, need to do something that lets me know its still active.

humm …

7 Likes

Let’s talk fpog… anyone ever find the true phenotype? :+1: I’d love to try it

2 Likes

@JAWS change from normal to watching at bottom of said topic
: )

4 Likes

I’m heading to my local Hydro shop today…they had the Sacred Cut fpog and crosses online a couple months ago…not anymore. Gonna see if they have them available in the shop.

2 Likes