Jelly's Laboratory - A collection of my Experiments

Took the words right outta my mouth. Haha i was thinking that looks like a space ship. VERY DOPE SETUP @Jellypowered!

2 Likes

I like it, Iā€™d keep some of those door shelves too and have all your grow tools right at handā€¦

2 Likes

I suck so bad at sketchup. At least I got something resembling the cabinet lol.

Measurements are all outside measurements,
Width: 36"
Depth: 24"
Height: 69.75"
1/2" thickness on the walls.
So in reality, Its just a tad bigger than my cab on the width and depth, but much taller.

After some brainstorming, I think Iā€™m just going to go with a veg/clone area, and a flower area. Iā€™ll keep the veg area shorter, probably 24" (~61 cm for you metric folks) and keep roughly 30-36" (91.5 cm) for the flowering.

As for watering, since I really want to get all the gadgetry going in this cab, Iā€™m probably going to adopt @Mr.Sparkleā€™s style of watering. Based on moisture sensor input.

IF I keep up with it, iā€™m pretty sure I can eventually obtain a harvest every two weeks.

5 Likes

Sketchup looks good to me, not bad for an evening tinkering. I love being able to adjust sizes etc. In fact, I need to get some actual measurements in my workshopā€¦

1 Like

Got the lower can racks tore out, the shelves, and associated 1/4 round supports. Put a few more cabinet screws in some spots to give it some strength since I just made it as strong as a cardboard box without tape lol. I pulled as many nails as I could see, Before I move the cabinet, Iā€™m going to have to scab in the back of the cabinet as itā€™s pretty flimsy right now. I may add corner bracing as well, I want this to be sturdy.

Only thing iā€™ll have to buy is the Plywood for the inside, Iā€™ve got plenty of leftover scrap 2x4ā€™s I can recycle into this build. Iā€™m thinking about adding wheels so itā€™s easier to move because when I get done with this thing itā€™s gonna be heavy!

Edit:
Purchased a 4 outlet 15w aquairum pump, some 40mm disc airstones, and some black silicone air tubing. This will be going in my dwc/cloner tub I made.

2 Likes

Whelp, got my air pump, it is quiet enough that my car is louder than it isā€¦

Also scored 3 matching 5" air stones to the one I already have at home. I love thrift stores lol.

6 Likes

I really dig thatā€¦ Some people are doing micro grows like Bonsai trees. I seen one in an old hard drive case.

Silicone air line came in, so did my 40mm disc air stones, now I gotta decide weather I wanna use the 5" discs or the 40mm stones.

Bought a 12 gallon tough tote to use as a resivoir for my flood and drain setup coming together nicely.

I have a pump already but I wanted one with standard threads so I have this one on the way.

And of course I needed fittings to put in my tray.

My tray is going to be the medium concrete mixing tub available at Home Depot. I picked one up today while I was out sourcing parts for the motorcycle lift I was working on.

Well I feel like I ramble too much so thatā€™s all for now.

4 Likes

Always wanted to try ebb and flow, seems like the most reliable hydro method to me. Keep experimenting bro! :atom: :biohazard: :bomb:

1 Like

Got my @Roux DWC/Cloner unit finished up. Found my step bit so I could finally drill the air holes. The 3rd hole is one size bigger on accident, those step bits go through the plastic fast lol. Whoops. Just gotta soak air stones and put them in but before that iā€™ll get it all cleaned up then install it into whatever space I happen to install it lol.

Sorry for the fuzzy pic.

7 Likes

Nice one Jelly :+1: Great clean work!

Its like were brothers from another mother :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Excited to see it in full operation. Quick question, whyd you opt to put the airlines through the lid?

1 Like

Honestly? I donā€™t really know haha, seemed like thatā€™s where it shoulda been? If i had to make up some BS excuse off the top of my head, Iā€™d say this lol. ā€œThe holes are in the top of the lid because I didnā€™t want to compromise the structural integrity of the reservoir.ā€

I miss DWC lol. Iā€™m gettin pretty damn excited!

2 Likes

Will the air lines in the lid will make it difficult to check the roots?

@Jellypowered is that an Arduino? Iā€™d love to hear more about how youā€™ve incorporated it.

Well, being a fellow micro grower you know nothing we do is ever easy. The space iā€™m planning on putting this tote in wonā€™t really promote itself to easy checks anyway. I saw @Rouxā€™s method of putting his Net pots in a mason jar for photos, and I imagine it will be the same way for me for changes/cleans/checks in the res. Plus, this is silicone tubing, its really easy to work with. I could just pull it off the pump if need be. That being said, maybe I should have thought this through a little better lol.

Where did you put your airlines @roux?

2 Likes

What you see is what you get, I havenā€™t gotten around to finishing that system yet haha. More of, proof of concept that it worked.

(Link is to a different forum, but itā€™s @Mr.Sparkles content, and a great read)
Mr.Sparkles Arduino Controlled Bucket
Shows his setup and has big detailed pictures.

1 Like

Cool, Iā€™ll check it out. Iā€™m a programmer by day and have always been fascinated by Arduinos and similar boards and home automation in generalā€¦ Iā€™ve just never got around to ordering one because I didnā€™t really have a use for it. But I could definitely see it being useful in a grow op.

2 Likes

I put them like soā€¦

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with having the airlines on the lid. It just might be a slight inconvenience when doing maintenance. But you can still pop the lid up and check on the roots with some extra slack in the airlines.

2 Likes

Do you notice you get any leaks from the air lines? Iā€™m worried about the ā€œwickingā€ effect but iā€™m probably gonna be fine, are you using silicone air line too?

No leaks or water wicking up the airlines. But mine are in there pretty snug (1/4ā€ bit if I remember correctly)

Nothing but the finest from amazonā€¦

1 Like