Jungle Spice Dating Game

This may sound trite but maybe just take them outside one by one and try simply blasting the shit out of them with the hose? Then trying the dusting again after? If I recall your plants are pretty mobile.

1 Like

Lol, yes, mobile. Mostly too small to ā€œblastā€. Just spraying them with spinosad made three of the JS droop. Not turning up numbers with leaf inspection. Have time and energy to stay on top of it so I am confident.

4 Likes

More on pheno distinctions:
Green:

Red:

Blue:

9 Likes

Not seeing the ā€œblueā€

Blue is the name lefty gave the vial. The names represent the three Dads from which he will choose the F4 male.

LMAOā€¦yeah, i remembered that about the time I read this post you just made, lol.

1 Like

Sprayed with citrus (Dead Skull) today. Took 10 leaves under microscope.
I found two of these. The other was dead. No thrips.
20200316_172351

Maybe I should bag the cannabis grow and start a menagerie.

2 Likes

Oh hell, what is that? A spider mite?

1 Like

Watch you mouth, young lady. LOL :joy:. Thatā€™s, that with the name that shall not be spoken. Only at a low whisper.

2 Likes

Whoā€™s to say itā€™s not beneficial? I will continue IPM and remain vigilant.

1 Like

One thrips tried to make a break for it across the towel. Smushed. All the leaf samples (most damaged leaf was taken) were OK under microscope.

6 Likes

Have I mentioned how much I hate these bags? You canā€™t lift them with one hand. You canā€™t bottom feed. They have a very specific shape that they want to keep but itā€™s not a regular shape.

7 Likes

So many people have told me I should get away from my old standard nursery pots and switch to a soft sided bag. I donā€™t like them either for those same reasons. Old and slightly resistant to change I guess! One Loveā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Heā€™s using something else @oleskool830. The felt type soft pots with the handles are the bomb! Self-pruning and they automatically leach any salts outta the bags! Really nice actually! Worth at least trying 1 out. lol

4 Likes

I imagine bottom feeding with felt is a breeze. The lifting would still be a pain. I hand water and because of these bags I have to bring each plant front and center before I can water.

Gives me a minute to commune with them so ā€œhateā€ may be strongā€¦ Also single use plastic sucks.

2 Likes

I bought wood plant rollers at the 99 cent store. Super convenient. Bad shoulder here

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna get me some and take em on a spin around the block and see. I grow in airpots occasionally. The plants have a shit ton of roots but donā€™t seem to yield any more fruit. I consider advice from you to be golden so Iā€™m gonna try it. They are cheap too! Nuttnā€™ but loveā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

At least try on 1 plant. That much change wonā€™t kill ya! lol

1 Like

Need to watch them cloth bags there designed to set and leave, handles or not.
Too much lifting on those will compact the medium which allows roots to be damaged, actually broken.
Just picking up pots and sitting them down compacts also but not as bad as cloth. Sometimes you can pick them up and can see the medium crack.

4 Likes

I smoked a bong hit of a male JS (Blue dad).
Was almost all leaves but I made sure to get some flower/pollen in the bowl. Did not have signature JS smell or taste. Pretty smooth for zero cure.
Moderate high 15 minutes in. Seems to have multiple shallow crests. Comming down from them seems like coming all the way down from the high but they build again, which is an interesting sensation.

4 Likes