Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

Agreed, very generous @firehead . Here are some of my 36 day from soak Azad Kashmir
First photo they are the two at the sides and the 2 at the top.

18 Likes

Ok,
@Astrodude
@Cbizzle
@Herbie
@Cormoran

Shoot me a pm with an address and I will get the Kashmir beans to you.

Still one pack available, Iā€™d someone wants to grab it before I head to post office

7 Likes

I have been trying to get some Azad Kashmir for a bit now, anyone have any left they would be willing to trade?

2 Likes

Dibs dibs dibs :pray::it:

Rcvd good sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar! Very excited for these. Many thanks.

2 Likes

Reporting here for a grow report for Kashmir.
This was probably the most difficult season I can recall for growing in New York state. We had over 30 inches of rain between June and October. I donā€™t think we had a five-day stretch of dry weather all summer.
I have an area that I use for early-season growing, and I move plants from this area when I start to lose the Sun in late August. Unfortunately the Kashmir decided to root themselves into the ground through the bottom of the container and they were so thoroughly embedded in the ground I decided I better not dig them upā€¦
So these Kzshmir plants were getting beaten by rain, and they were in an area that gave no more than three or four hours of sunshine each day for the flowering cycle. They were nearly always wet. Despite the poor growing conditions, all the plants grew to about 5 ft tall and did not seem too overly stretch for the Sun. The leaves did get some septoria, but not terrible, and for the most part not till very late in the flowering cycle.
The buds held up very well to the incessant pounding of the rain, and the resin held up as well as the buds, an important detail. All the plants had similar shapes and an upright growth pattern. Smells came on late with this variety, with some plants only getting a smell after the Harvest. A couple of the plants were very pungent early on and ended up being the best of the bunch.
Flowering started extremely late with these. No flower production until after the 1st of September in most cases. This is the reason I didnā€™t move the plants. Honestly, I didnā€™t think they would finish. (Happily I was proven wrongšŸ˜. )Concentrating on tropical sativas lately, I forgot how fast plants can flower! All the plants were finished by October 15th. Iā€™ve never seen anything so fast. My normal cut off is August 15th. If plants have not begun floral production by this time, they typically will not finish in my area. By floral production I mean actual flowers being formed, not the pre flowering stretchā€¦
Plants withstood two mild frosts no problem. All in all this was a very easy variety to grow. The type you can put out in the bush and leave them. I will certainly be growing them again, only next time in the ground. Great job @Worcestershire_Farms! Buds are jarred and awaiting a cure before giving a smoke report.

22 Likes

Well, the first thing I wanna say, is thanks for identifying the culprit of my weird summer. I figured it was a fungus/blight. That shit is BAD! If you donā€™t pull all signs of it, it just motors on and sucks the life out of a plant.

Youā€™re right about the roots. They filled my pots up way too fast. I would grow them in the ground next time. Mine started making seeds by middle of summer I think. All 3 plants looked mostly the same. Since mine went into seed producing phase, and stayed there after a second male hit them, they never got a smell. Maybe a little at one point but otherwise blank. I think they just got into making seeds so early that they never developed much else.

But, youā€™re right, theyā€™re bomb proof plants, otherwise. I was getting that blight on almost every plant that was in a pot, but those three AK only barely ever showed it until the end. I was impressed by the ones I saw others growing, especially in the ground.

I have a lot of seeds that I need to shuck now. Should be Kashmir early, and Malana after. I figure the darkest seeds, lowest on the buds, are from AK, and the lighter, less mature seeds are Malana. My Malana female got the same treatment. Iā€™m letting a few seeds, that fell out of the buds, sprout naturally in the pots so I can see what they look like. A part of me wants to think I may have gotten foreign pollen. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m just being paranoid.

8 Likes

There should be a different look to the seeds aside from maturity, which in this case will help separate things. Malana seeds are smaller than kashmir. Hybrid seed may have stripes on it while both pure Kashmir and pure Malana do not. Check and see if the more mature seed has no stripes( kashmir)
Editā€¦i was going to erase this message after looking at the landrace team photo of Kashmir seeds because i see stripes. My outdoor kashmir seed has none. Maybe due to rain? At any rate I will give you a good picture of side by side Malana and Kashmir seed. Maybe you will see something that helps you separate your seeds that are neither fully mature nor immature.

Yeah that Septoria was bad this summer. I kept up with it at first, pulling off effected fan leaves, but eventually it came down to whether a plant had some immunity to it or or not. Most of Worcestershire Farms Kashmir was resistant. One plant was immuneā€¦ Luckily the few seeds I was able to make all came from the 3
plants that were most resistant. (Some Sudan plants were so bad I gave up on them.)
I forgot to mention Hemp Flea Beatles. Two Kashmir were absolutely hammered by them to the point that I gave up on them. The rest were resistant. The two plants i gave up on were put in my garden in one gallon pots next to my potatoes to die slowly. ( i have no heart for such business) Well, they rooted into the ground and became resistant to the beatles. No more attacks. The problem was that these two plants now had access to my garden soil in unlimited quantities. I kept them there right in the middle of my Garden until they were about six feet tall, and nearly as wide. At that point a sheriff drove past my house going around 10 mph, staring at my garden. I had to pull them both unfortunately.

13 Likes

Shite! Reminds me of two years ago when I was out in my patch and somebody flies real low and slow directly over as I was out watering. Then they proceeded to take two more passes while I crouched in the bushes. I ripped all but my three best plants at that point. Sounds like we need some more favorable laws already. That stress just isnā€™t necessary.

7 Likes

For the first time ever I had no paranoia this year. Until that Sheriff drove by my house lol. I guarantee you that produced a couple more white hairs on my head! Nothing like what Choppers have done to me thoughšŸ˜. My heart skips a beat every time I hear one no matter where I am

9 Likes

100%. I had minimal worry until the aerial traffic started up. It pushed me indoor and I still havenā€™t returned to outdoor. Maybe I can just wait out these archaic lawsā€¦.maybe.

5 Likes

The weight that is lifted knowing my 29 plant grow is totally legal is immeasurable. The Canadian medical cannabis government bullshit isnā€™t fun but way better than what you guys describe.

8 Likes

Their pic comes from the same batch of seeds as all of yallsā€™ plants, too. :sweat_smile: Deerskin-Tan seeds with Brownstone markings.

This is a pic of the current crop, under two different lightings.

23 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms

Iā€™d love to be a part of this if still available? Have a ton of free space for indoor cultivation here in Alaskaā€¦

Thanks

Brian(Alaskagrown)

5 Likes

I figured. The only difference being that the seeds were produced indoors instead of outdoors. Must be the rain.

3 Likes

Lol. My apologies, Iā€™m a braggart.

Do your seeds have any speckles, or spots, or markings of any sort? Thatā€™s wicked cool if theyā€™re just pure chocolate like Iā€™m imagining. Iā€™d be super interested to find out what exactly differentiates the seeds colors and designs. My best guess is the markings match up to some vascular structure in the bract.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll look harder but I think they are speckle free. Iā€™ll check with a magnifying glass later. The only difference i can think of is outdoor/rain/wind jostling around the seeds, but Iā€™ve grown plants that produce striped seed in the past, shitty weather includedā€¦must be something else. Perhaps itā€™s just this particular population on its way to being an ibl. Anyone else make Kashmir seed? Outdoors?

3 Likes

You know what, now that you mention it the plants that this dude @StevieG ran last year might have been the parents of your plants. Two generations outdoors in NE could be bringing out their natural phenotypes.

7 Likes

So, hereā€™s my completely revegged Kashmirs after (I didnt keep track) XX weeks.

1. The male that I revegged a whileā€¦ didntā€™t throw pistils, didnā€™t autoflower when rootbound/stressed. A few variegated leaves that showed up after reveg. But overall no issues. Gonna let him be a papa to make some extra seeds to sift through

1. By far the smelliest STILL. Deep sour notes. The slowest to reveg however. Thereā€™s a couple variegated leaves but whatever.

2. The most vigorous one, especially after reveg.

3. Was may favorite during the grow. She held onto her fans, more upright structure, beautiful Narrow leaves, was frosty and one of the terpy ones

4. Again, one of the terpiest ones for sure! As I shake it a bit and take some of the dying interior leaves out, this one fills the room

Iā€™m gonna pot these up, feed some alfalfa meal to hopefully promote some stretch, then take clones.

17 Likes

Thanks Brother

14 Likes