JohnnyPotseed's Test of BudBusterPro

yep cuz, lol and like I said before, the pic doesn’t do the justice compared to what you see in the real

1 Like

Why do u let it sit instead of bubble with an air pump? Aerobic is def much better than anarobic! Air pump can make all the difference!

Well in veg they honestly looked pretty close to me, now they are budding there is no question about seeing a difference!

2 Likes

That’s a simple 'tea; I use for foliar feed/spray cuz. There’s no need to use a bubbler on that. Like I said…‘shake’ lol that give’s it all the oxygen it’d need…

Not to be a wet blanket or anything cuz. I say whatever you feel helps, then go for it. But I personally feel folks over-tech things in growing Ganja, it’s a ‘weed’ lol grows almost anywhere under almost any conditions.

For me, to go all techy/scientific on things takes half the fun out of it…I’m not saying just chuck the seeds and LITFA, but I don’t go with all that scientific ‘how to’ you see more and more of.

yeah, I know, lol I’m an old dinosaur, old school. grower that goes more by my ‘feelings’ than all them fancy how-to grow guides. i check em out and use what I want from them, if I happen to see something I wasn’t aware of…which can be rare.

LOL see what ya get if you make a suggestion to me? A book!

8 Likes

I used to think this too, but it’s just not true! Check out any of the grow logs here that utilize Korean Natural Farming techniques, and you will be looking at a primarily anaerobically fermented nutrient application. It’s true of lacto serum, fermented plant juice, fermented fruit juice, and anaerobically produced micro herds.

1 Like

I see no hijack here, only a confirmation of what I said previously

1 Like

I’m cool with story time, just was curious. Always nice to explore the mindset in others methods and I foliar spray(only in veg) and root drench with my compost teas too and the 3 ingredients u mentioned are def in my teas among other things
Reason we aerate is to promote the beneficial aerobic microbes, where as anarobic can encourage not so beneficial SOMETIMES, adding worm castings is for those special microbes for sure and noticed there’s a lot of different methods in taking advantage of em so was curious why u soaked vs bubbled

Every ORGANIC farm I’ve worked on, compost teas were the methods so everything I’ve had great success with has always been that method and pretty much all I know for successful grows, took a stab at creating a living soil in the spring and ran a grow with it and weed sucked from it, switched back to actively aerated compost teas and the quality is phenomenal now

Like i said, if you have a method that works for you and you like it, then go for it cuz. To each their own, I say. I like and use the methods I have just fine, and have no thoughts of changing. i tried aerating my teas, I didn’t see any difference.

3 Likes

From what ur telling me the ingredients they use in those methods are the targets for the beneficials they want cultured, sure if u take certain substances that have a culture of something dominating it then it’s gonna give a resistance to other bad ones, great example is how plain yogurt contains the culture lactobacillus acidophilis which is excellent for gut health.
You go take a pile of kitchen scrap compost and leave It in a bucket for a couple days with some water on some hot days and it’s prob gonna get pretty funky and sour or even some milk, that’s great examples of anaerobic not being beneficial.
The 3 ingredients johnny is using doesn’t have bad microbes that will typically surface, but in my head from what I’ve learned culturing the microbes in the amendments is gonna make em go further

I’ve seen pics of his farm and seen mine and end of the day Id have to say both methods are working fabulous for us!

Many methods are non-specific microbial harvesting as well. For instance: put steamed rice under a pile of leaves for 3-4 days, you will collect MANY species of microbe, then mix the rice with sugar to feed them, and ferment. This is an actual recipe from KNF (simplified). Natural farming methods don’t differentiate “good” from “bad” microlife, as it all exists in a balance.

True, but the same waste, with a little leaf mold, kept in an environment below 80 degrees would be EXCELLENT for plants.
Like I said, I used to think like you, but if we’re willing to give up what we “know” and get curious, there’s a whole new world waiting

3 Likes

Okay, this is the first time I was able to guess the two treated plants before reading your post. I also agree those look like they will need more than three weeks.

7 Likes

You have def brought up some very interesting points and methods I think I’m gonna be doing some more research on, def knew soil creates a buffer as things work together but sounds like there’s a whole nother world I haven’t been exposed to and not against exploring it. I consider my farm a small time craft farm, well if I can find some tips and tricks to perfect the craft then it’s worth my time to learn about it to only get better, rice is cheap and would be a great experiment to try out, also heard of people using rice hulls in place of vermiculite/coir, my guess is it’s prob related to the methods ur mentioning

1 Like

lol ok guys, now it’s going a bit off here. Please take any further conversation on this to the ‘Chat’ thread or DM. Thnx!

3 Likes

Amen Brother, Frikkin Science!

3 Likes

@Chronickyle, glad to see you following along!!
There will certainly be a lot speculation about the effects of BBP vs a multitude of foliar products available today!
What we recommend for our clients when this question arises is doing a side X side with any combination of foliars you desire against BBP treated plants.
We SPECIFICALLY state not to use other foliars in your BBP grow. We have a specific purpose for saying this as ANY OTHER foliars applied on BBP treated plants will most probably mitigate our targeted approach.
Quite honestly, a side X side will satisfy your curiosity and end the debate !!
Thanks, Bob

5 Likes

Wow! lol I’m sure sorry folks!
I took pics a few days ago and somewhere in my haste i forgot to post them!
There is a lot of progress on the test plants as opposed to the comparison plants. As you can see in the 2 Bruce Banner #3 the one on the right is treated with BBP and the one on the left is not treated. The treated is a lot bushier with more bud.

Same thing with the Blue Dream, the treated plant on the left is shorter but a lot bushier with thicker growth and buds.

Then a group pic the treated plants are always in the same position so as to not confuse anyone.

They could all use a little nitrogen but with it so close to chop time, straight water is all they get.
I wasn’t trying to pump any of them, since the test was revolving around my question… is there anything in BBP that will cause a ‘failed’ test. After i get the test results back, THEN the pumping can commence… on the next ones I grow out. lol

10 Likes

Johnny,
I sure hope you’re feeling a lot better…with this Omnicron going around I’ve been thinking a lot about you and your wife…I sure hope you both avoid this sh**.

I have a little info for you…I unexpectedly took advantage of a opportunity to get a treated/non treated lab sample done on wow_arizona’s Blueberry he just cut a few days ago…he will be delivering it to the lab on Monday. It will be tested by Level One Labs in Scottsdale Az. The testing protocol will be ‘Pesticides’ which tests for over 60 compounds deemed hazardous, and because all PGR’s are considered pesticides, it should tell us what we’re looking for !
I believe that many states have enlisted the same protocols for testing…we will obviously be getting a Oklahoma test done also, and I look forward to that testing. !!!

2 Likes

Sounds good cuz I look forward to seeing their rsults

2 Likes

You bet ! I’ll post them as soon as received…

2 Likes

I found a lab in the Tulsa area that just opened and is willing to do the same test as you mentioned, $200 instead of $250…hell if that’s all the break they’ll give I might as well do the full panel screen lol

3 Likes