Journal: Re-starting to grow... 17 years later

Hell of a nice selection!
I prefer old-school strains myself… a few there I’d LOVE to pop!
Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Tejas . Will try to find it here.

2 Likes

Micronized Sulfur will kill stuff and if properly applied prevent PM. Twice 2 weeks apart in veg. Don’t use if oil was sprayed

2 Likes

Yeah… I have some classic.

Will not update this thread for some time, but I will try to make seeds from these plants, still some months for that, but, I will be giving it away.
Keep an eye.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!.

2 Likes

Welcome back! I’m in the same boat, I haven’t grown since 2005 or so- roughly 18 years.

Sounds like you have a stellar selection, I wish you nothing but success!!!

1 Like

I battled the Borg, unsuccessfully, until someone on the original OG told me about HotShot No Pest Strips.

The active ingredient, dichlorvos, is a gas- and is especially lethal to mites. It will not leave any residue on your plants whatsoever.

(Exotic herp keepers use them to control mites on their reptiles, btw.)

What you do is place one strip down below the canopy, and turn your ventilation system OFF during the night cycle. The basic idea is to allow the gas to build up to lethal levels and destroy the mites.

I know it brought me great joy to open the package and watch those little fkers running around in a panic. (I was hoping they would be screaming and on fire, too. I hate spider mites!)

Now, you want to keep this up for at least 3 days- the longer the better. About a week later, repeat the process. You want to kill any remaining larvae that hatch from the remaining eggs.

You can save your plants. I’ve done it, and I know this process works.

I really wish I could remember which member told me about this method, so I could give them credit.

4 Likes

Probably I will do a test with camphor… if it drives off some insects… that is less insects to fight.

Note… using it in the indoor space… not on soil nor plants.

Well, discarding this option. Should read more :sweat_smile:
Naphtalene is actually classified as a posible human carcinogen…
Ahhhh… how many years with all the wardrobes with balls of it…

1 Like

15/1/23 - Sprayed all the tent walls with neem. Inside and outside. Hope that if any guest will try to get closer, let the smell take away her/his desire. With that and the use of G4 filters in all air vents, hope to not have any more scares. But tent is not hermetic, and from time to time a biped appear and opens the doors looking with desire… :sweat_smile:

16/1/23 - Check the plants to see any more guest. No one found.
Added a small PC fan.
Added a small water glass with a CO2 tablet, to increase available CO2 (obviusly!).
All seem happy. The Pink Floyd LT is standing still, seems to have some new shoots starting, but too soon to be sure.

2 Likes

17/1/23 - Adding some nutes - light feeding for now:
0,5ml/l top crop green explosion
0,5ml/l TC. Coco A
0,5ml/l TC coco B
0,5ml/l TC Top Roots

A little black fly caught on the water with CO2… but none seen otherwise…

2 Likes

I just did some reading about Galicia since you mentioned you were from there. Very cool and interesting history. Sounds beautiful there as well. Welcome back to growing.

2 Likes

Hi.
Yes … Beautiful place, but now not as beautiful as it were years ago. Fires and aerogenerators destroyed many forests.

Still beautiful and good place to live.

1 Like

I didn’t follow the “fight club” rules 1 and 2, so due to a lack of privacy by my part :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

I apologize for not continue writing on this diary. Unfortunately, I am taking extra precautions to stay safe and have decided not to continue this thread at this time. I have transferred the seedlings to a friend . He will take care of them for sometime, with my help from time to time.
:sweat: :cry:
Thank you for understanding.

4 Likes

My friend send me photos of the Mutant Pink floyds. If you remember, that was a twin, openhearted surgery to take it apart each other…
Well, the Little Twin and the Big Twin looks like:

As you see, they are still alive, Quasimoda’s but alive.

9 Likes

Gone to make a visit to the ladies (or gentlemen)… They now are on LEC 35w.
Not many heat to them, but some are saying “I’m not good!!!”
Till now they were with half food and LED aprox 20W…
Yesterday was irrigated with
1ml/l TC Coco A + 1ml/l TC Coco B
0,5ml/l Top roots - 1ml/l Green Explosion (not sure if 1ml/l or 0,5ml/l must check notes)
And added a little Micro Vita.
pH 6,4 - EC 612
Them all:

As you can see (or not :sweat_smile: ) there are three new incorporations… Mango Widow (Mr. Nice), (SKxLK)x(Z3x(WCxBM)) and CSKx Doc’sOG from @Tracker .

The Bubblegum (fem-Bulk seeds) – seems to be ill. I don’t know if it was for the cold, or low nutes… As a note, I noticed she was drinking less than the others,…
Leafs started looking brown and now are more … well a image worth one jillion words…

Some others are alike but in very starting phase… but now that they are being fed complete… I will wait some days and recheck.
By the way… the Pink Floyd Brothers are growing well, after starting with deformations, they are making a division - branches as if they were fimmed.
Well, thery are not 100% healthy… but… they are going.
Note this is the first grow with Top Crop nutrients, years ago I used the Hesi Coco… and never had a problem, but they now changed the formulation, that is the reason to change to TopCrop.

PD: One has a double serration on the 5th serration of the leafs. (No pic, other day will put it)

So for now the family is:
White Widow (FSE)
Super Silver Haze (FSE)
Leda Uno (KC Brains)
Critical Skunk (Mr. Nice)
Pink Floyd Big Twin (Mr. Nice)
Pink Floyd Little Twin (Mr. Nice)
Wild Thai -fem- (World of Seeds)
Mango Widow (Mr. Nice)
(SKxLK)x(Z3x(WCxBM)) ->Tracker
CSKx Doc’sOG → Tracker
Gorilla Glue#4 -fem- (Bulk). This was frozen for one month before growing.
Cookies Cream -fem- (Bulk). This was frozen for one month before growing
Super Silver Haze -fem- (Bulk). This was frozen for one month before growing
Bubblegum -fem- (Bulk). This was frozen for one month before growing

HGs!!

9 Likes

5-FEB-23 - All watered till drain (except the newcomers), with:
1ml/l TC Coco A+B, 1ml/l green Explossion, 1c MicroVita (in 5 liters), 1c Epsom Salts in 5 liters.
pH 6,1. Starting EC 150ppm, with epson salts around 300ppm (Will have to check Log, I’m writing on memory) final EC around 650ppm more or less.

Some look not good, hope that with this pH level and epsom salts added will correct deficiencies.

Happy Wrongings… errrrr
Happy Growings!!!

11 Likes

Way to get back on that horse! Plants look pretty good for a 17 year hiatus. Lots of helpful people to be had on here too. Nice work @Piter

2 Likes

Looking good Bro !
.I use to drive myself crazy chasing numbers .
.I’ve never grew in coco …
Looks to me need some drying out time and some fresh water …just my 1 cent lmao

1 Like

8.2.23… The leafs and plants seem to be better with the pH adjustment. The worst is the bubblegum (bulk fem), but I think was for overwatering, she not drinked as much as the others, perhaps due to suffer on transplant … or not, who knows, I not know. :rofl:

Also, on the DIY side of things, preparing a Cob full spectrum+ day light fixture…
This is 52cm x 40 cm. Always recicling :rofl:
Still a work in progress but looks like:

Upper side:

Down side:

(The markings are the protective plastic, when off it should be full white.)

The full spectrum are 10w, perhaps will add 3 more at center…

And the daylight are 3w… But thinking in change for 5w, anyway this are only to connect sometimes to not see the “burple” and locate posible diseases.

In the conections will add sealant for security, and grounded, of course.
And with a switch for connect the 3w or not.
Will add some pc dissipators or something alike.
The space that will be lighted is about 80x40 cm… 0,32m2 → about 3,4 square ft.

So for now the race goes:
White Widow (FSE) → Good health and growing well.
Super Silver Haze (FSE) → Good health and growing well. Some leaves are curving upside from center. Will keep an eye.
Leda Uno (KC Brains) → Good health, but not as fast growing as I remember or as the companions.
Critical Skunk (Mr. Nice) → Good health and growing well. The biggest so far. This has some leaves with double serrations. I think it is a male, time will tell.
Pink Floyd Big Twin (Mr. Nice) → Good health and growing well. After the open heart surgery to split from his brother/sister, it growed as if was fimmed.
Pink Floyd Little Twin (Mr. Nice) → Good health and growing well. After the open heart surgery to split from his brother/sister, it growed as if was fimmed.
Wild Thai -fem- (World of Seeds) → Goog health growing well. Not thin leaves… :thinking:
Mango Widow (Mr. Nice) → Good health and growing well.
(SKxLK)x(Z3x(WCxBM)) ->Tracker → Appears to be healthy but after the two single leafs it appeared to not have stem, as always, I not cull my sons/daughters, I am giving them time. Now it seems to be appearing the stem. Something like this happened to the Pink Floyds, and now they are lovely.
CSKx Doc’sOG → Tracker → Good health and growing well. Was planted at the same time as Mango Widow and SKLKZ3WCBM, and seems to be a little more developed than the MangoW… “con si,… son sa.”
Gorilla Glue#4 -fem- (Bulk). The seed was frozen for one month before growing. ->Good health and growing well. This is the second or third more developed.
Cookies Cream -fem- (Bulk). The seed was frozen for one month before growing ->Good health and growing well.
Super Silver Haze -fem- (Bulk). The seed was frozen for one month before growing ->Good health and growing well
Bubblegum -fem- (Bulk) The seed was frozen for one month before growing → Ñe… After suffering for “possible” overwatering (was watered always the same amount as the others, till the last flush), appear to be healthier than before. It still has the “scars” of the overwatering showing in the first leaves…

I don’t know if changing the order as the race goes, as in “Los autos locos” (Wacky Races)". Who will be the Pier Nodoyuna (Dirk Dastardly)?._
:rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

11.2.23. all fine… The Leda uno is starting to sprint… The pink floyd little twin looks good and seeing faster development overall.

Pink floyd LT:

Bubblegum seems to be better…

And overall view… (Rearranged from last time)

Happy growings!!

8 Likes