Keeper Strains?

Father lime pop. Mother rainbow truffle

2 Likes

Lots of variation in a pack. Some Jack leaning, some Lavender. Both parent plants strong in the cross but there are definitely unique phenos where you get the best of both worlds. I like the Lavender leaning ones but the Jack ones are high quality also.

3 Likes

Sounds nice. You plan to make seeds?

1 Like

I did a year and a half or so ago. I’m working on nailing a pheno and am currently searching f2s every grow… I will be taking it to f10 and possibly bxing it If I decide I want to. Still have f1s as well.

5 Likes

I’m beginning my keeper hunt. Hunting phenos is fun but a lot to keep track of. That and the 40+ clones I cut to back up everything lol.

7 Likes

Appreciate the dedication. Hope you find some special awesomeness.

1 Like

Yeah. I hear you. Trying to work through samples. How do we find the time? Lol. It’s a goddamn greasy job but some one’s gotta do it!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Interesting. I’ve heard of this with more than one high-end variety. Any idea what caused this? If this condition were to spread that would be very bad news. The reason I ask is because years ago I read an article and in it they were talking about trying to breed a gene into cannabis to make it unable to make seed. This Gene was to remain dormant for 7 years.

3 Likes

I can only speak about landraces because that’s all I have been growing, but I will definitely be keeping my favorite phenotype of cryptic labs Oaxaca around. Very long lasting up high. Everyone here has certainly perked my interest in other varieties. You guys keep some beautiful mamas. There’s two plants that are competing for top slot for me. When I smoke them I often work furiously. Like a maniac crackhead LOL. It might be the most energetic variety I have ever smoked.

25 Likes

This would be highly unusual, and I suspect, not possible.

This plant struggled that way. It eventually did seed, but those seeds hermied. That stuff happens in life, all the time.

Best…

2 Likes

7 years for my Nympho auto flower.

10 Likes

Sounds like my favorite kinda smoke. Just to clarify, I meant Oaxaca, not crack!

2 Likes

I had a white widow and a northern lights I kept for 3 cycles and they were very different plants but both very nice.

Of the plants I’ve grown from seed this year, I’d say most would qualify as keepers if I kept mothers which I don’t. Some yielded better than others, some had more complex interesting flavours, some did both.

The one exception was one that smelled like cabbage/vegetables.

If I were a cash cropper I would have kept the WW forever. Huge yields.

In a perfect world I’d run a couple of nice clones and a couple of seeds because I like variety.

6 Likes

It would be similar to producing seedless grapes or seedless oranges. A little bit of gene splicing and it could be done. There are sterile plants found in Himalayan populations, surrounded by males but not a seed on the big buds. Highly unusual No Doubt. 1 in 10 million.

3 Likes

That sounds like what I need. My sleep issues always cause me to be draggin ass all day, everyday. I need like 3 cups of coffee or tea just to have the energy to take the garbage out in the AM.

2 Likes

How’ve you kept an auto going for seven years? Semi-auto?

1 Like

i think he meant hes been popping the auto seeds for 7 years

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I’m work tired.

Yup. But I seed breed. So I got heaps. Got about a dozen cuts ATM of a bubblegum cross I’ve worked with since 2016. Also some ice grape krush and gg#4 X giga zkittles both from 2017-8. You do mean cuts?

Cause I’ve also got ibls at F12 or greater and landrace seed stock. To take from F1 to F12 is many, many years. Some are from 90s seed stock. It can be hard in a not fully legal environment.

4 Likes