Khoresan Iranian landrace the real seed company

Early on I had issues with fungus gnats , soil drench bti works very well if anyone runs into same issue :slight_smile:

And here they are like 6weeks later maybe 2 months I’m not really sure I’ve been letting them go extremely slow till now today was the first watering in almost 3weeks :slight_smile: lol well I figured hey they are from the desert right? Lol and they handled it very well as a matter of fact and once they perk back up I’ll up pot the females Ill probably plant them and f
Run them outdoor full cycle :slight_smile:

33 Likes

@upstate and @feloniousmonk I am think I got it half and half female to male ratio I’ll check better this evening I’m just going off of structure I’ll check preflower when I get back I got a side job to go look at

4 Likes

Oh hell yeah! I’ve been super intrigued by the Iranian genetics from RSC, now that there are 3 flavors to choose from. Thanks for grabbing my attention here, and good job tagging @Upstate too, that guy grows landrace like a pro.

4 Likes

Sweet! I hope you are right. Careful( others that grow this) when these are young and don’t water them very much at all. Let that soil get almost bone dry and then water around the perimter of the cup and not on the plant. I passed a pack of these off to get reproduced and they got damp off and died.
IF You go and look at the plants and you see that one or more of them has tipped over at the soil line, don’t give up on it. It definitely has damp off. Dig around the base of the plant and expose the brown portion of the stem to air it out ,and it will live if you catch it quick enough. Basically if the top is not wilted yet it will live.
Are you growing for Bud or seed or both?
I remember your latitude but I can’t remember what state you live in. These will mold very easily outdoors. You’re going to have to keep up on spraying them with some probiotics or something and keep the dew off them…if you are in a humid region.

7 Likes

Missouri about 20 miles south of the 38th parallel I was going to do both at least a couple hundred seeds not a whole bunch but a few :slight_smile: I might just leave them in pots then and force flower outside to miss rainy season our summers a dry dry but late fall rain and super humid so Yeah, thanks @Upstate always dropping knowledge, love and respect bro

7 Likes

I think humidity will have to be under 50% for these. Plan harvest during your driest month and maybe you’ll get lucky. I didn’t. The year I grew Lebanese NY had the wettest summer in.100 years.

7 Likes

Damn! Sounds like my luck lol so I’m going to up pot them and force flower next month so they finish for sure :slight_smile: lol thanks @Upstate

4 Likes

@drgreensleeves I’m popping some as well. Tell me, were your seeds striped? I copped these when they first dropped in 2019 and the seeds were a larger medium, light brown, with no stripes. I copped some more last year and the seeds looked more like hybrids, smaller with tiger stripes.

Angus is supposed to be legit, @Upstate you think it could be from a new ascension or a Repro? I popped what I had left of the original pack but my ADHD caused me to forget I had them in wet paper towels, by the time I remembered, most had been molded over and could only save one seedling which I have going now.

5 Likes

I always thought the unstripped were just pulled earlier than the striped ones I thought anyways lol

6 Likes

Is that the case?? Lol I just assumed unstriped was usually associated with Landrace varieties, especially those that happen to be used for hash. I could be wrong :man_shrugging:t4:

Also, really hope you enjoy these! Very unique terps, by far some of the stinkiest plants I’ve grown. If there’s such a thing as RKS, it’s in this strain or can at least be created by using it in a cross. I’m hunting for one pheno (which I never saved) that was the stinkiest I’ve ever smelled. We should trade seeds when my batch finishes and do a Freakers run if you’re down.

7 Likes

Hell yeah I’m down with the sickness! :slight_smile: PS Im also working heime cheebas RKS and I figured that Iranians had potential for a RKS pheno that’s why I got them to start with :slight_smile: lol cool

4 Likes

So there is a such thing as too dry for these :slight_smile: oops lol I almost lost 2females hopefully I didn’t lose any I’ll know in a day or so ok so what had happened was the soil went hydro phobic and when I watered them it just ran right around and out so 2days later I checked them and was like sht! So I took a bucket and dunked the bottom half of pot in bucket of water and it worked very well kinda like ground water coming up from underneath, if that makes sense

PS one might not recover but it’s a female so I’m really not tripping about it :slight_smile: it’s the 4males I’m really excited about the seeds to come and yes, @district_flora I don’t want to count the chickens before they hatch but I’m game :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So I went out and just checked them and I believe that the 2 in question will recover for sure so that’s like 25 days of hot drought in little pots ! I think that’s pretty freaking outstanding :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I get it, sometimes I do this same “up from down under” approach. Call it the “Crocodile Dundee” technique. Glad they are tough. It’s so funny how everywhere else people are just chucking males out the window, and here on OG people get bummed when there too many females lol. I was just browsing RSC website and looking at the Iranian accessions. I think you have the one I’m most interested in, but I’m also super curious about the other two. Once I get the Mazari going, my next moves are Turkey and Pakistan in regard to seeds. I’ll also be starting the Syrian seeds some time soon, those look absolutely insane.

7 Likes

Well I tell you what these stem rubs are are loud! And complex with no sweet but like a vapor- sour-pickel and that’s wild as shit to be that intense this early is very interesting to say the least :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can tell they must be impressive, and it’s not a dig on your explanation, but I have no IDEA what smell you’re describing :laughing:. But then again, some smells from the herb defy description. I’ve heard that landrace in particular can have some really weird smells hidden in the biodiversity.

BTW I have some seeds called “Scampi Skunk” that are supposed to smell like lobster. Not saying it’s the same as sour pickle, but in the same vein of like, savory food smelling weed. Any other food smells I’ve heard compare to sweet candy and baked goods. I’m interested to see where the smell goes from there.

6 Likes

Are the new seeds from a reproduction? Seeds from South Asia start off with stripes, but during handling( hash making or other)they can lose their stripes. Repro seeds would keep the stripes

3 Likes

Bummer. Hope it lives. Happens to every outdoor container grower eventually. I finally picked up some plastic dishes for the plants to sit in when I water for this same reason. Soil really does repel water when it’s bone dry. I’m often in a hurry, but I know how much water each pot should get by picking it up. This will ensure the water goes where I want it rather than out the bottom.
@District_Flora we like the stinky😁. Nice.

6 Likes

Which Syrian? Rsc?

4 Likes

Yup! They looked so frosty I just had to. Have you found Syrian seeds somewhere else? I wonder how much they have in common, if you know another source.

6 Likes