Khoresan Iranian landrace the real seed company

@FeloniousMonk @lefthandseeds Has been working with Syrian. His only complaint was the slow growth, but I think he’s been working on that. How’s the progress Lefthand?

3 Likes

I’ve been growing the SyrianLeb (Syrian x Black/blue Lebanese) quite a bit. I have some in water now that I’m going to cross with Ethiopian highlands.

Syrian gets off to a pretty slow start, but it’s a line I think is really cool. Most people would probably find it too low yielding, or lacking potency. It has quite a bit of mixed cannabinoids. Some phenos are among the fastest flowering strains you can find.

Outcrossed to the Lebanese, there is a pretty equitable representation of Syrian leaning phenos. They mix well and help alleviate some of the issues with vigor, yield and potency without stomping out the strain. With blue hemp leb in the mix, it’s easy to find phenos flowering in the low to mid 40’s. My wife and I haven’t smoked much of anything else for quite a while now :sweat_smile:

My next stop with it is a cross to Ethiopian highlands. My goal here is to bring in more sativa character, increase yields further and preserve mixed cannabinoids and short flowering time. Ethiopian highlands on paper is my ideal target, since it doesn’t have an especially long flower time (12-14 weeks) and produces thcv. I’ll inbreed it a bit to ~F3 with short flower times and then I’ll just use it as a parent strain for F1s, especially pairing with more sativas.

13 Likes

Niiice, I just popped all of the Razavi from my second purchase last year.

I popped the leftovers I had from 2019 and forgot I was germing them in paper towels :roll_eyes:, lost all but one which I’m hoping doesn’t damper-off.

Also popped my crosses with a stinky Razavi mother, found this one with an extra leaf. Noticing that Iranians (including the ones I have going from Mazandaran) have a common mutation where they self-top, self-FIM, or have extra leaves/leaf sets. Would be cool to isolate something like that.

8 Likes

Does the Ethiopian Highlands have the Lemon leaning terps like the Shashamane did?

3 Likes

So these are the ones I copped after the original ‘19 ascension was out of stock when I came back to purchase in like 2021. I waited another year and they were back in stock but they were still labeled as the ‘19 ascension. So I’m guessing they must be a Repro?

3 Likes

@District_Flora That might explain the stripes. Also, you might have gotten all your first seeds from the same plant. During the repro, distant non related plants might have been mated and we see stripes. It’s not set in stone this is always true, but very often I think this is what is happening. I haven’t figured out how unrelated plants need to be to produce stripes.
Neat triple.

2 Likes

Can we get a peek at the finished product? I’m trying to live vicariously through your pictures.

2 Likes

Still a work in progress. I’m making the cross to the Ethiopian strain in my current grow. I have some young plants that are about a week until I start flowering. I just germinated a bunch of SyrianLeb seeds to look for a dwarf

Stop by the grow thread!

7 Likes

Ooooh! Check it out y’all , so I think I got 8 different terp profiles possibly only like 4-6 but at least more than 4 they all have a different stem rub and check this male out I’m super excited :slight_smile:

My little burnt rubber male :slight_smile: I’m super stoked ! @Upstate the law of attraction is alive! :slight_smile: Lol for real though, oh and for the record they are super water sensitive! And I think the gnats are still around so I’ll start the BTI again should clear it up

9 Likes

Update: so I was out tending to things and I got a wif when I was moving the pots about and WOW! :flushed: All my males are putting off thiols! :slight_smile: So excited! I’m picking up skunk onions garlic and burnt rubber! Oh and some undisclosed dankness:) lol PS my camera quit working are I would post a pic but I’m getting a new phone just for this purpose :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh cool I got a female that expresses a forked tongue leaf mutation :slight_smile: really cool looking

3 Likes

Damn your broken camera! I love leaf mutations. The pics you’ve gotten are looking real nice. I love the biodiversity you get from Landrace seeds. I recently rubbed a male Purple Auto Bastard and was shocked at the lemony fresh smells I was getting. You bet I’ll be scanning the phenos of his progeny for that lovely scent.

4 Likes

Well dang, I’m kinda sad a little bit I still got the burnt rubber male but 3 of my males turned out to be female :frowning: but one of the females turned out to be male so it’s not too bad but I thought I hit the friggin lotto :slight_smile: lol but I still did pretty good the female that turned out male has a skunky stem rub so that’s cool I’m still excited and all but smh lol well dang lmao

3 Likes

The 2 males are on the left the burnt rubber male is the bigger of the 2 :slight_smile: PS the one in the red pot not the orange one he is a skunky, onions and BO :slight_smile: I like them both but I’m super proud of my burnt rubber:)

13 Likes

Only takes one male😁 imo better to have 3 females. It will be easier to judge which one(s) is( are) potent.

4 Likes

That’s weird I’m doing a small grow of Kush Van Stitch that also seemed to top themselves early on as a rule.

I know it’s not a landrace, but reading into it it might be a stabilized Kush hash plant with some auto flower thrown in there. I want to get a good sack of f2s but was dangerously cautious in only popping 4 of 8. 3 lived on, 2 were male :grimacing: but I was able to pollinate 1 ABC plant and also snagged some dust to save, so even though the lone female hasn’t flowered yet, she’ll get splattered eventually. A huge % of the offspring will all have this weird FIMMing trait I’m almost sure.

4 Likes

@district_flora do Iranians have semi auto traits? It’s starting to look like that here, could it be because I’m just south of the 38th parallel? Thanks

2 Likes

You probably won’t see it too much in the F2’s but if you grow enough you’ll find them and only pollinate those so it’ll show up more with each generation, at least this is what someone on here had mentioned before. The mutation may come from the Kush, or even the Lowryder used in its cross but your guess is as good as mine lol.

Either way, I’m sure you’ll find some crazy looking plants, I made an ABC site 3 x Subterfuge #1 or Tuna Kush, not sure which male pollinated them first. Haven’t grown them yet but I have plenty if you wanna throw that in with your cross to up the mutations.

1 Like

Perhaps, they are pretty diverse and “wild” according to the descriptions and from my experience growing them. I guess they’ve been open pollinated for so long with minimal selection hence the variety. They probably let them get pollinated with varieties from other regions multiple times throughout their existence. Or I wonder if your location has unlocked some traits as a way of adapting, idk. That’d be cool though lol

1 Like

Dude! I am all about it. I have heard the name “subterfuge” is that another ABC or was it a duckfoot strain? I’d like to start out by creating a lot of diversity in my gene pool and then I can look to select for a few different traits and end up with a few distinct lines of ABC (for instance I might select on one line to be compact and another tall and lanky). So some new blood is always welcome!

2 Likes