Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

Fun with Kashmir Males!

I’ve got a small clone of a really nice, tall, skinnier-leafed male with beautiful structure (front, right in photo) in the flower tent with a Lebanese Blue x Point Break female (tall one, back left)
I think it’s going to make a fun cross!

I’ve also got a more squat Kashmir male, in another tent with a big chunky Kashmir female she was the best plant in the bunch, by far.

Several (4 or 5?) plants from this round were tossed because they showed a lot of leaf variegation, and I don’t want to pass that along.

14 Likes

Few pics of the kashmir’s there starting to throw hairs fast now lol
I’m assuming there done stretching kinda hoping too lol.
There’s 6 of em 1 is doubled down.

On another note i Was wondering do I cross the kashmir’s to the starfighter. Or do I keep the kashmir’s pure . Lol half my kashmir plants to each? Oh there’s also a macv2 male too. So many options but I want to know what u guys think the correct one is lol.
Cheers

12 Likes

Looking good.

4 Likes

Been bullshitting on taking pics because there are so many, so after today I’ll start just snapping one set at a time. In the earth there are eight pairs, a set of triplets, and two quads.

Number One above is the shortest of all, and Number Two below was the tallest, for a long time. She towers over her sister.

It’s hard to tell where Number Four starts and Number Three ends. Gotta lollipop, and lightly defoliate.

Number Five below is hit a little harder by the bugs than some of her sisters. Nice open structure.

Number Six below is hard to photograph, because she’s surrounded on all sides;

Number Seven and Number Eight, too.

The triplets are the first batch under the Bitternut Hickory tree, and squirrels drop nuts on their heads all day long. It’s a miracle they haven’t taken more damage.

Then the two groups of 4 are planted in the garden bed I built back in 2017. They were the last to go in the earth and they’re individually, easily, the largest of the Kashmiri. I really like how the sets of 4 grow; it is nearly indistinguishable from one individual plant. I’m quasi-legal but helis fly overhead on the regular, so the compactness of the quads is nice.

22 Likes

This little Kashmir gal got switched to 12/12 today. No males. No pollen. Just great bud for the winter! :sunglasses:

19 Likes

This is not directly related to the Kashmir… but sort of.
This one gal is a Lebanese Blue x Point Break (high CBD) female that is currently seeded with Kashmir male pollen.
She’s not impressive, and her buds are dense but not very frosty at all :frowning:

But she has the most unique smell! Like spiced plums? Or cloves and apples maybe? No. More plum than apple… really, really cool and interesting.

Hopefully some fun offspring with real unique terps and cannabinols come out of this one

18 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms its about time. Lol. Looks great.

4 Likes

That should inject some thc into point break

6 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms Too bad your on the other side of the fence I’d pack my trimmer and come for a visit at harvest time .

5 Likes

He grows big. One might lean your way. I have seen those giants of yours.

5 Likes

Well. Looks like my Leb x PB gal is growing pollen sacks. Lots of them.

Not good. Because I know the Kashmir also carry’s a chance of hermies too. Crossing to another plant that definitely herms is recipe for disaster.

I’m debating keeping her and just tossing the seeds into my Junk Seeds can (that I throw around roadways in my state every spring) or tossing her into the compost now and quit wasting electricity on her… :frowning:

3 Likes

You’re thinking of Bodhi’s line — the seeds he gave to Generic Seeds turned out some hermies.

The branch of the family tree coming out of Argos seeds have been clean. I would have stopped running them a LONG time ago if I was having hermie trouble. I abandoned an entire line of auto flowers a year or two back for exactly that reason.

10 Likes

The triplets have stopped stretching and are starting to flower;

A Halloween harvest would be precisely 9 weeks away.

15 Likes

Looks like some healthy happy plants .

4 Likes

Thank you much, brother. Glad to hear it — been really trying.

I cut these three ‘stairs’ into the hill so the beds sit on flat ground. As a consequence only the two sets of quad-Kashmir ended up in prepped soil. The rest of the garden sits on the ‘back’ side of the bed, where the top of the earth was stripped out.

To remediate that problem I’ve been periodically covering the ground with green mulches, and feeding the soil smoothies; something like 100g of green matter per 5gal bucket of water. Preferably adulterated with a spoonful of yogurt, and the occasional large-mouth bass. You can see a bunch of leftover scales in this pic.

As long as it’s blended well, and poured in the morning on a hot summer day, it dries up so fast there is no smell. If you put a little yogurt in the fish’ water off rip it lets you butcher the fish later on without your hands stinking to high heaven. The smell of the fish smoothie is kind of sweet, in the absolute worst way imaginable. I sort of laugh, and sort of cry, the entire time I’m making it lmfao. It’s gross on a really visceral level. :rofl:

This plant in particular was high in saponins, so it turns into a bubble bath. I tried getting a species name for y’all but I took a poor quality picture of the plant in question, and Plant dot ID wasn’t sure of the correct answer.

Kashmir picture of the day:
Numbers One and Two;

You can really see the height gap here. The difference wasn’t environmental as far as I can tell — they were put together just because they were the tallest and the shortest.

16 Likes

The Kashmir gal is about 2 weeks into flower, and stacking up real nice! I think she’s gonna do great things.

17 Likes

Whew it’s been awhile got 5 gals still chugging along lol. This first pic trust me there’s 2 plants there lol they morphed together really well.

cheers

16 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes

This dude’s out here taking pics with his '97 Nokia flip phone. lmfao

4 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms but check these out!

cheers

13 Likes