Jaybeezy’s garden

I transplant when they need to be watered every 2 days-ish. It’s all based around my laziness :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I kept mine in their small starter pots until I had to water them daily. Their roots were well developed by then, and they transplanted super easily, kept on growing in their new pots as though I’d done nothing!

I’ve very limited experience, but that worked wonders for me :slight_smile:

Tx

6 Likes

I did the same, when they reached the outside of the cup. I did it wrong also, and it all fell apart, but the plant didn’t even flinch.

I’m using peat pots, which saves the hassle for me now. @Esrgood4u gave me that tip and I’m loving it!

6 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have in fact had the lack of root ball before it was literally just roots with the plant lol

But she made it haha some resilient plants

So I’ll be transplanting next week probably not gna be giving nectar nutes till i get a ph meter which i think I’ll be fine with the nutes in the soil till then i do have pH drops but i don’t trust my eyes and the colors lol but I’ll do my best

6 Likes

Peat pots sound like a flawless idea haha they’re biodegradable right so they roots would just break out no problem no worries of pulling some roots getting stuck

4 Likes

Yeah up potting can be a pain. I don’t see why we couldn’t use various sizes peat pots and do multiple up pots until they are ready for their final home :thinking: it would certainly be a lot less stressful for the plants.
They are ideal for growing auto strains as it’s not really an up pot as such and the root mass should be un effected :v:

6 Likes

Don’t worry about adjusting the nutrients pH in soil. Soil will buffer it to the correct level. Most store bought compost/soil has a fixed pH of between 5.6 and 6.0 anyway so it’s within the range that cannabis thrives best in :+1:

6 Likes

It is quite strange indeed. I thought it was a great idea and search for them but the bigger size I have found is 3 inches … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

5 inch :sunglasses:
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=223501157202&category=20518&pm=1&ds=0&t=1556739808000&ver=0&cspheader=1

4 Likes

Hmmm i thought that was only no till soil or super soil? Idk the correct term it’s in fox farms happy frog right now when i transplant it’ll be in nectar #4 soil which they stress pH so much whenever i watch a nectar video or read up on it.

Idk im trying to follow the nectar feeding schedule and they have pH along with it

3 Likes

All compost buffers pH as far as I’m aware but obviously I’m not as skilled as the people that develope the fox farms products.
A little reading on how soil buffers the pH?
https://www.hunker.com/12450132/buffering-capacity-of-soils

5 Likes

@Esrgood4u
I see where you’re coming from haha but does this relate to soil that stays in pots? Because then it’s using all that stuff that’s already in the ground when you’re using your potting soil yeah I’m sure it buffers it for only so long though because ive actually had pH problems at the end of my last grow my meter was off and my soil pH became too acidic…

I read some of it I’ll read more later

The nectar for the gods soil is different i think I’m still learning about it i know it’s got coco pumice and perlite off the top of my head

3 Likes

does anyone know why my first set of true leaves look crinkled haha i ain’t trippin just curious haha i did give too much water she was droop for a day

6 Likes

Looks like maybe the soil was a bit too hot, looks better now. Carry on… :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me it’s fox farms happy frog

Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Not as hot as Ocean Forest, but still hot for seedlings. They make a light warrior for seedlings. Either way, looks to have grown out of it.
:+1::seedling:

4 Likes

gave some water this morning looking like it’s ready to transplant

5 Likes

Transplanted to a 3 gallon smart pot in nectar #4 soil gave about a half gallon of 6.5 pH water after settled I’ll be topping and starting LST then giving nutes from then on

6 Likes

Day after transplant lookin perky

Well more than yesterday loloooo

6 Likes

5 days since transplant still lookin sad gotten bigger tho hahaha!!!

8 Likes