Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

Kashmir Update Day 19

Blueberry Auto Male’s pulled out…really needing the room! Lol :open_mouth:

The plants are growing rapidly and requiring nutrients every day now…desperately needing to be transplanted into larger pots! Fear not…they arrive tomorrow…just in time!!

One of the Kashmir(can see in the pics)was ultra dry and wilting badly…must have not been fed as much as the others! Gave her a little extra today.

I’m gonna say in two weeks time these will get the lights turned back…we’ll see how they progress! :sunglasses:

Alaskagrown

25 Likes

Killer grow to show, learning here!

3 Likes

Beth, still the smallest.
Double serrations on the male;

Macy; he needs a new name. Lol
This last one is still the tallest. Tracy

Plus I got that Christmas Kashmir seedling! I need to hit the thesaurus for words adjacent to miraculous. It wasn’t a miracle that she survived, but sheer force of will that allowed her to, not only germinate in literal freezing rain, but to survive the explant and transportation, too!?

22 Likes

Wait is this the one seedling found in a stump during the winter !?

4 Likes

@Rabeats2093 Hell yeah. This dude @StevieG dug it out and kept it indoors until we had a day above freezing, before dropping it off. I didn’t want to post a pic of her until I was sure she wouldn’t die lmao

12 Likes

No way that’s flucking awesome I remember seeing the og post !

3 Likes

A true testament to the hardiness of the Kashmir seed line!

So far I’ve seen nothing but strong plants!! Even the little runt I have has come into “her” own…

Thanks again @Worcestershire_Farms and @firehead for allowing me the opportunity to grow some of these wonderful genetics out!

Much love and respect!! :raised_hands: :heart:

Alaskagrown

11 Likes

That tree-stump Kashmir seedling is one of the coolest stories of the year. :sunglasses: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Love the updates and pictures. The structure on these lines plants is amazing!

1 Like

That could have been a cover for some fruit. Naked and High?

1 Like

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Lil Kashmir action

Then we have a picture of the Christmas seedling that was in the stump!

there’s 100% more seeds to come. An @Alaskagrown hows the plants been?
Cheers

14 Likes

that boy’s dusty! very nice. and glad to see that little stumpling living its best life :v:

5 Likes

Can I share this long tangent of a diary entry with y’all, since I am using the kashmirs as my muse?

So this whole “seed – making” thing is new to me. Like most of us, I cashcropped for various reasons. With that being said, “making selections“ wasn’t a priority for me because I would just pop seeds and keep the best ones. It wasn’t until all the weed podcasts started popping up, and me coming online, did I even realize the importance of making selections. Which probably explains why I enjoyed open pollination so much haha

tldr — here’s what I’m learning (specifically about the kashmirs)

1. Plant vigor is super important. Arguably more important than most other traits.

When popping from seed, everything typically looks about the same growth-wise. Suuurrree there’s some runts here n there. But everything‘s basically on par.

However, probably my favorite kashmir (best flower/terps) Has been a pain in the ass in the vigor-department since flower — it was the slowest flowering, slowest to reveg, inconsistent with rooting on clones, the surviving clones are slow veggers, and I even tried re-flowering the original “mom“ and she is basically at a standstill, still. While all her sisters are in full swing.

I can’t imagine inbreeding with her is going to improve these qualities… But I don’t know, comments?

1. With these Kashmirs specifically, I’m noticing some are extremely drought tolerant, while the others can barely bounce back after a short dry spell. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don’t know how your selection process is, but if I do filial breed seeds with these, I am only choosing the drought tolerant ones.

1. I ended up selecting one male after all the “testing” I talked about in earlier posts… But it seems to me that he is NOT a drought-tolerant phenotype. Which sucks, so that idea may be scrapped.

2. Last round I grew in Coco, this time around I’m growing in soil… And goddamn are they healthier and happier. Not that I’m trying to make this into a soil versus [fill in the blank] debate.

23 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts my dude, breeding seems to be very much in the details, and I appreciate you working through the details you’ve been considering, here for the community.

10 Likes

if you make a filial breeding w the selected male and female, possibly you can find outliers in the population. If youre making selections from large populations then it seems likely with a discernment you could spend a couple generations and steer them in the desired direction. Slight improvements over time seems like a possibly attainable goal

4 Likes

If you haven’t found your keeper yet, grow seeds from your contender and see if you can find something more vigorous. Potency often declines with increasing vigor but you don’t want to start a future ibl with a plant lacking any vigor so early in the breeding project.

I hadn’t noticed, but I will pay attention next time i grow them now that you mention it. This is probably the “Indica” and “Sativa” phenos showing themselves. Some phenos do well in a dry year, and some do better in a wet one. Does the high change with drought tolerant plants vs. the intolerant ones?

7 Likes

I think the Christmas snowy stump Kashmir needs its own Instagram page! :joy:
Please keep posting updates on this plant. It’s my favorite!

6 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms take a pic of the kash!, post it lol! I seen it the other day irl. Looks good!
Cheers

4 Likes

So the Christmas Kashmir is a male; He had four perfectly even branches, about a week ago.

When a fat little cat decided “4 branches is much too many, for such a small plant to maintain” — so now there are only 3.

17 Likes

I always wait for a good cure and lots of smoking before I give a good smoke report. I grew 2 different Kashmirs last summer. Worcestershire Farms version( WFV) and Generic seeds version( GSV).
The WFV was the better choice for my humid climate. You can tell the Sativa Phenos have been selected and bred for. The high is on the Sativa spectrum, with one plant in particular having a massive head high, very enjoyable. The plants had 4-6 hours sun each day during the growing season. Not much at all, but more than they got during flowering, seeing maybe 4 hours sun during the few sunny days we had. I intended to move the plants to a sunnier location, but they were rooted into the ground through the cloth pots by early September. Truthfully, by the end of August there was no sign of flowering ( mid August has been my cutoff for 30 years) with these plants and I gave up the Idea that i would get anything to smoke, so the plants were neglected and left to their dark existence… 6 weeks later i was harvesting! Unbelievable to watch after growing long flowering Sativas! Tough plants!
There was little smell to be found during growth, a great trait for guerrillas, but plenty of smells after the drying room. Worcestershire Farms gives a much better description of the smells and flavors than i ever could so I’ll add nothing here, except to say that the smoke was tasty and potent, though not grown to its full potential by a long shot. The mold resistance was very good, though i did have some botrytis…keeping in mind that the plants were almost always wet for the last 6 weeks of flower due to rain, dew, and lack of sunshine. Overall a great landrace and great selections. This year they will get better treatment. Thanks Worcestershire Farms for this gem!

16 Likes