Jinglepot’s Grow and Adventures

Inkbirds definitely can’t handle heavy-duty heaters. Are they actually claiming they can? That’s a safety issue for sure, if so. The specs say their max is 10 amps, standard for 16-gauge copper wire. A standard space heater draws 12.5 amps, more on startup. Inkbirds are advertised to control heating pads and the like, though, I thought…

2 Likes

I know they’ll safely run a large pond fogger used as a dehumidifier!

1 Like

Dammm so happy you caught that in time.

1 Like

All is well! I have lived and learnt! I am just running the heater with no controller, no issues (I’ve been checking at maximum OCD). It left on low power mid heat and it’s quite nice in the tent. Outside temps are nice too, which helps. So far the highs have been 27.4C and lows have been 17.3C.

I’m gone skiing for a few days, I have my mom and bro checkong while I’m gone. Should be good, theu are just monitoring as nothing should need watering or adjusting. (Knocks on wood, salt over the shoulder, fingers crossed) I’m not superstitious, at all… but just in case… (flicks light on and off 3 times) :joy:

6 Likes

Hit em hard budddd🤟

1 Like

Strap a dashcam to your head … I wanna see your jumps…

2 Likes

My friend is in the fire department. His exact words were “ you wouldn’t believe how many house fires are caused by space heaters”
The best way to run them is plugged directly into the outlet.
Glad you caught it in time.
Enjoy yourself skiing!

2 Likes

They use cheap materials.

2 Likes

I’m getting too old for many jumps, lol. 1 year away from 40 tomorrow. Gonna spend a couple days at the mountain and break in my new skis. :metal::metal::metal:

7 Likes

Did you ever decide which ski trip you were going on? Hope it was option 4 with Mt. Baker!!

3 Likes

Most likely that trip yeah, depends on some friends in Kelowna and kamloops, but it sounds like I’ll be doing the baker trip.

I’ll be doing that trip mid February and depending on if I get my retro and bonuses from work by then, lol.

I’m up at Mt Washington fir 2 days right now… foggy!

15 Likes

Nice buddy!! Enjoy your trip!! Keep me updated when you get to Baker! Here is a little Baker teaser for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-nuH1Wdl-4&t=212s

4 Likes

Right on! I’ll watch it when I go in for a beer and a shot!

3 Likes

Duuuuude, that was one of… if not THE sickest ripping vid I’ve seen!!! Everything from the drops, log crosses amd claymation :metal::metal::metal::metal: thank you for that piece of awesomeness, I e got a few peeps I HAVE to share that with

5 Likes

Yeah Dude!! Glad you enjoyed it!! The opening like 4 minutes is all Baker!!

2 Likes

Legs are getting jelly, not bad for my first full day at the mountain though… still got a few runs in me for today yet

12 Likes

Hope your having a blast on the mountain @Jinglepot

3 Likes

@Jinglepot ever see the movie ( Frozen )2010 ‧ Horror/Thriller ? Don’t watch it until your back home! But you might find it interesting :thinking: unless you don’t like horror movies .

2 Likes

I LOVE horror movies… i havent seen it, I will give it a watch for sure!!

This one right?? :laughing::laughing:

download.jpeg-61

…Elsa Jean is always worth a watch :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Have a safe trip bud.

3 Likes