Jaws grow log!

i start training in veg, there is where it starts for me. i also do a bit after the stretch, i like to stand over my plants {when i can} and if i see ANY decent bud sites being shaded i remove whats blocking them. what you are seeing on my plants now are the final trimming before i chop, about a week before chop i begin to remove as much leaf as i can. the only reason for this for me is to make my final chop way easier and way quicker.

peace …

11 Likes

Ah, many thanks.

4 Likes

my friend just start off slow watch and see how things do for you, each grow you will get more comfortable in doing it. just start with a little off your plants a couple days apart, never just go in and hack them. i kind of do but i know what going to happen so i have now fear in doing what i do over here. ahh but for you yup just take it slow you will find your sweet spot.

it’s not hard …

7 Likes

Yes, I do a little. One day take some leaves and another day others. Not too much in a day.
What I have done this time was cut all lower branches and many lowee budsites branches (I not know how to translate this).
But as I let them grow too much (due to a flowering in process), then I have to fit them in the tent like in the rush hour of the hong kong subway :sweat_smile:
That is the main reason I try to defoliate this time, so they have a little air circulating

2 Likes

I’ve gotta run this one day. Looks great man.

1 Like

In this I see the traits of the black cherry soda ‘green phenos’ that I used to find in black cherry soda s1 seeds, and I see the chem influence very strongly.

what would be really great would be a back cross to the black cherry soda clone. That would be amazing.

the black cherry soda is really special. Very heady, great pain relief, and energy to get stuff done. also very medicinal, good thc levels with an unusually high cbg productiom. it’s the ultimate migraine medicine.

10 Likes

ya fishing a bit for the BCS cut but shes not easy to find, well a legit cut any ways. so many ppl making fems now and i think that’s where a lot of “CUT” are now coming from.

peace .

4 Likes

Sound advice. Especially looking down on them. I started out slow too @Piter. I still go gradual, but take more now.

1 Like

are you running true straight up or are you topping your plant’s ?.

humm …

2 Likes

Hope you find it. I’ve been searching for about 4 years now with no luck yet.

The good thing is that it would be very easy to identify visually.

If you can find genuine s1’s that might be worthwhile. A while ago I got some really nice plants from s1’s made by a prop 215 collective. I haven’t seen the cut much since rec legalization hit. It was mainly held by medical collectives.

2 Likes

ya i have no issues with s1/fem i like them myself, but when im hunting for a cut of something i want a legit cut from the mother plant. its tit-4-tat but it makes a huge difference when your a breeder ppl like and want things made with legit cuts.

i have the pure 91 chem s1 and its pretty damn good, but if i were to get into any heavy breeding with her not sure ppl would be into it once they knew it was from an s1/fem. i have her now with seeds on her that i made by hitting her with ugorg pollen.

its all good …

9 Likes

I top them, take cuttings… etc…
Now I have clones flowering, but they had about 4 months growing in summer… So they grOOOW too much.
Anyway this time is not for buds, but for seeds.
I had a Pink Floyd seed that was twin. And gived a male and female, so I wanted to cross them… Just for curiosity and because I like the smoke of it.
It is my incest project :rofl:

4 Likes

As a consumer that doesn’t sound less appealing to me. A lot of nspecta’s work using S1 selections sounded really good to me, especially when there’s some background info as to what stood out about that plant to him. In a sense it actually sounds more interesting to me provided that the plant found was high quality.

9 Likes

makes sense.

well said …

5 Likes

Yup I love Caleb’s work, but in all honesty most other fems usually scare me away, but from a good, valuable trusted breeder I love em, especially when I’m not looking to breed and just want bomb ass flower. Caleb is definitely very high up on my list of breeders I look up to and fully support. And one of the only fem seed breeders for sure. But I’d all day grow fems from Jaws, anything from him in fact. There’s not much of any in your lineup (and my god it’s insane) that I would not throw down without hesitation :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Out of curiosity why are people generally against s1s for breeding?

2 Likes

Just not true original stock, S1’s can come out identical (very rare) but usually there’s many subtle differences. And in a day where S1’s are often passed on as “true elite cuts” it’s truly made them even less desirable for such endeavours. But on the other hand I’ve seen the most epic stuff come from S1’s like bombthreat Bubba CSI (a lot of people also believe they have a tendency to herm etc. which just isn’t true when done right, but all the years of meh fems has made people believe that) @Hotrods_and_hounds

6 Likes

I think people are against S1s being passed as the original cut more than they’re against S1s for breeding at all.

But since an S1 is a recombination of the genes in the female used, you’re never guaranteed to get anything identical to the original. Sometimes you’ll get something close enough so it’s tough to tell the difference. Other times you’ll get something that shows vastly different traits—be they either better or worse than the original.

6 Likes

In your opinion what do you think the issue people have with using a mom that’s from S1’s or fem seeds?

3 Likes

I am personally convinced that s1 is a find for breeding!
it is an opportunity to get many variations of a plant from one genetic pool… despite the fact that it is like an opportunity to reduce steps in selection, it is like skipping f2 and f3, and coming straight to f4…
yes, this is very conventional and simplistic to understand, but it is…
just my opinion.

Dawgs Of War - in my case it sounds very intriguing!

8 Likes