Jelly's Cab Adventures

Hmm… I wonder what my pH is? :thinking:

No, I don’t care. :grin: :laughing: :joy:

3 Likes

This is the #1 reason for me to want to go No-Till. Less guess work lol.

2 Likes

I’m hooked after my first no-till cycle.

3 Likes

Newish Blumat watering system design.

I LOVE my blumats, but I was kind of frustrated by the uneven watering in my last grow. I found some parts online that would help me solve this problem, plus I love tinkerin.

Just a general overview before I setup the system.

I got GOODIES! T’s and smaller T’s and distribution drippers oh my!

Use your imagination how I got to this point, just a bunch of cutting stabbing and cussing. (Side note: If you ever run blumats, do yourself a huge favor and GET yourself some of the orange superflex tubing. It’s so much nicer to work with than the stock black plastic tubing.

I should have ordered more stakes. (See the clothespin lol) I should have also ordered a few extra parts, but I think this will work (Famous last words?)

This was what I was going for. Two drippers instead of one, that way more of the pot is watered. It’s a Blumat “Halo” haha.

In theory, You water the media to the desired saturation point, install your blumats and run each “carrot” wide open for about 10 seconds, then adjust it down using the brown dial on the carrot until you see your output holding a drop of water like shown below. This system doesn’t use electricity, it’s pretty simple as long as you follow the directions, and saves time and water. I won’t have to worry about watering my plants every day now, and can be at work stress free. (I do recommend being available for a couple days until you are SURE you have it dialed in. With adjustments, less is more. 1/2 a turn in 24 hours can be the difference between 5 gallons of nutes on the floor or too dry)

See that little drop of water? That’s how you know when you’ve got your blumats properly adjusted.

Hope ya’ll enjoyed my shit show tonight, Peace Og Fam!

Edit: Taging @anon58740919 cuz I don’t feel like typing everything in a text lol.

Night everyone.

17 Likes

Nicely done, another successful DIY…you are getting closer to the dark side…errr hydro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Congrats on your last grow and good luck with the next. You have helped prove that LED is the future, probably :grin:

1 Like

EDIT: cleaned this up for clarity.
After this run, I think I will take a step back for a month or so, I want to re-design my cab

Old unedited part

I think I will take a step back for a month or so, I want to re-design my cab before I run another grow.

The features I will probably be implementing:

• Flood and Drain built into the floor using concrete mixer tub available from Home depot
  • “Darkroom” vents instead of PVC elbows. My theroy is if I use one on each side, I’ll gain air flow while retaining light proofness.
  • The ceiling in my cab needs the vent section across the whole width of the cab, the single soffit vent isn’t goin to cut it when summer hits.
  • Install the carbon filter still sitting NIB. (This probably will happen before the next run, My girls were STINKY)
  • More IOT/Automation projects. @Mr.Sparkle, @Robin, @anon58740919 have inspiried me to go even more “high” tech!
  • Sometime in August for my birthday i’m going to be ordering a bulk order of SolStix. 25x 3500k X2’s and 10 of the new fancy Red and Blue SolStix. By August I should be done with my house, and will be planning a new space build out. Going for 3-4 times the space and lighting. :slight_smile: The eventual plan is to have a professional grade setup so I can pollen chuck and learn to breed. I’ll need seperate spaces for cloning, males, veg, and flower. I want them all big enough that I have room to work, considering future physical limitations that i’m bound to have.
  • So, that being said after this run, I’ll have some blumat gear for trade haha

And fear not, my thread is always open for discussion even if it’s off topic. Anytime ya’ll need to vent or say somethin, Come in, sit down, have a bowl and get some munchies and let er Rip!

-Jelly-

Edit:

Thank you my friend! Once you get results like this you’ll find it hard to go back to the burning heat of a HPS. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’ll need to follow this up at some point, i do like the Solstrip’s they seem ideal. I have had similar yields with 600w hps grows but it would be nice to lose the extra heat and energy consumption it creates.

2 Likes

Alright guys,

So this is why you wanna be around to adjust your blumats for the first couple days after install.

Can ya’ll spot which one needs adjusting? Let’s say it was a close call… haha. I actually had to clean up just a bit of water on the left hand rear side. Luckily I can’t leave my plants alone long enough for anything to get bad lol.

In an effort to keep the Grass Monkey tester thread less cluttered, i’ll post the closeups here.

So, I also have an update on Terry the revegged bagseed.
Terry is looking a little undernourished so I switched her feed level to 4g per gallon as well. The pics were taken pre watering.
I love how plants can act all crazy, look at the single leaves and odd formations :slight_smile:

And for my last bit o post, I got started on my @Roux Ziplock magical DWC Bubbler hydroponic contraption.
Drilled the pilot holes with a step bit, then drilled the 3" holes with a hole saw. I like this plastic as it doesn’t crack easily, and a quick run over all the holes with an exacto knife cleaned them up good enough for government work. I tried to make them evenly spaced, I think it turned out okay.

Just gotta make the holes for the airline and it’ll be good to go, I have some 4" or 5" heavy air stones I plan on using. (2 will be put into use) and a dual output aquarium pump should take care of them… If not, I do have some Thomas wobble pumps that can work as a reliable quiet air source. Would just need a different pressure relief valve lol.

9 Likes

Wowza, I got double vision, you made great work of that! (I should’ve got the black dang it!) 2 air stones is what I dropped in mine and seem to do the job. Are you gunna run megacrop in there :nerd:

Oh and don’t forget a heater :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah I want to get a heater, I’m thinking something pid controlled. It only needs to be 68 degrees if I recall correctly.

And yep, I’m a megacrop convert :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just peeked back at your thread, your container is black? What am I missing here lol

3 Likes

Your plants are looking great! Such a nice lush green. That drip system looks like it’s working out great.

65 to 75 is a good range for water temp. I try to keep mine 70-74. Got this one, now I have 5 of them heaters and they work great.

I wanted to try megacrop but didn’t want to change nutrients for the GM test grow. I’m excited to see :smile:

Oh and the foam inserts…I was going to get black but went with green…I like the black foam, looks professional

3 Likes

I see! I have enough net pots to make the same style clone bones you do, currently I just have netpots and the inserts installed to keep cat hair out of my res chamber lol.

4 Likes

Day 20 since seeds were sewn.

This is only 3 days since the last update… holy shit ya’ll.

Whatever magic i’m doing seems to be working.

Jelly

13 Likes

They are looking excellent! I agree with ya, these are very magical monkeys…you give them what they want, and well, it’s more fun then a barrel of monkeys :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

4 Likes

As soon as I think mine are catching up to yours, you go and show me I’m not even close.
:monkey: :monkey: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :monkey_face:

7 Likes

Does anyone else ever go back and read their own threads, and look at the pictures and go, Damn? Did I actually grow that?

Edit:
Grass Monkeys are getting big. I’m gonna have to switch to 12/12 soon I think or I’ll have a freakin jungle in there.

3 Likes

I look back on mine and think WTF am I doing wrong now after producing fire before…

2 Likes

I look at mine and realize, I am wasting time again and need to get back to work!

Talk to guys later.

Back to work!

:tools:

2 Likes