Jim's ongoing OG journal

Hey, everyone. I’m going to be using this to document my grows. I only grow indoors for right now. I’ve been growing for about 8 years now, but I’ve only recently been able to have consistently (mostly) healthy grows. I still have plenty to learn so feel free to let me know if you see any issues

My setup-
Main grow in a 4x7 closet, with a 2x7 growing area
3 300w bar style LED lights
1 gallon pots filled with coco dehydrated from bricks
2 reservoirs with 10 gallons in each, watering 3 times a day with an auto watering system
GH flora trio with calmag

Clone and auto tent
2x2x3 cheapest tent on Amazon
100w Mars hydro LED light
Mother plants start in 2.5" pots, then up to 4" pots and finally into 6" pots. I’ve found this gets me more than 2 years before I have to take a clone to start a new mother plant
I currently have ECSD, GG4, Mendo Breath, Kush Mints, and Mother’s Hashplant (Bodhi). I also always take clones from the plants I’m currently growing.
Using Fox Farm Ocean Forest With Dr Earth 4-4-4 mixed in

Autos start in the 2.5" pots and transplant to the 6" pots. This keeps them small enough to not crowd out the mother plants
Using coco with GH flora trio

14 Likes

First up, in the small tent I have Scarlet Grapes, courtesy of @blowdout2269

Also a couple of bud shots with flash to show the early frost

16 Likes

In the closet I have 4 Strawberry Temples from Bodhi. I popped the whole pack and I was hoping for 6 or 7 females, but I only got 4. It’s probably for the best anyway since the 4 easily filled up the area. I tried to save some pollen from the males but it didn’t work out

10 Likes

9 Likes

These are from today

I will be making some seeds this run to give away and hopefully repay some of the kindness that has been shown to me. I pollinated one branch on each plant, but it was messier than I planned on so probably more than one branch. Thank you @DougDawson

18 Likes

Oo, perrdy. Gettin frosty there. Looks like some sativa leaners! Got any Scarlet colors?

2 Likes

Looking amazing bud, great job.

1 Like

It’s just starting to get color to it. I can’t tell if it’s red or purple, but definitely not green

Awsome!
You gonna go the distance with em, or take them clear/cloudy?

1 Like

I don’t have a good microscope to check trichs, so I just kind of go until it looks done. I usually take my autos 90 to 120 days which I think is pretty done. I think I take my photos 12-14 wks more often than not which seems a lot longer than most of the grows I watch

2 Likes

It seems that my phone is posting these photos in any random order lol

You’re doing GREAT!!! Continued success, take care, stay safe and, be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yeah, I generally just wait on the plant these days.
I’ll check trichs on occasion, but its pretty rare.
I’d say at 90 you’ll be good. But it is a personal preference really.
I took mine early, cuz they were being limped along, lol. I wanna say day 73.
I think @Going2fast did like 85.
Then you got @pharmerfil, who went the distance! I think 120-ish.
You can also reference @BIGJ and @AppalachianBiscuits current grows.
:call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

I like to think of it as time spent avoiding trimming :joy: but I think it was like 102 days.

@Jim you have a great looking garden! I’ve been curious about bodhi’s strawberry milk crosses so I’m gonna follow along!

2 Likes

I’ve been watching @Going2fast and @pharmerfil grow journals for awhile now, I’ll have to check in on @BIGJ and @AppalachianBiscuits

2 Likes

Theres a bunch more growing the SG also.
Umm I think @Whatnow and @Natea have/are too.

2 Likes

I haven’t grown any strawberry milk crosses yet so this will be all new to me. The only decent grow that I’ve seen of this strain is @BeagleZ journal. I hope mine turn out as well as his did

2 Likes

Wonderful plants! They all look great ! :grin:

1 Like

Yep, my SG is starting to finish up, it isnt as big but it has been hardy and resilient. Probably a couple weeks left, it will go to about 10 weeks total I think.

2 Likes

Nice, both the pheno’s I had were great, the larger grapefruit pheno was my go to daily smoke to the last bud.
Looks like your well on your way to some fire!
Sending good vibes, will be tagging along from here on out.

1 Like