Joheim's ongrowing madness

If you have the space I like to actually smoke the cured bud before making my selection . Sometimes the ugly plant is a better smoke pretty looks isn’t everything.

3 Likes

Random rant

I see people on other sites whining about their weed not getting them high, and the first response is s almost always “you cut to early”. Not bagging on the responses some of them are right but in my experience even early cuts get me high as a kite.
Example: This morning’s breakfast was Main Squeeze from a branch i broke off… mmm 3 weeks ago? It’s too dry and is little harsh, but I’m fucking high! I think it’s just crappy weed.

2 Likes

“Play me a dirge, Mr.Smee”

Time to reset. They were beyond my ability to save and everything in the flower tents got the axe. I’m tempted to break it down to just 2 tents easier to manage after a long day on the road. I’ve got cuts isolated so I was able to save (presently) I.S.S. and Loud Love. The rest i have seeds to try again. So, burn one for the harvest lost if you will and I’ll get. I was able to get Main Squeeze to harvest as both of them were skinnier plants in fact I’m inspecting and jarring them up tonight. I was able to save a few cuts if it also and they’re about 4 days in the cloner today.

Just sampled the Fluff from jarring up Main Squeeze, and I’m liking the kick. Time to shower the girls again, after dinner.

1 Like

Dang man. You and @MoBilly
Bad time of the year for spider mites, huh?
Seems you were fighting those rascals when I paid a visit. Same infestation?

1 Like

Man that’s brutal, friggin bug’s, you didn’t lose ice pie since I have it. Soon as they’re ready I can always send cuts back to you my friend.

3 Likes

Yeah, same one. I would think I was getting ahead of them only to have them show up again in the other tent. I’m sure at this point the Littles tent thinks i hate them. Spraying them down and upside down over and over again. I’m looking into a natural systemic (SNS209) to get the girls started on so hopefully cleaning everything, spraying the baseboards, window, and corners of the tents with a residual, treating the yard, and changing my clothes when I get home

I did get a couple jars of main Squeeze but everything else i wasn’t taking a chance.

1 Like

Man! That sucks out loud!
Better luck next time. Sounds like you at least know what to do do fix the problem. Fingers crossed bruh.

1 Like

Was talking with a dude yesterday that brought up heat to kill those little buggers. He suggested using a heat gun on a stand in a sealed tent. 130° will kill bugs.

Also, ozone generator. You can put it in the tent, close it all up, and let it run for a day ir two. It will kill any living thing, plant, bug, bacteria, fungus. Just dont expose yourself to it snd don’t expose your pets to it. High concentrations of ozone are toxic.

3 Likes

I haven’t lost her completely. I have a mother in the Littles tent(which has been getting silica and the bugs don’t seem to like them) that I took 6 cuts of, they’re are specifically for a fem seed run. Also the cloner is isolated from my grow and all my cuts are neem treated. The azamax dunk is this weekend.

3 Likes

Tonight I set 4 cuts of ISS and Loud Love, after a thorough drenching in neem, to root in the cloner so that makes 3 revegges and Ice Pie in the cloner, no roots just yet. In trying the heavily soapy water tonight. I’m thinking dunk and shake under water let them set for 20 minutes and do it again, with a clean water dunk and hold off on the azamax till Monday.

So tonight into the bubbles we go!

3 Likes

Sounds like @JoeCrowe “protocol 0”.

1 Like

If you do a really good job cleaning them off, you can definitely finish off the spider mites. I also clean the entire grow up with a vacuum and a mop.

2 Likes

Inspired by him yes.

Buddha’s Cane will be the most difficult to dunk, she’s ready to flower.

I just have to let the residual spray dry before moving anything back into either tent. I had to cut back my Blueberry Diesel testers no room for them and of course they’re getting the treatment also. More bubbles!

8 Likes

@joheimgrohen Grow looks nice man :+1:
How do you like that Szhlux 400w light? I was thinking about grabbing one for a 4x4 tent.

2 Likes

I have no complaints. If I had to complain about something about it, it would be the dimming. It’s not a dial, there are 2 on/ off switches, one controls about 30%of the light the other about 70%. I use mine in a 4x3 to veg, sprout, and clone. I’ve grown a couple autos under it and they did ~ok. I’ll try to get a post up tonight. The girls are getting bathed again tonight so I should be able to get a good shot or two.

2 Likes

@A-Loc I have one of those in my light pile too. It’s def very low cost for the amount of light it puts out. IMO it’s underpowered for a 4x4.

I just scooped up a 500w UPDAYDAY ua5000 for 185+tax using Amazon discount code EGS2369N. It’s a good deal at that price. Much better for the 4x4 than the 400w szhlux.

The discount code is on myvipon here…
https://m.myvipon.com/#/product/9863692?type=search&search_id=21273887&position=1&f_d=51

1 Like

@joheimgrohen yeah in the little bit of feedback out there on these lights I’ve seen a few people say the same thing. I ended up finding a new open box 600w pt6000 for 220 shipped. Should be more than adequate for a 4x4.

@Tracker i was researching for days trying to find the best bang for the buck light I could find. I got two unit farmer ufs3000’s for 120’bucks last fall. They draw 200w a piece. And now they’re Almost 200 bucks a pop. That’s a great price for a 500w led. Do you know how long that code will be good for? I still need one more 4x4 flower capable light and a few smaller lights for veg but I’m on a pretty tight budget at the moment trying to piece together the grow I’ve been dreaming of since my last indoor harvest 12 years ago lol

1 Like

Vipon says that code is only good for one more day, but don’t fret. Lights, including updayday, frequently have discount codes on the folowing sites…

freestuff.cafe
yofreesamples.com

Just type “grow” into the search bar, and see what options are available at any time. Sometimes they’re not really a great discount, and other times they are awesome discounts. Beware, these are cheap Chinese lights. They won’t perform as well as an expensive top brand manufacturer, but they’re good enough for my budget for sure.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how much the prices fluctuate for our lights. I’m in no rush now that I have 2 4x4s pretty much ready to rip. I’m just on a mission to grow some serious dank on a budget to show new/old people you don’t have to invest thousands to pull a nice harvest.

1 Like