Katsu and Bodhi

Never run anything by Katsu before but have read/heard good things, off to a good start!

3 Likes

All contestants entered and registered.

10 Likes

Seedlings moved from closet to 3 x 2 tent. Seedlings were dropped in collars because they were too leggy, more light now should help too.

11 Likes

Quick clarification. Sunshine #4 is Chem 4 x Sunshine Daydream. Sunshine #3 is Chem 3 x Sunshine Daydream.

Several cannabis cups have been won by a cut that was found in a pack of Sunshine #3 seeds. That cut was intentionally mislabeled as Sunshine #4 (for some unknown reason) by the person who found it.

The mislabeling has never been corrected in the cup entries, but this story has been verified by all parties involved. Multiple teams are now trying to pop old packs of Sunshine #3 seeds in an effort to find more elites like the cup winner.

Moral of the story: those SSDD crosses are kickass! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Ooooh gotcha. I see where I messed up! My mistake then. Thanks for catching it! I’m still happy to have these SS4 F2’s, they’ll get in with the other ssdd stuff I plan to run in 2022 :+1:

6 Likes

Hype or not, wishing you NOTHING BUT SUCCESS in your efforts. Work your magic, “chase that Rainbow”, Bro!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

13 Likes

GMA on left with white tags, rest are SS#4

13 Likes

I can’t wait to see how the GMO x Alani do. I had hell trying to get those seeds to pop. I lost the GMO seeds I started. I managed to get one of the ChemX x Alani to grow. I love Katsu’s genetics but those Alani hybrids were the hardest seeds I have ever tried to pop. Clipping the tip is a must for them from what I found.

I am wondering if what you added to the water during germination helped soften the shells some. Sounds like your did fine.

3 Likes

Katsu told me the shells on the seed were super thick so I threw them in a seed scuffer for a few minutes to help.

4 Likes

I forgot about that info the first time I germinated the Alani seeds. After that I clipped the tips and did better. Another thing I found was they need lots more time in soil to pop up above the soil. The one I have that came up was in soil for almost 2 weeks. I was starting more seeds so I kept the ChemX x Alani moist even after I thought it was dead. I was way surprised when it came up.

I know I will be waiting a while before I try any of the others. I wasted 9 seeds to get one plant. I am a big fan of Katsu but hard shells suck.

2 Likes

Yellow pins- GMA/katsu
Blue pins- 9#/jinxproof
No pins- SS#4/bodhi

15 Likes

@katsu is on here I believe. Though like @bodhi both have been MIA for a while. Look forward to seeing these in action.

7 Likes

Hey that’s cool. I am going to have to steal the colored pin idea. I have been wondering how to best identify clones in the foam disks. That push pin idea will work perfect till they go in soil, and I can put a name stake with them.

4 Likes

Amazon also sells the collars in a variety of colours; probably get those when I use up the black collars.

3 Likes

Off to a great start! Im excited for you! Im itching to run some of bodhi gear. Great things from small beginnings!

2 Likes

Added white pins for SS#4 and a blackand white on the sad runt of the SS4

12 Likes

Culled the runt of the SS#4, root development was weak as well.

5 Likes

Crowded for a few more days…

9 Likes

Four SS#4 in coco for sexing. The runt will have to show something spectacular to make it.

GMA have bit more room now, clipped some leaves to allow space and Reservoir changed out

12 Likes