Jungle Spice Dating Game

That sounds like a great plan…
I’m here for the grow-show :seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

It sounds a lot like my thoughts for a seed run…

3 Likes

So, does this mean I need to repot? Or maybe just water more.

1 Like

I like to start my beans in half full pots.
If they start to get leggy like that, you can backfill the stem.
Maybe lower your lights more also.

6 Likes

Cool. Lights are right over humidity dome. I am seeing the roots coming out the bottoms of some of the older seedling cups. They found the water in the tray.

3 Likes

Yea roots only come out if they find water. Something was trapping water underneath most likely. They are fine in those pots for a while yet.

4 Likes

Usually they are fine until the leaves span the entire length of the pot. Stronger or closer lights are needed, hence the legginess

3 Likes

what temp is your set up?

1 Like

78.6°
80 rh in here.

73.2°
53 rh out here.

11 Likes

75rh
78.8°

Mr Blue - 9 - very consistent. 201 and 202 are tallest

Mr Red - 7 (a couple peeking out) - 201 has curved and blunt leaf. 203 has slight leaf tip burn

Mr Green - 9 - Mixed bag. Sizes and heights vary. 203 had a long curling stem and 302 had above ground root loop.

13 Likes

76°
57 rh

Mr Blue

Mr Red

Mr Green (note: swapped top and bottom rows to get more light on new sprouts.

9 Likes

As soon as these last babies show multi-petal leaves I will take off the dome.

Been fanning them for a minute or two each day. Anybody have low stress hardening tricks?

You can just shake the stems, it’s like wind, but I doubt you have to harden then off just opening the dome. Regardless, leave the dome open for a couple hours a day instead of just a few mins

3 Likes

A lot of those babies are ready for transplants. The ones where the leaves span the entire pot.

1 Like

Yeah, some of the roots are snaking out the bottoms as well. We’re holding off for the 1st “cull”*.

*Scare quotes because the healthy ones that don’t make the cut will be put into Solos and given to friends.

1 Like

How can you cull them if you don’t know the sex? Aren’t you on a male hunt?

1 Like

Every time I take the dome off this gal for more than a few minutes she starts to droop.

6 Likes

Not a male-hunt, a male-test. We have seedlings from three dads, all brought to one mom. We are examining the Dads’ genetic make-up by comparing the progeny.

5 Likes

Take the dome off and lightly shake the stem, sorta like a breeze, then start with 2 hours then tmw 3 hours etc… They’ll adapt.

2 Likes

That said, I should probably sex them before foisting them off on friends.

1 Like

I would imagine they would appreciate that

3 Likes