Johnny's retreat and up coming grow logs

25/11 update

Ok I’ve harvested the Afghani at just over 8 weeks old and will get some pics after it dries ready for jarring, nothing to write home about, but it made it.

So the 2 clones, 1 has been put into flower on th 16/11 and the other 1 I took a cut from the top to create another clone and the rest of the plant will become my new mum.

In the flower cab

The new mum

The cutting I took

And finally the California haze seedling slowly coming along

I have top dressed the existing pots with EWC , made a EWC tea and gave them all a drink this morning. Will see how much of a difference this will make.

On a final note, I’m Over Buying Seeds from commercial vendors, I’ve tried to sprout a total of 6 of the Northern Lights seeds I bought and none have cracked. This is the 3rd time this has happened in the last 3 orders I’ve received. The freebies are good but not what I’ve ordered. This has all been over the last year now, 2 other orders didn’t arrive, so I’m at my wits end. Enough venting, I’ll just work with what I’ve got.

Until next time
Johnny

9 Likes

2nd of December update

Not a lot to write home about, but documented for my own records.

Afghani kush flowering for 16 days

And the California Haze now at 5 weeks old

The cutting/clone has not shown any roots as yet but is still plugging along, hopefully it’ll develop soon.

The next 2 seeds that I’ve tried to pop still show no signs of going any where. I tried “cracking” them this time and putting into paper towels but that was over a week ago, I’ll give it a while yet but not expecting much.
I think they may be a dud batch or very old.

And the “mum” Afghani Kush

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

Update 10/12/18

Afghani kush 24 days into flower

Afghani mum ready for some cuts to be taken

The Californian haze 6 weeks veg, not sure if this is an auto as there isn’t a lot of info online, so I’ve put it into flower today and will take a couple of cuttings in the next few days

And finally the last cut from the Afghani is starting to put out some roots

Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

Looking good man. Sucks to hear about the seeds, but don’t be afraid to check out the trading post. Lots of seeds to purchase or for free. Plenty of generous folk around here.

2 Likes

Hey @Fewding , thanks for stopping by, I’m disappointed with the lack of seed viability , this not the first time though. I’ve still got 4 left that I’ll try next week. I currently have my name on a list for some upcoming seeds so I’m not too worried.

Ok so I couldn’t help my self and took a couple of pics
The Afghani Kush at 28 days and the Californian Haze at 4 days into flower

Cheers Johnny

8 Likes

Notes to self 15 Dec 2018
Planted the rooted cutting this morning, doesn’t look to healthy but it will bounce back

Took some new cuttings as well, 4 from the Afghani ( on the left side ) and 2 from the California haze ( on the right side )

And the Afghani mum after her hair cut

Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

19 Dec update
So 5 days after last photo was taken of the California Haze and it has really found its legs and put some stretch on

So with a little bondage applied

Hopefully I can control the stretch.

And the Afghani is starting to put on some weight and swelling up

Until next time
Johnny

6 Likes

20/12/18
After the bondage treatment was applied, 10 days into flower, the California Haze has shown his BOY bits.

I will keep him and collect some pollen and do some selective lower branches on the next lot of the Afghan Kush. I need some seeds to play with, will be interesting to see what I get out of the cross.

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

26/12/18 boxing day update

1st up, the California Haze “boy”. He’s continuing to grow and putting out lots of balls but hasn’t yet dropped any pollen

And the Afghani Kush now at 6 weeks old coming along nicely with a comparison shot of a 600ml water bottle

I hope every body had a great Xmas
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

30/12/18 update

So the clone I planted on the 15th has done nothing so I tossed it. I planted another one a couple of days ago and it has already put on new grow, as can be seen above the dead leaves.

Some photos of the other cuts to show new roots.

There are 3 with roots, 1 California Haze (male) and 2 Afghani Kush. So I planted the 3 this morning.

That now gives me a full house in the grow cab. The pot on the front right is the last California Haze seed that cracked yesterday and was planted yesterday.

Next is the Afghani at a little over 6 weeks flower in her cab, not much difference from last photo apart from the bigger leaves are starting to die back/eaten.

And lastly the Cali boy full of balls and has just started to drop some pollen.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

9 Likes

1/1/19 update

Happy new year to all

So this morning I took the boy out of his cab and gave him a good shake over some paper to see what pollen he would drop. He dropped alot off sacks and a little bit of pollen

Gave the fallen sacks a bit of aggitation and then gently rubbed a Q tip over the pollen for collection. Placed it into a small zip lock bag with some decadent and into the fridge.

Time will tell how it goes with the Qtip. I’ll let the boy go for a few more days and try again.

If it fails it’s not an issue as I’ve got a clone coming along which I can use latter.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

6/1/19 update

So 1st up the flowering cab, Afghani lush is now at 7 weeks, I had to put in a support as she was starting to lean over under her own weight

Next photo is of the Afghani mum

And last shot showing the latest round of clones putting on growth, all but the far right one 1 week planted.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

10/1/19

So I think I’ve f…d up my cuts, over watered and battling with the current heat outside, ambient is around 32 outside . Don’t think they’ll survive

Should’ve used some “Litfa” never mind, 1 is still ok and I’ve got other cuts in the cloner. The mum is also a little sad, if she perks up I might flower her out and create another mum from 1 of her cuts.

4 Likes

@Johnnybsmokin dude. pm me your addy or somewhere to meet for a beer or 3 and I will hook you up with a seed care package, If you live near moreton bay im ‘just around the corner’ in Caboolture.

I would have offered at the start of the thread back then if i had seen it.

7 Likes

Hey @Pedro_Bann thanks for the offer, I’ll shoot you a pm. I’m on the southern Goldy, so the only time I’m up that way would be when im on the way to the sunny coast. Bribie or Somerset dam.

So all the plants are looking sad Inc the one in flower. I’ll check on her when I get home this Arvo, she’s 8 weeks old so I’ll give her the chop if it’s still bad.

The only thing I can think of is the water I used. It was some old RO that I had, pH was checked but maybe it was “off” some how. Never mind as I said I’ve some cuts going so not all is lost.

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Too easy mate, you should have some to experiment with shortly.

3 Likes

They are in the mail matey. 4 different types and for your system I would try the Sour bubble x purple afghan first as it doesnt stretch and produces well.

10 Likes

@Pedro_Bann , mate you are a legend, much appreciated.

I really love OG, the giving, careing and sharing is incredible.

I have taken your advice and got a bag of what you suggested and give that a try. Have you been using it as is?? Or are you still amending it. I might still add some EW Castings to it.

Once again, Manny thanks.

Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

11/1/19

So I took down my Afghan kush @ 8 weeks

Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

Once mine start showing any deficiencies I just use my liquid nutrients as normal then dump the soil in my garden when i’m finished and rinse/repeat.

I put cuttings in the Searles as well after dipping in water then cutting powder and they root fast enough.

Edit: I had heaps of trouble with the heat this summer too.

5 Likes