Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

So far for me the three female I have going could care less if it’s
90º and blazing higher elevation sun, or rainy and low 50’s and highs around 62º. They are bushy and beautiful. I wish I had put one in the ground, and may still. I kept one in a 3 gal felt pot but it could already use much larger root space. The other two are in 5 gal felt pots but they seem to want to have a lot more. Really cool plants, imo.

5 Likes

Good to know thanks!
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

So, I did some pruning and supercropping on her today and was able to get a really good look at her. Seems when topping I accidentally FIM’d her. Then 2 of her top shoots got eaten by a caterpillar before the bug net, effectively turning her into a cannabis bush instead of a tree. :sweat_smile: Gonna be interesting to see how she ends up, but I’m thinking an octopus. Here she is looking naked as I really thinned her out for air flow. She’s a really dark green, already has the thickest main stem of the plants 3 times her height. She also has major purple stems. I know she has zero deficiencies in my super soil, so I’m assuming genetic. Very pretty plant so far. Can’t make out her smells yet. So far just a general weed smell. Hope everyone is having fun with their summer grows!

Forgive any wonky drooping branches due to supercropping. They will be back to normal by tmw.

17 Likes

I pretty much did the same thing I pulled all my branches down.

(upload://y9RxLESkjfQ3AXzc4Oj5eHhRfy9.jpeg)
And she bounced right back
all kashmir the one in the shed is a male an female. This rain this week sucks xD

15 Likes

Got 3/4 sitting in 3 gallon pots for a month now, under some crappy blurples. They’re looking fat and happy waiting for me to clean up some flower areas for them.

A.K. 2; appears to be showing male pre-flowers

A.K. 3

A.K. 4

17 Likes

Plants look real good. And your plant labels are so detailed haha, I love it!

5 Likes

@StevieG I actually snapped all the branches from the inside to direct energy towards the top of my plant.

6 Likes

I put flower/harvest dates on the opposite side. Then when done, they go into a bath of iso for a few days, cleaned, re-used.

6 Likes

Mother Kashmir at the end of stretch, just switching over to flower production. Little water stressed, but otherwise happy.

27 Likes

Can’t wait till mine start budding looking good

7 Likes

Couple that weren’t quite big enough to make it over to the tin box . Vigorous growth great node spacing looking forward to this strain .

23 Likes

This plant smells fkn amazing! I’m going to like the smoke, I can already tell. It’s just stem rubs for now, but it has a really pleasant funky spice to it and a slight burnt rubber smell. Haven’t got a complete handle on it yet. Found another caterpillar on her, despite the enclosure. Loving this bushy girl so far though. Even though I accidentally turned her into a bush, she’s really a beauty.

22 Likes

Smoke report:

The Kashmir has been in the jars for a little over 2 weeks.
It still has a strong smell. Spice with a bit of burnt rubber.
It is a very smooth smoke. Almost sweet and not at all harsh. Smoothest I’ve had in a very long time.
The high is very clear and alert.
Potency is good. I’d say it’s at the upper end of medium strength weed.

This one is a keeper!

22 Likes

It’s an heirloom, unworked outside of Kashmir. Lotta places consider it bad manners to smoke hash before it’s had time to age, and likewise they don’t breed for strictly the highest THC percentage they can hit. That’s purely an american endeavor.

If you wanted to turn an heirloom line into a 30% THC varietal, outcrossing isn’t necessary; you can do it with any strain, by breeding only with the higher potency plants in the batch. If you feel the females you picked were medium strength, it means you picked the wrong females, and that I likely picked the wrong male. I’ll have more seeds available soon, so if you wanted to search for better moms than the ones you chose, shoot me a PM.

16 Likes

Oh! I don’t mean “upper end of medium” as a negative. I don’t at all consider it a low-potency weed.
In fact, last night I smoked several bowls more than normal… and it was a really long, spacey, awesome ride until I fell asleep.

For clarification, this is how I personally rate/ballpark things, and I’m a bit of a lightweight… and basing it on strains I’m familiar with.

• low potency = old school Blueberry (10-15% thc)
  • medium potency = white widow, chemdawg, most hazes (15-25% thc)
  • high potency = gorilla glue, golden goat (26%+)

I think the Kashmir feels at the upper end of my medium range. I’d say it’s noticeably more potent than white widow.

So, I have zero complaints about potency. But, the smoothness of the smoke, and it’s spicy smell really puts this in the number 1 choice to reach for, out of the other 6 strains I currently have in jars.

16 Likes

Let me try to explain better.

What I’m saying is the potency of the plant you grew won’t really apply to the siblings and cousins and what not. Because heirloom lines tend to have a lot of inherent variability in their cannabinoid profiles.

The farmers are using large numbers of plants, and they specifically don’t select for high-thc, so it’s possible to find individuals in heirlooms lines that are high in cannabinoids, but low in THC. If you’re making a farms worth of hash, you’re going to keep the seeds from mother’s who produce a ton of trichome, just because the mother is immaculate, without ever knowing if she’s high or low in thc.

If you wanted to create a batch of consistent 30% thc plants, you just have to select for it. No outcrossing necessary. The catch is I don’t know the cannabinoid ratios the father produces. He might not be the right male to guide the line towards high thc production. Hence this thread.

That’s why I’m saying you can probably select for a higher thc female, too. Your parents were only 4 generations out of the wild, so they still hold most of that inherent variability.

19 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms do you know if backcrossing to the male with the most preferable cannabinoid profile, verified and chosen through testing of the progeny, would increase those percentages further? If so, is there a plateau/threshold where those numbers stabilize after so many backcrosses?

5 Likes

Yup.

If you believe the lab tests, there are people pushing 40% cannabinoids. Backcrossing isn’t really necessary, tho.

Really large populations to search through is the way to rapidly increase potency.

15 Likes

Thanks bro, that’s what I was thinking. Sifting through large populations for the best candidates would be the best way imo. I appreciate it :pray:

7 Likes

I personally call BS on that. 40% is a pipe dream.

6 Likes