JustANobody's Neck Beard Basement Grow

Do you do this to your mothers? Do you put them back into the 1 gallon container again or pot up?
After a plant is vegged in a 1 gallon for a couple weeks, it’s usually rootbound…would a root chop and fresh soil + another week of veg and then flower be better then a couple weeks veg and straight into flower?

3 Likes

First time doing it. I’ve seen other people do it to mom’s and those plants have atleast 2 weeks until they get tossed into 7 gal pots for flower. So figured might as well try it now that I’m building a collection of moms. But that’s exactly what I did. Cut the roots, put down some myco, put the plants back in and gave them a good watering.

4 Likes

So you did that 2ish days ago…any ill effects on the plants? How are they today? How were they shortly after you did this?

3 Likes

They’ve been fine since I did it. I have to be honest, I’ve never had transplant shock, I’m not sure how people manage too. I also started giving the plants a foliar feed of Epsom salt during lights out, I want my plants to look as good as @jaws. So with both changes they’ve been great.

3 Likes

I might give that root chop a go sometime. Thanks for the info :+1:

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the diy auto fill thread, of youve got any interest in it.

I think these are the bees knees! I use 1 gallon fabric bags and these “octopup” setups, and I’m not going back. Every once in awhile I’ll have a just soil pot end up in the flower tents, and .just annoyed by it. Much slower, and having to hand water consistently doesn’t always work with my schedule.

It’s worth a look anyway. Compare it to DWC.

1 Like

Same here. Gh maxi nutes and bubble buckets :+1::+1::v:

2 Likes

bubble totes and bubble buckets.
Scarlet grapes 15 days from seed

6 Likes

@JustANobody if you really want to see some serious rapid growth … build a trough system like mine. I plan to build one on larger scale and lower profile for more height clearance , just gotta find the right reservoir , train wreck and white widow poppped on Oct 22 and went into the troughs on the 27th. They are currently 31 inches tall at 46 days

7 Likes

Do you have pics of the setup minus plants?

3 Likes

Yes, exactly what I was thinking.

1 Like

Yes I do. I took a bunch of pics for @TestOfOath and he built his own version. Lol , pretty simple setup, I’ll start posting pics for ya. Might take a minute because lately og throws errors if I do more than one at a time on same post lol

6 Likes

I might have seen them.

1 Like

10 Likes

General hydroponics made this system. They don’t offer it anymore, @TestOfOath made his version of this system and bought a similar setup from gorilla grow Reservoir and troughs each trough has a spray line that shoot a jet of water into the troughs and they fill and get oxygenated from the water jets , at the reservoir is a pvc tube 4 inch hole that slides up and down to control the water level. Circulates through the trough and drains back into reservoir, the pump I’m using in the pics was from Home Depot. Pond pump. The original quit after 8 years of use. lol. The pump runs 24/7 keeping the water circulating and super oxygenated , I use general hydroponics maxi series dry nute 3 part… grow bloom and kool bloom. , cal magic and armor si (silica) and usually hydro guard, I’m out and got some on order. lol.

2 Likes

That looks to be the ticket but I run a veg and flower tent, I guess I could just move the whole rail?

2 systems, and just disconnect the whole trough and swap over to other tent and as they finish and come down reload them up which would give a little down time to clean up a prep For next grow

1 Like

This system the troughs rest on the reservoir and have a pvc stand on the end to support it. Be easy enough to lower drain tubes all the way and tip trough a bit to drain them ,then disconnect the feed line and set on the other reservoir pre prepped for flower hook up water lines and fired it up.

2 Likes

Yea that’s a solid idea. I may have to try this, I have pumps that should work.

Test of oath used the decorative 4x4 fence pole covers for troughs(Home Depot ). I was thinking the 5x5 , 2 of them 7 foot long ,(1 foot overhang/ drain maintenance hole ) 6 foot grow area each side . reservoir in the center of grow area 1 trough on each side 4 plants 1-1/2 foot spacing for plants , 30 gallon reservoir, possibly use pex straight stick for feed line drill holes for the jets has to be plastic, no copper or brass no metal. Reacts with the nutes. Some 3/4 pvc fittings and pipe for manifold flex pvc hose and fittings fro the pump to manifold. Grow some monsters. Just gotta find a low profile reservoir

2 Likes