Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

Yeah, that is an awesome idea! It should be the perfect tool. You could put it up to your ear but usually you feel the seed crack when you use something. Very cool!

I just have to try this now. I may try one of these AK fatties.

2 Likes

Youā€™re going to like this . With the long nose vise grips there is about an inch where a seed can be gripped rather than having to get it right in the very tip. . The risk of going too far and hurting the embryo is much less than doing it with your teeth or by hand. Once the seed was held in place by the Jaws, one tiny little turn of the thumb screw and the seed popped just like that. I donā€™t know why I was expecting some resistance LOL. I would say go easy. I was expecting to have to crank it a few times. Not the case. @Donnie look up above.

4 Likes

Ah, I see now, Mine are the regular fat jaws that only has a small flat spot. Iā€™ll look for a pair of those. I have a Wallymart near so I shouldnā€™t even have to go to town. Thanks!

Oh, how are the Malana for sprouting? Should they need any help? Getting close.

2 Likes

I was going to go with a 1" micrometer. Adding epoxy blobs to the anvil & spindle and shaping them into pockets.

Naw, this is better! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

The Malana i germed for a tester were put on my woodstove mantel, so Iā€™d say that was similar to a heat pad. They popped and grew faster than anything Iā€™ve ever seen.

3 Likes

6 Azad up and doing good so far .

13 Likes

Azad Kashmir

When they were just a week old they all had color in the center/new growth. That second pic sort of shows it. Whenever I have plants do that they always seem to have nice colors at harvest. The color is starting to fade now.

15 Likes

Yours are really starting to take off looking good .

4 Likes

Plants are in week 4 of flower, and seeds developing all over the place.

14 Likes

28 Likes

I know most breeders want to cherry pick reviews of their work, to control the narrative and public perception. Iā€™m no different, except I donā€™t really care so much about whatā€™s good about the line.

I want to know whatā€™s the worst aspects, and which traits you all would hope to never reencounter. If you find flimsy stems, or a lack of essential oils or trichomes, or if the plants just grow slowly compared to what youā€™re used to. The absolute worst case scenario for this thread is anyone afraid to voice a negative opinion.

19 Likes

That is how LED wanted it for the one I did for them. Unlike another that pmā€™ed me because I posted they had hermed and it was my fault. That is one reason I need to get what I did wrong first. I donā€™t know it the R/O water was worth it.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Yeah, I feel you G-paS. I hate germinating seeds, and holding newborn babies. Lol
Iā€™m far too clumsy for delicate procedures. Canā€™t imagine being a surgeon.

5 Likes

Worked like a charm!

12 Likes

And now you have a nice pair of vice-grips if you need em.

1 Like

I was going to order one of those seed crackers until @Chronickyle told me of the vice grip trick. And I actually did need a new pair of vice grips for work, so itā€™ll work double for mešŸ˜.

5 Likes

Random update. Was hoping using a white background would make for better pictures, and I was mistaken.

28 Likes

Weā€™re more interested in the green foreground anyway.

3 Likes

Yeah that looks like shit Diggyā€¦ want me to drive over to Mass and grab it from you LOL?
In all serious, beautiful plant. I sure like the structure of these Kashmir. I wish the weather would hurry up and get warm here in New York. Been in the 40s this week. Iā€™m anxious to get some of these in the ground

8 Likes

Looks great, bro. I suppose topping is preferred? I canā€™t remember how tall they get normally.

My four are responding to their new pot finally. The run in with the intense sun here is behind them now. Eh, we lost a leaf or two and a couple are half burned but Itā€™ll only be a memory in a week.

Iā€™m looking forward to this. peace

5 Likes