Kayoes' Grow Room

Hey, I too, am a new member here and so far its been great! MegaMinds at your fingertips! Mwah ha ah! But seriously! Welcome and that is a fine looking plant!

2 Likes

Just to get this straight in my head, she’s a large plant in a 4-5 gallon pot correct?

4 Likes

I think your plan to flush and feed her sounds good. If you think it’s a magnesium problem then a bit of Epsom salts is a good idea.

I think it just looks like a general deficiency. How strong do you mix your organic nutes and what do they recommend on the package?

She doesn’t look that bad by the way, a few yellowing leaves on a plant that size is no big deal. You might want to think about flowering her soon too, she’s going to get huge!

4 Likes

@DavesNotHere I guess the pot is a wee bit tiny? Lol :slight_smile: Its my first grow, hehe

The plan was to keep her for a while and get cuttings from her. They look much healthier than their mum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@beacher I did not foresee the outcome of her size. I’ve come to realize that I’m fucked when the eventual flower cycle begins, so… keep her and take cuttings instead, to avoid the extended period from seeds.

I got some seeds from a member in here, and will terminate some when I’ve finished the next grow area though.

Sadly I only have some cheap flower fertilizer.
3-0,3-1.
Recommend ed 5ml / 2 liter

Edit: Also, she look quite miserable IRL… The photo is a big fat liar! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit1: Might be a stupid question, but can I maybe double the amount of fertilizer? Say, 10ml / 2l water?

3 Likes

Good plan. Sometimes with those types of nutes it can be best to feed at half of what they recommend then move up if the plant likes it.

People on here will probably hate me for saying this lol, but if you can’t get any actual weed nutrients miracle gro is good for veg. Its cheap and you can find it almost anywhere…veg only though!

2 Likes

@Dave Should I give her a bigger pot if she survives my anti-LIFTA-wtfamidoing thingy? The soil is crap from a flower store… and I’ve had thoughts of re-potting earlier with recommended setup of goodies.

@beacher I’m buying proper nutes in a couple of days. “Advanced Nutrients”

Will also order some other goodies after my research and educating myself from reading posts here and several e-books.

2 Likes

@randrobertson522 Thanx mate! Good to be here! :smiley:

3 Likes

Well what I’m thinking is what you’re seeing is a mix of low food and filling out her pot and getting root bound. With that you’d see older leaf die off and lack of nutrients since she will eat what’s there pretty quickly.

You can feed her a high dose per feeding or prune back some leafs and shoots or put her in a bigger pot lol. That should set you back on track.

You can always do root pruning and repotting in the same pot with fresh soil, but you’ll also see mass leaf die off from the small root system.

4 Likes

@DavesNotHere Thank you! It haven’t occurred to me that the poor thing obviously need more room to grow! I’ve done some researching, and the feedback I’ve got from you guys have enlightened my newb mind a lot!

I see a slight light in the end of the tunnel now :smiley:

Thanks everyone! Appropriate measures are being planned so she can thrive again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Appropriate measures have been made.
I forgot to order Advanced Nutrients Sensizym.

Comments are always appreciated :slight_smile:

9 Likes

BRB

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Second try in progress. Closet is somewhat finished, and 4 seedlings from a member in here are stretched, literally :stuck_out_tongue:

Huge kudos to @Palindrome for an immense reply to some questions I had.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Day 12

5 Likes

Still chaos, and LBD

8 Likes

Looking good so far!

2 Likes

Day 28 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Beginning of day 31
Rearranged the leaves so the other lower stems get more light.

10 Likes