Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Check out this link… http://culturalhealingandlife.com.www413.your-server.de/

Look hard but he has everything covered in detail. It’s a cool paper. He worked on it for a long time. VPN is covered as well as cloning. It’s pretty in depth info. He has lots of humor and vids scattered around, too.

6 Likes

I’m on my phone in the desert, so that may not be the right link but you should able to get it from the name + .com. 107 here yesterday. I’m ready to go back to the mountains.

3 Likes

So this is crazy… These have all been in 18/6. Lot of males showing way more than preflowers.

Anybody got ideas?

5 Likes

Hmmmm, gotta think about that one. Which plant is it again? How old is it? Must only be 4-5 weeks in veg huh? Sorry, I got disconnected from the forums for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Yea this is just Jungle Spice F2s. I mean it seems like autoflowering, but it also seems like a lot of plants to be autoing for F2…

3 Likes

Was it an open pollination or one dad?

1 Like

Open. 3 males if I remember.

2 Likes

I thought if one male it could have been the problem… not sure now…

2 Likes

Only thing I’m thinking is set those aside & collect pollen separately.

Weeeeeeeeeeeiiiird…

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Iv had something very similar to these but there was an an insert that held the expandable peat plugs of course the thing are made out of cheap flimsy plastic lucky if you get a couple years out of them I think the wicking mat is a neat concept though!

4 Likes

Great link @GMan iv seen a lot of those videos before but I like how everything is packaged together in one bundle bookmarked this one!

3 Likes

This is not just a fad… I’ve got 4-5 males right now showing some hefty nuts… still in veg.

Somebody tell these guys I didn’t say go yet!

11 Likes

All of my males have started showing or just plain spewing all over… not sure why they are all going crazy so early. I had to collect pollen and cut the top half off of a Chocolate Kush.

4 Likes

Is it just males that have “auto’d“ , any early females showing yet .?

Gaz

3 Likes

I even have some young ones in 1 gallon pots and about to go up to a bigger one, but, most of the males are already showing and immediately going into flower. Last year I had some odd stuff like that but blew it off. This year, it seems like almost every male since spring has flowered more like an auto.

I’ll take photos. They’ve all been outside, too. I have one that I lost the tag to, but I think it’s a JC Haze Sannies Jack x Silverfields), and it’s a full on little Christmas tree with flowers going crazy. It’s the largest.

2 Likes

Are you also seeing jungle spice males apparently autoing? Did yours release pollen under veg lighting?

@Gaz29 seems to only be the males. Females are showing pretty normal preflowers so far…

5 Likes

Have you confirmed light on and off times?

2 Likes

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked. I also have a bunch of other plants in the same tent that aren’t showing any signs of flowering… Might even be a few JS males that aren’t doing it. None of the females are flowering at all. Nobody is stretching. I even had one or two showing balls before I put them in the tent with the others.

5 Likes

Update status is that I’m going to start the flowering cycle this weekend. I culled 1 plant due to mottled leaf coloring. I might cull another soon for being too nutrient picky.

I’m going to ship off all my known males to my 2nd tent, and start more seeds to backfill their spot with fems once I have pollen.

At this point, I’m tempted to take the worst male and keep it under veg lighting just to see what it does. If there are any “normal” males, I’ll probably do a dual pollination of 1 branch each just to be safe.

10 Likes

Culling the shite

Plants are getting bigger, and it was time to cull some weaklings. The top one has been sitting outside the tents all week with no water. I removed it because of mottled leaf color. Second one also had weird mottled leaves. Looks much worse in person than in photo, but you can still tell.

Neither worth keeping as I’m overloaded with plants and will have to cut back my females by nearly half.

10 Likes