Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

I wouldn’t even want 40% lol

8 Likes

Cheating is absolutely possible. Lab farming for the highest results, adulterating your samples with extra thc. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

A lot of those higher potency lines are wack, too, tho. Bred for high THC numbers and nothing else. Roll up a gram of a nice 25% bud and it has damn near the same thc as a .7g at 40%

The 25% probably smells better, yields better, and might even be a more enjoyable experience all around.

10 Likes

I just think of my sssdh. It’s only supposed to hit like 14%, but it hits you as hard as ones I grow over 20%. It’s definitely not all THC that does the trick.

11 Likes

Hell yeah, exactly. I have these two buds right now that a friend grew, a Durban and an SFV OG. And even tho the SFV tested higher on paper, I consider the durban to be exactly as potent, and a better experience overall.

I consistently choose it to smoke over the SFV

12 Likes

Personally, I consider the Pinnacle of pot potency to be in the 18 to 25% range. For Me, Above 25% and weed loses potency. I found it a boring, average high in nearly every case. And a short high duration too. 15 minutes of panic attack, followed by a 30 to 45 minute buzz. There almost seems to be a correlation with THC percent and high duration, with the higher the percentage of THC, the lower the duration of the high, after a certain point, with exceptions of course. And admittedly, my experiences with very high THC strains are limited as well, to only maybe half a dozen. There has to be some other cannabinoid in cannabis that’s responsible for the duration of the high. This cannabinoid gets bred out in the Quest for hi-thc imo.
So these seeds that you have passed out, they are at F4? The Oedipus line is the one I have going. Any particular phenotypes I should be looking for?

The highest THC percentage for Durban that I have seen is 14%. Must be lots of other goodies wrapped up in that cannabinoid profile besides THC! SFV OG is good smoke, too. My favorite out west.

11 Likes

Well shes shaping up perfect. The pictures dont justify how big she really is my camera is trash xD. @Worcestershire_Farms could back me up that there awesome XD.

Another month or so and They will be flowering.
Cheers everyone!
I’ll update the other one when she starts to turn upwards xD

15 Likes

Indeed. Other cannabinoids concentrations like CBD, CBG, CBC and various different blends of terpenes, flavonoids and esters are what really make the strain and promote more beneficial properties from specific strains. Its too bad that years of prohibition and bad grow practices have lead to mass breeding/growing for THC levels only.

6 Likes

I’d also take a look at the labs. They have an incentive to fudge the numbers, if for no other reason than you’ll continue to take your weed to the lab that you get the “best” results from (in this case, super-high thc). Although I think most of it has to do with “breeders” selecting strictly for highest thc percentages, it wouldn’t surprise me if the labs doing the testing had something to do with the (to me, not believable) insane increase in thc percentages in the last few years.

The whole “high thc” thing is just stupid to me. Everybody here knows about the entourage effect; there’s more to it than simply how much thc your weed contains. And although I’ve never smoked any of the old Panama Red or Colombian Gold or any of those Classic Strains, by all accounts they were some of the best weed ever. I’m pretty sure those wouldn’t have tested at 30% thc. Even DJ Short said in an interview (I think it was in the profile that Grantland did) that his favorite strains from the 70’s/80’s tested at 8%.

Although I have always wondered where he was getting weed tested in the 70’s and 80’s… haha. That wasn’t exactly the Golden Era of freely being able to get your herb lab-tested. Maybe he had a chemist friend who could test it at home, I dunno.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily call it “bad grow practices.” Blame the dispensaries for pushing the idea that higher thc levels equals “better” weed. Or blame the consumers themselves for being so ignorant that they’re not even able to tell that,”Hey, this 32% Girl Scout Cookies that I’m smoking kind of sucks…” Or maybe they’re just unwilling to accept the fact that they’re getting duped, I dunno. But if consumers only want to buy weed with insanely high thc percentages and dispensaries have to satisfy that demand, then I’d say it’s actually “good grow practices” to grow only those strains that people wanna buy. I mean, if you’re trying to make a living growing. I’m not, so I really don’t care about that shit.

I got an eighth of some of that Ghost Train Haze years ago, when it first came out and was the “Strongest Strain on Earth.” It sucked. There was nothing to it. I was baked, sure, but not any more baked than any of the other stuff I was blazing. And the high was just whatever. Nothing interesting going on there at all. Which is funny, because I’ve grown a couple of Rare Dankness’ “Sativa” crosses the last few grows, their Midas and their Moonshine Haze (both of which used the same dad as the Ghost Train) and both have been really good. I have no idea what the thc percentages are, though. And I don’t care haha!

6 Likes

Yup, @minitiger . Too True.
Lower THC hardly means anything.
A while back, I bought an 1/8oz of Sour Tsunami for my wife, to see if the high CDB would help her.
It listed as 6% THC and 6% CBD, so a decent 1:1 strain, but still very low in THC.

That weed knocked me on my butt.

9 Likes

I have that on my list to buy for the same reason.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Azad’s doing good getting there stretch on .

21 Likes

23 Likes

Damn, those fan leaves are huge. @Upstate’s look thge same. I may put one of mine into the dirt real fast. They do ok in the felt pots but you can tell they want more root space.

5 Likes

Couple shots to try and show the bud structure.

28 Likes

Another week or so past and jesus. Seen some of their first hairs today cant wait !
Cheers
p.s. theres a mac v2 in the 5 gal bucket

17 Likes

Looking good! When did you harvest last year? October 7th or 10th thereabouts? You say you are starting to see some hairs now? The end of my season outdoor is October 15th, and plants would go through Frost just to reach this date. I’m wondering if I should be forcing the plants for a week or two. They began flowering in mid August last year? Early August?
@Worcestershire_Farms I can’t wait to see some flowers like that on my plants😁. I’ve had Kashmir dreams for well over a year. Is there a particular phenotype that is your favorite?

8 Likes

Yeah, those buds are all over that plant. Nice. I’m thinking of putting one of my three into the ground and see. I almost want to bring one into the lights to get started, too, lol… Yours looks great Diggy! peace

6 Likes

I have nothing major to to report yet, but wanted to keep my word on two/multiple posts a month.

My 21 Kashmir left are about 20 days old. I’ve been battling issues in the flower tents as well as harvests, so these Kasmirs have been relatively self sufficient. One thing I can say is that they seem hungrier for N.

As you can see, one has that variegated pattern forming. Two seem to be displaying heat-stress… but I can’t help but wonder if it’s just a hot-spot, because they’re next to each other. And lastly, one seems to be showing off some coloring early (?) Nice but weird. Anyways…. Soon enough I’ll be potting these up and showing off something more interesting.

15 Likes

They are doing what’s called Praying for Magnesium. A quick epsom foliar should clear that upward leaf curl and spotting, A cal/mag drench will help as well.

10 Likes