Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Awesome. That was a job. She is a beast. Thatā€™s the pheno you picked for breeding from the start, right? Itā€™s gonna be fun when i can get to them. best vibes on the project.

3 Likes

I picked #6 from the F1 generation, and right now, itā€™s looking like #5 is gonna be my pick for the F2 generation (female) with #4 (male). Had 7 females and 5 males that I flowered out in total (and about 5 more culled early) that all came from the #6 seed F1 mom. These F2s were open pollinated too, so not only do F2s show the most variation seed to seed, but add to it that they were open pollinated from multiple males.

It was pretty crazy overall, but Iā€™m really happy with the male and female selections I ended up with here. I didnā€™t see a single nanner on any plants from either the F1 or F2 generation. So hats off to Mr @bodhi there! I thought Iā€™d at least see a couple in the F2s.

I think this #5 is gonna produce that 7-up flavor rosin. She even smells like it. Somewhere between lemon/pine cleaner and 7-up.

I hope by this time next year to make the F4s, and do another OG seed run to celebrate. Sunny days ahead!

28 Likes

Very cool bro. Very cool.

2 Likes

7up flavored rosinā€‹:yum::exploding_head::alien::money_mouth_face::metal:

6 Likes

Wow! This plant is stunning.

That calyx to leaf ratio is incredibleā€¦ a dream to trim. The flowers look exceptionally resinous - and of it smells like 7up that is a feat in and of itself. 80 days isnā€™t too bad at all.

Youā€™re Grapefruit cross sounds super cool as well. Iā€™ll be interested to see what comes out of it - been chasing citrus for a bit!

10 Likes

Smoke Report JS5

This smoke report comes courtesy of my wife, who just tried the JS5 for the first time tonight. Shortly after, she went to the kitchen to check on dinner, turned on the microwave (meant to set the timer) and then proceeded to ask me what I was cooking in the microwave. :joy:

I think it worksā€¦ Cured about 1.5 weeks has a very strong lemon-lime smell, and a little menthol/pine. More sour than anything in the F1 generation, which I really like. This will probably press into a 7up flavor rosinā€¦ I might try making some this weekend. More creeper sativa high, no drowsiness for me, and good ceiling. I think the progressive onset also goes well with the calming, anti-anxiety aspects. Iā€™m about 1.5 hours in and still feeling really good.

In other newsā€¦

@AllOra expressed some interest in helping out with the project. So, since I have JS5 crossed to 3 different males, this generation is getting male-tested! :tada:

This is an awesome benefit to the project, and will help take out the male-selection guesswork for making the F4s. This is a very critical generation for determining the best male. Many thanks @AllOra.

Once weā€™ve decided which male generation to search, Iā€™ll do another run and try to get batch of F4 out to @MomOnTheRun for distribution.

22 Likes

Thatā€™s a very beautiful pheno! Itā€™s a really hungry strain, eh?

3 Likes

What an exceptional project. @lefthandseeds is knocking it out of the park with this one.

8 Likes

trying to bookmark this thread and add supscriptions

2 Likes

:pray: Thanks for the kind words. Itā€™s a special strain to me, and Iā€™m very happy with how itā€™s going so far.

I was really happy to be able to get some F2s out for preservation. Iā€™m even more excited to get some F4s out there. Theyā€™ll be much more consistently good, and better for using with breeding.

11 Likes

Logging here:

8 Likes

So Iā€™m finally getting to smoke the JS long runner. Sheā€™s been curing a few weeks, so I thought Iā€™d throw up some bud shots. As you can see, sheā€™s quite frosty with beautiful large, extended crab-claw like calyxes. The smoke really floors me, very heady and taking from the sativa side.

I canā€™t wait to see when her progeny look like. @AllOraā€™s grow is going to lead us on the path to some pretty fine F4s.

25 Likes

Jars of Bud do not look much better in my opinion than yours does!!!

2 Likes

:pray: thank you. Iā€™m really happy that I got this plant in my F2 selections. If it keeps going this well, I think people are gonna have a fun time with the F4s.

6 Likes

Mine is very heady as well, but epic body stone too. The more you smoke the more f*cked up you get. This one doesnā€™t seem to stop peaking. Let me know if she gives you a weed hangover in the morning. Whats your flavor like?

5 Likes

Yea, totally! I smoke too much and I get pretty damn high. Iā€™ve only ever noticed weed hangover from going to hard on ediblesā€¦ but maybe that means I smoke too much. :joy:

The #5 girl is just straight lemon/lime to me. @8k_feet said it was spot on 7-up. What is yours like now that itā€™s cured for a bit?

7 Likes

Dude, I had one that looked just like her sisters, didnā€™t really smell much at all, and ended up taking a bit longer to finish than the rest of em. Never really thought too much about her. Fricken potency turned out ridiculous tho! Iā€™m kicking myself for not keeping a clone or even trying to reveg her.

4 Likes

Still smells like vomit and tastes like grapefruit. :joy:

Besides edibles, its rare I get a hangover off smoke too. Only strong indicas do it to me. The JS man, sheā€™s really heavy. I only pull out like one small bowl at a time with her or I end up not seeing straight. :dizzy_face: Iā€™ve wobbled to the bed a few times with it now.

8 Likes

Iā€™m thinking we have more congo-heavy genes in our buds, because Iā€™ve grown a couple dragonsblood and saginaw valley skunk, all three have the same g13hp father.

5 Likes

Sloth does that to me g13x black widow cross (Klar) Itā€™s like youā€™ve been on a tequila night I call it over weeded .

3 Likes