Joheim's ongrowing madness

Garden looks real good bruh.
Still fighting the Borg???

1 Like

Yes.

I’m tempted to clip everything super low while this round finishes up, break it all down clean everything with, i don’t know acetone? , and redesign my ventilation, actually seal the exhaust going outside(which may be where they came from) and restart. I’ve got an atomizer that I should be able to use with foliars for good coverage, I’m just not sure what to use. @Oldjoints said just heavily soaped water, I’ve got azamax, Dr Zymes, Grower’s Ally, Fungicide 3(neem oil), and Dawn. I’m down to accepting what I lose but trying to save what I can. This is my second harvest lost, and I’m starting to question my abilities with this amazing plant. Then I get someone who gifts me some from one of the dispos around here, and it hits the head right, and is smooth, but tastes like a cocktail of chems and leaves a burning then numb sensation on the tongue and lips. Leading me to question what was it grown with and what was used on it? Because mine tastes pretty good, THEIRS did not. I was grateful to get back to my weed.

3 Likes

Yes dawn soap does work. But regardless of what you use it will take repeated applications for weeks to kill them off. I killed mine by spraying every 3 days for almost a month. Isopropyl Alcohol will also help control them.
If you are just fed up a guaranteed way to solve the problem is to take clones of whatever you want to keep and spray the shit out of the clones and then isolate them. Once you are positive your clones are mite free destroy all the plants in your tent, seal it up and put in a fogger made to kill spiders like hot shot or similar products. Wait a day and then go in and wipe down your whole tent and completely start over. Do this with all your tents.
If your household plants have the mites also you will have to solve the problem with them also or you will just get a repeat of the mites.
Spidermites are a bitch and if you are not proactive with them they will win.

5 Likes

Well you know how big I am. Here’s one of the bigger leaves from my BC clone.

Yeah. Buddahs Cane does produce large fan leaves.

8 Likes

So what to do with an unexpected day off… well the wife is off to some estate sale(not my scene) and the kid is off to work. I think I’m going to tear into my room, clean up(it’s like working in a restaurant back there, there’s always something to clean) and rework my ventilation. I’ve got 2, 4" fans and 1, 6", with a filter for each. My Littles tent doesn’t use or need an exhaust fan as the door is normally open and the tower fan circulates nicely. I’m thinking 1, 4" in each of the other 2 tents and the 6 venting outside on a thermostatic switch. Even have a nice window vent for the 6"so it should be easier to seal. Just thought of this, do I need to find a filter/ cover for the outdoor part of the vent? How does one stop critters from crawling in the exhaust? Also time to clean out and shut down the 4x4 till the bugs are gone. I released 2000 phytoseiulus persimilis and these little guys seem to actually be doing something. I’m noticing less new damage so fingers crossed and the Littles are getting neemed after a good shower today, I’ll get some pics.

Also, can anyone point me toward the dude that made his own octopots? I’ve searched and can’t find the right thread. Fairly certain my limiting factor right now is my lazy ass.

And into the forest I go.

2 Likes

Maybe this thread? There’s a few people who’ve done DIY octos, I think. I’m certain there’s some discussion of it in here, anyway.

1 Like

There’s also this:

I’ve done this myself with good results

3 Likes

You can cover the end with women’s nylons pantyhose.

3 Likes

Piece of fine mesh screen also works well I use drier vents with a built in screen.
Should add buy the one with the flap that closes when the fan is off make sure the flap opens the correct way for your air flow they make both versions .

3 Likes

Just as a funny,
My wife decided I needed a new tray for the garage because I won’t take my glass trays out here. So, at the estate sale she got me a communion platter

Take these and smoke for they are my gift!

8 Likes

Ooooohhhhh! That’s fancy!

2 Likes

Diiiisgustingly profane. I’ll take 2.

I love it. Very classy.

3 Likes

Now you just need to grow some Communion to put on it.

4 Likes

Dam sounds like I need to join your church . Should of had that girl entered in the poster getting made nice looking plant.

1 Like

I wish it was mine. It’s RomulanGenetics’ picture.

1 Like

Should I find a non-monetary way of attaining that strain I’ll definitely grow it. But it’s not in my inventory.

Well of the plan from yesterday, most of it, didn’t happen. The Littles got a cold shower from underneath and that’s about it. I set 3 cuts of Jinxproof’s Main Squeeze to root and reveg, the wife likes the accidental early cut so I’m trying to bring her back. Also set 6 cuts of Ice Pie to root to try again for a fem seed run this time they’ll only get 2 weeks to veg after they root before I throw them in the flower tent(post toxic warfare) they’re only going into 1 gallon pots so hopefully i can get an easier to work with smaller plant. Also should have the room for Gojigum and Sweet & Sour Cindy. I may be tossing my first Buddha’s Cane into flower this weekend also. I finally got caught up on @BigMike55 's thread(damn) and she looks like a stretcher, just not like that Shelavathi. Wow.

Ok headed back in. After a rip or two.

6 Likes

I was looking at the ice pie trying to decide which one will be my mother plant. Same with the iss, gonna keep both around for a while.:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

If you have the space I like to actually smoke the cured bud before making my selection . Sometimes the ugly plant is a better smoke pretty looks isn’t everything.

3 Likes

Random rant

I see people on other sites whining about their weed not getting them high, and the first response is s almost always “you cut to early”. Not bagging on the responses some of them are right but in my experience even early cuts get me high as a kite.
Example: This morning’s breakfast was Main Squeeze from a branch i broke off… mmm 3 weeks ago? It’s too dry and is little harsh, but I’m fucking high! I think it’s just crappy weed.

2 Likes

“Play me a dirge, Mr.Smee”

Time to reset. They were beyond my ability to save and everything in the flower tents got the axe. I’m tempted to break it down to just 2 tents easier to manage after a long day on the road. I’ve got cuts isolated so I was able to save (presently) I.S.S. and Loud Love. The rest i have seeds to try again. So, burn one for the harvest lost if you will and I’ll get. I was able to get Main Squeeze to harvest as both of them were skinnier plants in fact I’m inspecting and jarring them up tonight. I was able to save a few cuts if it also and they’re about 4 days in the cloner today.

Just sampled the Fluff from jarring up Main Squeeze, and I’m liking the kick. Time to shower the girls again, after dinner.

1 Like