Jaybeezy’s garden

Pulling up a chair. Looks good! Maybe a little too early on the transplant like I did?! lol but very nice growth so far. Toke

5 Likes

Growing is good… I’m sure she’ll perk up soon for you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the high hopes guys maybe i did transplant a little early it was a solid root ball tho …i also over watered like way too much so that’s playing a roll.

I got yellowing on bottom leaves…i might just start over i shall try my best to revive it tho letting the soil dry out completely then giving half strength of nectar nutes.

I’m thinking calcium because it’s starting from the bottom

4 Likes

When it starts from the bottom it may also be root problems, be cautious while watering … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Uh oh…root rot?! There no coming back from that right haha my pot is still pretty heavy after watering 5 days ago

3 Likes

Letting the soil completely dry out as you say would be a good start … :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

I’m probably going to start another seed…and see what happens to the one i got goin plus more incentive to get a new light :thinking:

4 Likes

Hey jay,

Maybe ur stressing too much my friend… looks like a bit too much water, take er easy… I did this to mine in the beginning too! And also that yellow leaf … maybe u accidentally splashed some nutes on it while feeding it ? Happens to the best of us. Little bit of LIFTA is my opinion ,

Puff puff pass

7 Likes

LIFTA is the plan right now haha @Leaf till the pot dries out completely and go from there. I did squish the sides of the pot to kinda crack open the dirt and get some air in there hopefully drying it out quicker.

Hmmmm that’s possible getting nutes on the bottom leaves…I’m planning on giving it its second dose of Nectar nutes after it completely dries. I’ve never used this line before so this is a learning experience. I probably should have mentioned that before.

Whenever i spot a problem i kinda obsess as to what it is lol now I’m not the one to be like OMG and start overloading with nutes haha i learned from my first few grows that’s not good LIFTA is something im workin on instead of taking the plant out and inspecting everyday i just peak in the tent for temp humidity and to see how the plant is doing. And I’ll check leaves once a week.

4 Likes

I did the same thing and killed multiple plants trying to fix it. By the end of the year I’m sure both of us will be looking back at our journals and be amazed how much we’ve improved.

5 Likes

When I first started watering had my head messed up. I drowned over £100 worth of seeds because nobody I watched on YouTube or knew had an exact amount to give was just told to make sure they were moist and in the dome :laughing:

Then on my first actual grow I stunted the babies by like 3 weeks due to again overwatering but kept doing it because I didn’t know what overwatering looked like at the time was just told to make sure I fed them properly which I took as every single day and they just weren’t drinking like 2L a day. You get a way better idea after you’ve made costly mistakes but we’ve all made those mistakes.

But then IMHO I wouldn’t suggest a soil grow for a beginner I would suggest coco. The reason I still run with coco now nearly 2 years later is because it is hard to make mistakes or if you do you can flush the medium easily. It does dry slightly faster than soil but that’s also based on rootball size not medium alone.

But @Jaybeezy23 if I were you for her size and depending on your room temps I would give a plant that size about a litre every 3-4 days. She’s still only a baby :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Most definitely haha live and learn @cdnBuddy

1 Like

What new light are you looking at getting? I’ve got a second Solstrip rack being setup this week and pretty excited to finally have 4 plants going at once instead of 1 in flower.

2 Likes

thanks for the input man! I overkilled it by a lot i over potted and was like i need to keep this medium moist well 2.5 liters later haha i got a wet medium and 6 days with out having to water…being how i live in the high desert my soil becomes hydrophobic and i was trying to prevent that because it’s a pain to get it to accept water again.

Nectar number 4 soil is like 30 or 40% coco which is different from the FF happy frog i was using so this soil should be easier to flush? I’m lazy lol so having to water almost daily with coco turned me off from that tho I’ve seen some beautiful product come from Coco

1 Like

I was leaning toward 2 288 QB’s one from each spectrum

1 Like

But uhhhh the pot has gotten significantly lighter after squishing the sides hopefully by Wednesday she’ll be dry

3 Likes

Overwatering is a very common mistake. It takes a while to get it right. The plant will let you know when you get it right.
:+1::seedling:

5 Likes

man oh man not a fan of this sight lol ITS GETTING OLD PERK UP.

The pot is just about fully dry probably gna feed Thursday should i give it a top and LST? or wait another week for recovery.

I’m quite surprised that this plant got as big as it did giving the circumstances usually it’s the same for about a week

3 Likes

I personally wouldn’t top it yet, maybe some light LST. It’s only been a couple of days tho get something dry and long like a BBQ skewer stick and put it down into the dirt and give it a little while then pull it out. Easy way to see if it’s dry or not.

2 Likes

True that i usually just dig my finger in there haha but being 8 or 9 days since watering and it being significantly lighter I’ll be diggin my finger in there tomorrow or Thursday.

I was going to top and LST when everything was completely dry and time for a SMALL amount of water smh lol

But i should wait till she perks up and happy till topping? @Explorer

2 Likes