Journal: Re-starting to grow... 17 years later

I remember 35 watts/sq ft is needed for good buds with Indicas. More light is needed for sativas. 50+ watts/ sq ft
When i read this it was back before LED’s, So you’d have to find out how many lumens are produced by 35 W per square foot using the old lights and convert it to the led’s. Come to think of it this is probably no help at all lol. But sure you will need more light… And you want your lights sitting just a couple inches above the plant canopy when using weaker lighting that does not get hot.

3 Likes

I just got to your newer posts And I see that the lights are a good distance from the plants

1 Like

Now they are one inch far from top of plant and no heat nor light stress.
They are developing the first “almost” complete leafs… and the internodes are tight. I think that for now 20w led will suffice, but will keep an eye.
Later I will post a picture.

2 Likes

What did you find on that plant? A bug? This early?

1 Like

For now it will work.

1 Like

A little white white bug/larvae. Possibly came along with me from the other interior plants.
The “tent” is almost closed. I did spray it with bleach and with h2o2 before starting to grow.
Almost in all the air holes made I put a g4 filter… so probably it came with me. Should take more care about this.

2 Likes

Do you have a picture of the bug? On the plant or soil?

1 Like

@Upstate :Was on the plant and killed it before making it posing :rofl:
It appears to be a larvae, about 1/2-1mm
This signs on the leafs made me suspect:

Very little marks… But can be seen.

This is how they are now. The Pink Floyd little twin seems to not survive. It grows only one leaf…

The Pink Floyd small twin:

And his sister (or brother)

12 Likes

Hard to tell from the photo even zoomed in. Spider mites? You can spray neem on a plant that early if you have to but it won’t like it. I spray a little on my index finger and wipe it on the underside of the leaf if its that small.

4 Likes

Welcome back. Great job getting back on the horse!!

More light sooner…can you hear em?

Looks like thrip damage

Good luck

1 Like

Does anyone knows of alternatives to neem oil.
I became a little worried after reading this:

4 Likes

Hello @Piter, good cultivation in this return to cultivation!!

I pulled up the couch to keep up with your diary

Keep growing

1 Like

Thanks @fazendeiro420.
Asking by your nickname, are you from a portuguese speaking country? Galician here.

2 Likes

Yeees, I’m Brazilian, it’s great to see Gacilian around here, i never visited Europe

1 Like

hah, I have never crossed the pond also.
Beautiful country you live.
Many ephifitic orchids there. Tried to make an invitro growing sometime ago with no success. I will try again when I have some orchid pods.
Good grows

2 Likes

Brazil really is beautiful, it’s a shame we have rulers/politicians who don’t care about biodiversity.
In the state where I live there are many orchid growers, but I still don’t feel attracted to them.
I actually started to enjoy growing when I started growing cannabis. Before that I only liked animals hahaha, I have a degree in Biological Sciences.

3 Likes

The politicians… well… I think that the most of them are the big illness of our actual society.

They have no integrity to the people they are supposed to serve, the people.

2 Likes

As far as I know it’s not neem/azadirachtin itself, but a specific product sold with azadirachtin as its main ingredient that was sneaking other toxic pesticides in without labeling them. Azamax, I think? Fairly sure it’s years-old news and they’ve already been sued for it. I was gonna go searching for a link, but don’t have to go far it seems:

3 Likes

Exactly, I share that thought

1 Like

I have used this to rid myself of spider mites. Easy to use as a foliar or drench.

1 Like