Joheim's ongrowing madness

Thank you, I try to keep it pretty clean.

I was working with the girls last night and came to the conclusion that I was a moron for not cloning these Lemongrass from Humbolt while they were in veg. So, I’m going to try to monster cropping these two cuts, and should that fail, I’ll try to reveg after harvest.

The two with the buds are the Lemongrass. The others are Ice Pie, Durban Poison, Destination Wedding and one Tropicana Cookies.

4 Likes

Been working with the Littles today. The autos got up potted to their bags, three Blueberry autos gifted from a friend in another site and LSD auto from Costal Mary Seeds! OK, you can’t see the fourth one, she’s over to the side

2 Likes

Just dropping a whole tent pic. 5x5 all stages from 2 weeks into flower to just about ready to harvest.

7 Likes

Sweet man, are those soil or coco and how much are you getting in those Walmart recycle bags? :metal: :metal: :metal: tagged

1 Like

Coco mostly. I use Grow Dots and Recharge for the most part. I’m hoping to use up the last of my GH nutes with this run and go to something a bit cleaner for any supplemental needs. Yep, Walmart Reuseable Shopping Bag, .50-1.00 a piece holds about 6 gallons of media. It’s the same non-woven material as many grow bags I’ve seen.

2 Likes

So far I’ve gotten everywhere from just a single quart jar, to 1.5 gallon jars from one plant. I know everybody likes weight, I don’t anymore. I don’t care what they yeild. Now that single quart jar is full to the brim (minus what I’ve sampled) and the nugs are dense. I’m still trying to find “my” strain. My most recent favorite is Ice Pie by Tiki Madman. She’s the full jar. That girl, i got as a mother being retired so she may not have done as well as she could have. I’m hoping my training methods improve the harvest this round. I also have my own mother of it that I just rooted out cuts from. I plan on trying a mono cropped tent (I like this strain that much) that I intend to do a selfed seed run.

2 Likes

That’s great man. I dig it. May it all be Kiind!!! :metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

And it continues…

A few of my girls i was given by a fellow OG’r that is a friend semi-locally, so I could help him save his genetics. On top of all my own adventures I got to clone out a few of the strains he gave me. My cuts have rooted and are in their solo cups. Even one of my own rescue cuts rooted. Now if I can get my Lemongrass to root, it’s on! Once I get through my first seed run (Ice Pie fems) Lemongrass is next.

1 Like

Do i want to do any crosses in my seed runs? The ice pie seed run clones just came out of the cloner so I’d have to start any crosses now.

1 Like

Actual Question
My late flower rescue project “Lemongrass”, has been a bit slow to root. Would it hurt them to hit them with the rooting powder again? They’re now the only thing in my cloner.

OK, well I did it anyway. Just a light dusting.

So thought I would try to show the ladies off a bit. No, I’m not the best grower, but I am successful at it.

Widow Bomb on the left MLK4 on the right.

Ice Pie

Two Calypso Chem girls

and 2 Lemongrass

13 Likes

Finally found your thread. Nice stuff going on there my friend.

1 Like

Thus far the late flower genetic rescue project is a success! WE HAVE ROOTS ON BOTH CUTS!!!
They went into their solos today to start the reveg! Well actually continue the reveg. They’ve been 19&5 since the cut. Didn’t think to get pics of the roots sorry. One had 4 bigger roots that were fishboning out nicely and the other had just 1 long almost tap root and some shoots starting from the later rooting powder application, i would think. But they’re both looking great. I took one out to show off to my wife, and she did the “aww she so cute” thing. Proud poppa told her to give her a little squeeze. When she smelled her fingertips… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: y’all the recoil was genuine!! She twitched, jerked backward and threw her hand away from her face! @Maddawg if yours are like mine, 0 disappointment. If, no, when I get them revegged, they’re going to get a nice long veg time before I flip them. I may need to get something larger than my growcery (:laughing:) bags. Maybe something in the 10 gallon range.

5 Likes

If you come down this way, ive got some extra cloth pots, like 15gal you can have.

I’ve got your thread on watch mode!

3 Likes

I’m super interested to see how the MLK4, WB1, and IP finished up.

Can I ask you for a little show and tell on the finished flower?

Also, that Calypso Chem looks interesting.

2 Likes

Definite sativa on the Calypsos, tall I had to break over 2 of her tops she was only a couple inches from the light

Preface on the smoke reports. This is based on my first time growing (rnd 2 underway). I’m pretty sure I burned them in the last weeks of flower. Not nutrient burn, lazy grower burn. So I think this round will be completely different.

Jar hit:
MLK4: sweet, no Skunk at all, hint of anise.
WB1: spicy, bit of Skunk with earthy tones
I.P.:heart: sweet, almost berry ish,

Smoke:
MLK4: smooth, kinda floral, pretty good puttering weed
WB1: little harsh, tingly in the sinuses, creeper.
I.P.: I need to go smoke some more. I’ll get back to it

2 Likes

Well it looks like I’ve got some mystery seeds. I was harvesting Sweettooth last weekend and I guess I wasn’t as diligent with the pollen as I thought I was. The thing is, I don’t know who got her or if more than one did. She’s too young for Kona Maui to have hit her up but that leaves auto Maria, the freakshow, or the duckweb. We’ll see how many I get.

3 Likes

Hey was that Kona Maui from Swarley?

2 Likes

Yep, I haven’t gotten around to another Swarley run, I keep getting these beautiful plants gifted to me that I want to keep for a few runs and room is tight.

4 Likes

I’ve got that Kona Maui pollen you gifted me to dust on my outdoor garden, so I can trace back the lineage on the Swarley site. It’ll be time to apply in about 2 weeks. Pistils and little buds are popping out everywhere.

I took snips of everything to back it up in case anything turns out interesting.

4 Likes