Keeper Strains?

This plant has fine flavors. Just a pain in the arse to grow.

4 Likes

@99PerCent awesome dude! You’re gonna love em! Feels good to know they’re in good hands. Not to mention let’s me feel comfortable getting more stuff going knowing they’re still around. Can’t wait to see how they do in your garden. Do you know if you got number 1 or 2?

Here’s number 2

17 Likes

Oof, I hope so.

This is the one that punched you out, right, :laughing:

So I will be vegging these into the summer. I may take clones again before I actually run in flower as they sort of arrived out of left field. If these are of importance to you in a real world sort of way, PM me.

2 Likes

He got number 2…

3 Likes

I got number two!!!

2 Likes

Also got some DTC99 and some Sweet Pink Grapefruit

:smirk: Got to say, the US Mail handles some packages just fine.

7 Likes

It’s amazing how cuttings can survive three or four days in the mail. And then root after a week or so and take off.

6 Likes

sure is isn’t it…how many seeds in a ton…how many tons in a seed?

Lets revive this thread!

Who’s still got some keepers and why, and what are they? :eyes:
I know we have bean hoards but do we have plant hoards?

My first keeper is gonna be a M/F pair of F1 (Northern Lights #5 x Haze) x Sensi Star. That is, if the male clones root, otherwise just the girl :rofl: First plants I’ve grown out of… 25 or so, that just spoke to me, in veg no less. First plants I’ve grown that I couldn’t look at and not hear “YOU NEED TO SAVE ME!” in the back of my head the whole time :rofl: Everything else has just been “meh, looks nice but whatever”…

2 Likes

When I was growing over 12 years ago, it was strictly from clone, hated growing out seeds since I didn’t have the space to mature a plant out, made one bonsai mother of a cutting given to me and went from there. Now I’m starting over, and now I have a 3x3x6ft bloom area, and a bunch of gifted seeds to play with. So I’ll be looking to find a mother of several strains to keep, then eventually I’ll need a second bloom chamber to have a separate seed/variety grow, and a more mono cultured tent for clones.

2 Likes

My NL is a keeper and if i like something else and want to keep it…into seed it goes…clones are way to go! The NL i got will put you out…just real sneaky like…

A few seeds on the side always looking for that diamond!

5 Likes

My Sour i’ve had for like 6 years now,

Apollo 13 is at least 2 years now.

Sunshine daydream is also a keeper, another one around about 2 years.

23 Likes

Surprised this thread hasn’t done better.

I keep mothers and try and out cross to males I select. This year’s male is a Black Triangle male that smells like bubblegum. Probably going to keep a cut of this as well as dust some keeper females.

I have a Headbanger mom that I’ve had since 2017. Grew out another pack but was not surprised that I couldn’t find a better one. It purples beautifully in the cold, can take a pounding in variation of temperature, produces way above average yields which are easy to harvest. When it purples the gas and dark berry flavours really come out but they are there even when it isn’t cold. It has more sweet, hashy, earthy musk. It is also not for beginner smokers. It has the ability to send someone a bit sensitive over the edge. It’s great for working and by working, I mean, be creative, have ideas and have the motivation to see them through. Some people report not being able to sleep after smoking it but I certainly do. Can look spindly but the stems support the yield. Will have a main cola if allowed but ample side branching with over sized nugs at internodes.

Next is a Swashbuckler F2. The leaves go black in the cold

Again it has a very sweet gas with dark berry taste to it. Similar to the Headbanger but different in it’s own rite. Slightly below average yield but makes up for it in quality. This leans towards the stoney side but what a stone. Lots of head to even it out but can be a day ender. I call it the Black Panthro cut.

Next is an Amnesia. This is sweet and more-ish. Cola bottle main bud. Did not expect anything of quality from a freebie from a seedbank called Super strains but it is close to a perfect plant. Very strong and very good for being creative.

Next is Lavender Jack from Bodhi. This is a Lavender leaning pheno and has the lavender buttery taste to it. Slight sweetness comes from the Jack. Very good all rounder. Can be used for working and relaxing. Been asked by people to keep this around as it is popular. Short stocky plant. Buds are trichome covered and this plant purples but more so in cold temps.

A few possible long term keepers are Josh D OG, a Road Dawg, a Black Triangle and Tha Melon.

Definite but currently deciding which to keep from phenotypes are Dolce Sativa, Mental Floss, Killer Glue, Schnazzleberry, a Blockhead x Cheese.

All of these will be hit with pollen from the Black Triangle male.

Come on people. This kind of info helps others in choices on what to grow/buy.

Peace.

16 Likes

Do you have any pics of the lavender jack?

1 Like

Some sexy plants right there! Thanks for sharing, and sorry for my super late reply!

I did end up keeping my two favorite NL5HazeSensiStar plants, a girl and a boy. I’ve ran the girl out 4 or 5 times now, and made some crosses with both of them… Actually just chopped a seeded clone of the girl at 79 days…

Those cola’s are longer than my forearm and about as wide… This is straight oldschool daytime herb unless you take her past 80 days or so, then it starts getting into indica territory. Her sister would knock you the F out at 63 days, NL5 pheno, but this one’s haze leaning and perfect for working on. No anxiety/paranoia, can get psychedlic in high doses. She helps a bit with muscle aches/pains but not the best I’ve had in that regard.

Only other real keeper I have at the moment is, funnily enough, also a Sunshine Daydream girl! Stuff is glorious pain meds and tasty too! I got a spindly bubbashine leaner from some of the F2’s from the seed-run here. She needs a lot of support, but that herb is :ok_hand: Smells/tastes like sour-buttered muffins and kush :drooling_face: Couple hits just melts away any nerve pain I have. I LOVE this stuff. I don’t have any good pics though currently.

Nothing else has really struck me to keep it yet. Got a few things I’m checking out though to see, some old NL lines, a couple Gorilla Bubble BX1, and maybe some Sour Bubble. Really just looking for more/better pain meds before I go looking for fun stuff to keep around :wink:

@Mestizo
Thank you very much for posting all that info! Hopefully we can keep this thread going!

15 Likes

I have been tracking this one.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

i am growing garlic cookies (aka GMO). it is for sure a keeper. stickiest strain i have ever grown

4 Likes

I only got this bad photo, soz. c8a0779ce8b3dcacec42835150ecdb2ef93fc597_2_483x500

12 Likes

I’ve been growing rainbow ylly f2s every cycle for more than a year now . Big dense fruity purple and red nugs with a crazy adhesive terp profile. Heavy yielding and very stony. Its my go to strain to pop.

26 Likes

What are the parents on that? And thanks.

1 Like