Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

You mean grow a batch of small seeds next to a batch of large seeds to see if the plants segregate, likewise? I haven’t, but that might yield some real interesting data.

11 Likes

Throwing them all into flower for a hundred hours in hopes of catching some early preflowers. Then back in veg for a week, and probably another four days of flower to help segregate some more.

As many males as reasonable will be flowered out and their pollen mixed 1:1:1:…1 and they will collectively impregnate every single female.

Had originally started a little over a hundred plants, and given out a couple dozen already. The large cups were supposed to be picked up weeks ago — and then they were supposed to be picked up today…. Starting to think my buddy’s bullshittin, and never going to pick em up lmfao.

21 Likes

Loaded up.

4 Likes

everybody wants a plant till its time to come pick em up. actually had a buddy ask me after a bunch of calls “can you just flower it for me and ill grab it when its ready to chop?”

19 Likes

Ha! @LegsMahoney That’s rich!

5 Likes

i think i responded with something like “sure, why dont i trim it and smoke it for you too?”

14 Likes

You try and make it as low barrier as possible and you still hear this. I’ve had the same frustration. Donated a friend a tent, grow bags, light, seeds, clones. Still nothing months later.

4 Likes

Over time I’ve found that if the barrier is to low their is no respect or appreciation for what’s been given.

3 Likes

Is the kashmir still available or should I go over to the seed trading thread?

5 Likes

Somebody give this guy a barrier!

Ok, ok, couldn’t resist. I’m not the guy but as a somewhat long-time reader here I’ll say this:
Those who are pure of heart usually find what they seek.

Plus it looks like there’s a boonch of seeds out there!

4 Likes

Yeah I just left myself wide open for that😂

4 Likes

There are (at least) 5 different batches of seeds from as many different gardeners in this run, so these plants should contain a greater variety of alleles than any of the previous batches I passed out. If we were working with a hybrid that’d be a negative. But in this case I’m hoping that because the selections were all done in isolation, that the average of our choices will help the line drift more towards a natural selection than I as an individual would have accomplished. Hence the large open-population — not to be confused with a random-pollination, that would happen if you just let nature take over and the first males to flower father all of the children. I know I didn’t answer your question but I get a ton of people asking the exact same question and I’m worried that the majority don’t actually read any of this. Lmfao

19 Likes

Lol :joy: that is a very real possibility. I’ve read parts of this thread and others. I read and saw enough that I’m interested in finding some. Do you explain more in the thread about the indoor and outdoor? Or where I could find that out.

5 Likes

@Emeraldgreen
Send me a PM with an address. I’ll get some Kashmir seeds to you.

8 Likes

Lovely writeup. I’m more than down to try my hand at growing some real exotic. Especially if it’s only 10-12 weeks. Sounds like an great project and I would be honored to participate

3 Likes

@Alaskagrown how are your Kashmirs doing? Any updates on those?
( yes, just begging for some plant pr0n :laughing: ) Has outdoor season even started yet up your way?

8 Likes

Hey W_F, I’m just getting to run my seed package I got from you late last year maybe.
Labeled 2020, 2021, then later on another small package came, unlabeled.
I think when I reread the post about these, it may be a pack of apple fritter x kashmir?
Anyway, I wanted to Thank You for being so very generous as I never expected to get 3 grips of beans!!
So, I’ve started some of each, 2020,2021, and unlabeled.
Something thrilling about casting unknowns into the ether for a growing surprise!!
A very humble Thank You, for this runs offerings, I just hope to do them justice.
Sincerely webe

11 Likes

@webeblzr yo good stuff that apple fritter was awesome to grow the colors were crazy.e55edbc2e45e0e0a92cfdd1b77d8402e314e733e_2_375x500 55e9905fe35476ca9a175e7bbdf2fa4fbcf6cdbb_2_375x500 1032f58d44e72fb5b96b3937ef1a8262b8aad87f_2_375x500 can’t wait to see what the cross leans more towards. I’ll be watching muahhaha. Lol
Now time to take pics of some kashmir’s
Cheers

19 Likes

WOW, I’m really excited now!! All the ones I germed popped a tail. The 2020 grip, popped a couple, and a couple stragglers.
Thanks for sharing those great pics.

2 Likes

And some Kashmir are off to the races they been in the ground since may 17th lol. I’m lazy with the pics lol.

Cheers

12 Likes