Journal of the Grow #1

Here it is…this is the first time I’m trying to grow indoors in a controlled environment. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ive hesitated to post because I’m kinda shy. :blush:

Tent is 4x4x7
Current light is Mars Hydro TS1000 (2017edition) I’ve had to wait a while to do this. :woman_facepalming:t3:
Three (:crossed_fingers:t2:) ladies being grown are from an “old hippies” bagseed so I have no idea about genetics. Having fun just watching them grow.

32 Likes

Is that soil of coco?

1 Like

It is soil of promix. :rofl:

Very basic. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I’d scratch in some more perlite looks a bit heavy otherwise looking good.

6 Likes

Thanks, will grab some to amend what I have for use in future grows.

Field trip to a local Hydro store planned for later on this week.:sunglasses: Looking into updating & increasing lighting to increase yield. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Looking good so far, for a 4x4 you’re gonna want between 400-500w led come flower. They’ve gotten much better and cheaper since 2017 too.

2 Likes

Please don’t be! We all start somewhere and what better place than right here. Best of luck here. I’m wrapping up a grow using Promix for the first time and I’ve liked it.
Echo @ShiskaberrySavior— I’d throw some added perlite in next time, or if you up-pot. I wish I had done the same to promote better drainage.

9 Likes

Thank you for the heads up on that. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Exactly! :+1:t2::grin:

Thanks for the advice.

6 Likes

If my first plants looked like that…
Great Start

5 Likes

I did that too. I read lots and lots first.

3 Likes

nice setup and they look real happy, looking forward to seeing more pics of them and to watch them grow. great start

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m looking forward to posting more pictures too.

I’m :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:t2: for green and upright when the lights go up each evening and so far so good.

I’ve started playing the radio for them too, classic rock; rather than a totally quiet house while everyone is sleeping. :crazy_face:

Edit: While my roommate sleeps…I toss and turn, insomnia sucks! :neutral_face:

6 Likes

well of course! i mean who doesnt? dont forget to read to them, mine love it!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

They are looking healthy good job! :+1:

1 Like

Uuuhhhhhh close up inspection this lookin a little like a boy, or do my eyes deceive?

Apologies for the lighting, pics super recent. :crazy_face::grimacing::joy:

8 Likes

Possibly a hermie, but there’s definitely a ball or two, yep.

edit: Either that, or it’s the beginning of the branch forming… it’s probably worth waiting a few more days. Are you on 12/12 yet?

1 Like

Fuuuudge! :thinking:

It was doing so well too!

Oh well back to the drawing board…I’m nowhere near ready to start with males, their pollen sacs and breeding for seed yet.

Thankfully I’m patient. :grin:

Any advice? Nope not on 12/12 yet.

I’m working within the limitations of a functional disability and as are most these days financial constraints as well just so ya know. :woman_shrugging:t3: I had a trip to the hydro shop planned for tomorrow to update my light fixture. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ok, if you’re not on 12/12 I jumped to conclusions. That’s more likely the beginning of the branch forming, when the leaves are starting to separate they form what looks a lot like a ball. That’s a much closer-up photo than I thought on first glance, clearly… what I thought were pistils are actually the petioles, which don’t indicate sex one way or another with any real reliability.

You may be able to get hints from them once they’re a foot or two tall - I’ve been able to tell sex pretty reliably on vegging photos once they’re that mature - but the best way to be really certain is to switch them over to 12/12 and actually start them flowering, if not all the way. You can switch them over to 12/12 for a week, then switch them back with relatively little stress involved. After one more week, they should start to show pre-flowers. You could also just wait and read a good book and not bother them at all, of course. :stuck_out_tongue: Most of the time when I start looking for the sex on plants I’m not ready to start flowering, it’s just because I’m bored and need something to do - that might just be me, though! If you’re on a schedule and need to get this figured out, I’d switch them to 12/12 for a week to see.

2 Likes