Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

That’s about how I’m feelin these days… :unamused:

Thanks for the LOL :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Flower Day 1

Males

All the males I’ve identified so far are JS. 6 total. I have a lot of females, and will probably kill some eventually. The first two group shots include some Durbans. I tried to get mostly just JS plants in the rest of the shots.

One thing about JS in coco is that it HATES being transplanted / longer periods between feeds. I actually went out last weekend and bought some quart-sized pots from the store. All the ones that went into the quart pots are much happier than the ones that went straight to gallons sized pots. They should be pretty well established now, and ready to go to the gallon pots soon.

13 Likes

I’m fairly new here and just came across.this thread, I would love to become part of it. Please allow me to jump in the next F time. I want to learn the science of growing and I learn best by experience. Thank you.

4 Likes

Jungle Spice has a distinct leaf pattern. I have some JS x Deep Chunk. I can pick them out easily within a group of 40 or so plants.
Here is a pic of a clone of the JSxDC:

10 Likes

I have a friend a gave a few JSxDC seed plants to. He has one there that is no shit almost 8 feet tall!
I cannot touch the top of the plant. Just a bean pole single stem plant. Gonna be interesting how tall its gonna get?
This stuff is easy to clone, grows effortlessly outside, just dunno if they gonna finish for me before cold sets in. We see, Im hoping the Deep Chunk brings down the flowering enuff to harvest it near peak maturity.

8 Likes

@lefthand, how many plants did it take to get 6 males?

You can easily pick out the Durban in the top pics, heh.

1 Like

sounds like #1-+ characters

Edit for clarity

Not 100% sure yet, but looks like 6 males and 9 fems (2 fems culled). I’ll be cutting more pretty soon as they grow and limit my space.

I think all 3 of the CBG Durbans are fems… slightly bummed about that. But I have those other Durbans from BigSur, and I’m hoping to get a male somewhere in those.

4 Likes

More pics of the Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice #6:

I can pick out the Jungle Spice right away. It has its own unique leaf shape that I notice stand out.
The Deep Chunk/Jungle Spice was easy to clone, and is the fastest growing of the 20+ cuttings of various plants took last month. A breeze to grow in veg.

9 Likes

@Olbrannon its a single stem plant that has some stretch on the bottom, but its like a broom handle stem growing all the way to about 8 feet. He has it under a pine tree so it has a bit of stretch, but not stretched out tho.
Ill take some pics next time Im there.
Leaf shape is identical. I picked it out from 40 feet away when I seen it. I knew what it was.

3 Likes

do a stem rub on it?

illl let ya know, Ill do a rub stem on it.

1 Like

Male tent

Flower day 3 aaaaaaaand we have pollen. Females are nowhere close to being ready to pollinate. I’m going to keep growing them out. They don’t have a lot of pollen sacs yet, I’m just taken back by the fact that they’re already shooting off. There are 2 males that are developing a little more slowly (normal). So I might do a dual pollination, and if the early birds produce weird results, I’ll still have backups.

Shit’s crazy! Females are totally normal, but these males are a trip. I’m going to assume this is just premature ejaculation. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Pretty cool to see the range of leave margin widths. Back left is a very sativa leaning expression, while the front right is wider, more indica-like.

8 Likes

Holy, 3 days in?? My plants don’t even show sex for like a week usually…those are some antsy studs lol

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s just over before it even starts… I mean so I hear :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

I can’t put a finger on the smell of my #6 kinda spicy fuel smell maybe? What do they smell like to you? Was hoping someone had a better sniffer than I do.

4 Likes

I usually get pine, lemon or both. But there could definitely be more in these F2s. I’ll let you know when I get far enough to tell!

5 Likes

That is nice. I haven’t seen anything with that much sativa in it yet. Nice that there is the variance :wink:

What do you use for lighting? They look pale.

1 Like

I use 3000K LED panels similar to quantum boards. They could be a little on the pale side. But they do look more pale in the picture than IRL.

3 Likes

Hey bro! Damn, u got nuts busting in a few days already WTF? wow thats strange. Thats damn quick.
U still have like 2-3 weeks at least to go before u get enough of a flower to pollinate. Looks like an open pollination. Wont pollinating just-flowering plants stunt the buds so they stay real small? Ive never done an open pollination. im just guessing.

1 Like