Kayoes' Grow Room

Hi peeps,

Bern away since 5th December. Had 36w 6000k fluorescent light only 24/7, and used a smarthome device For watering.

Before I left.

When I came back

10 Likes

Finished the grow light I’ve been tinkering with.

17 Likes

Appreciate the feedback!

Will look into it for sure, but have a plan how my setup will become eventually. Right now I’m all “proof of concept” ‘ish :stuck_out_tongue:

What are the specs on that bad boy? Can we get some pics of it? Sorry I’m a led array junkie. I always enjoy see others work and how they chose to design them

4 Likes

Hey Dave,
The build consist of 50w cob which cost 2$ incl. shipping, basic intel cpu fans around 6$ each, and a aluminum square frame which I got for free :slight_smile:

It runs quite cool, but my grow room went from 18C to 29C so the next step are two fans in, and out of the grow room.

2 Likes

Hey peeps,

Anyone able to see from these what is lacking / or something else that might obviously seem wrong?

2 Likes

Some more pictures of the issue I’m experiencing.
Will of cause provide more if needed.

All help is greatly appreciated. I had plans to set her in 12/12, but I guess I should fix this first.

1 Like

she needs potassium imo
you could be locking out

2 Likes

What have you been feeding it and how often?

1 Like

Water with little nutes for the last month (been away)
I haven’t measured the soil ph yet. Will get the equipment needed in a few days.

Been browsing through several litterateur which only made me more uncertain of what I should do…

I say feed it and see what happens. To me it looks like its starving and starting to eat itself. It appears to be yellowing from the inside out, older leafs to new growth.

3 Likes

I did a flush and added nutes today. Will feed her tomorrow before work, and again after work. I think she might be hungry :stuck_out_tongue:

That may be too much lol. Slow and steady wins the race. What nutrients are you using

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

I use Nelson garden Biobact organic fertilizers.
NPK 3-0,3-1. :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone want to recommend a winner in the fertilizer area I appreciate any feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

thats a tough one as you see from the comments it could be alot of things lockout starving n burn but probably not that by what you have said i always look for the simplest solution whats changed recently what needs to be changed anyway that was probably no help at all but good luck my brother and keep us posted

2 Likes

That seems like a pretty light fertilizer. What country are you in? They may help figure what nutrients are available to you.

Personally I use living soil and dry amendments, but to each their own. You’ll still want a fertilizer with a higher P content for flower, salt based on not.

1 Like

Yeah, way too light. I’m browsing different brands now and will order a few products nifty to have available as my plants develop.

I have 8 x 4 week old cuttings sitting in hydroponic that need to be dealt with soonish. Haven’t decided what to do with them yet.

I might go coco and drip system as I have most of the equipment at hand already, but i realt wanna test out hydroponic all the way :slight_smile:

I’ll keep updating as i progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m currently browsing http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/

Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Small update:

My seedlings are stretching and seem happy :slight_smile:
Had a huge “duuuh!” Moment when I realized that they have grown out of the aeroponic home they had, so the roots have been thriving a weee bit too much. Transplanting them now requires some heavy creative solutions:p

No idea how to move them to individual containers right now. Anyone with a smart / healthy solution to this problem?

2 Likes

Hi guys,

So, I’ve flushed the mother now with tap water.
The ph looks alright (I hope)

Now I’m a bit unsure what to do next, so I hope someone can give me some tips.

1. I’m flushing because there have developed an clear magnesium deficiency.
  2. The tap water is within limits.
  3. The run off ph seems within limits.

Now what?

I have organic fertilizer NPK 3-0,3-1 and epsom salt ready (can I add some extra fertilizer since it’s a very light type?)

I’m thinking to make a solution to feed her:

1. tap water
  2. Organic fertilizer
  3. (Hydrogen peroxide? For oxygen)

I also have a small amount of “Root!t, first feed

Appreciate every bit of help on this dark dark scary days of “crap…”

Edit:

I also are curious in regards of extraordinary temperature, light and humidity which might hjelp in the recovery process?

3 Likes