Dank Den Diary's

Hey there everyone…

I am born and raised on North Vancouver Island, and have been growing this wonderful plant for 25 years now. I have learned a lot, and still have a lot to learn. This is my den. This is my diary.

Welcome…Please feel free to say hello.

K.

15 Likes

Western Fraser Valley :slight_smile:

Although moved to Canada in the mid’90s from Ukraine and spent most of my Canadian existence in Marpole (Vancouver)

Campbell River is awesome; I go there lots. Have customers there, one of my good friends moved to Cortes, and we hold an annual fishing derby around there.

Love the island!

7 Likes

Here’s a pic from one of my older smaller shows I had in my two bedroom rancher…I’ll post pics of the new project, as I go through it. It should be interesting…

Regards,

K.

38 Likes

Moved your convo and made you a grow thread!

Now you can post pics of your grow and setup here and use it like a journal and log of your stuff

7 Likes

Fuggin Eh… Thanks Toasty…

6 Likes

Alright folks…I have three different set-ups on the grow right now… My 18 ft Grow Trailer, my new No-Till bed, and “The Shop”.

I will try and juggle info for all three of them, and give a quick rundown, as to what I am up to. I am new at the No-Till, and eventually would like to turn my trailer into a full No-Till operation. If I can, I would like to transfer the entire shop over to No-Till as well. I am just a little worried about the yield side of things right now. I also have a business to run, and can’t mess around with the needed targets.

I already grow using super soil, and a couple of other organic supplements. So, it’s not so much the organic situation, as much as getting off the liquid Nutes…But thanks to @lotus710 , I have worked up the balls to make the switch.

I am including the No-Till bed from step three…Step one was building it, step two was lining the bottom with Drain Rock…Now I have all the soil/Peat Moss on the go, and have all my amendments…I just need a couple of bails of ProMix, and a bail of straw, and Alfalfa.

My bed is 4’x20’

My next chore, is to mix the last three bails of Promix, and come up with the way I plan on mixing, and stacking my soil. This is where I may have a couple of questions, for anyone in the know, for No-Till.

I will be taking some pics of my Grow Trailer, and detail what I have happening in it. My trailer has a soft spot in my heart. I am only on the first pull in it as we speak, and had some unforeseen issues, beyond my control. So against my will, it is not on par with what I expect from myself. It is 18ftx8ft, and is a floor up build, from a 2005 Travel Trailer. I will go into more detail about it soon.

Thanks for checking my stuff out, I hope some of you have some idea’s, and constructive criticism for me. I never want to remain stale with my growing practices.

Kind Regards,

K.

13 Likes

When I first started my trailer build…

Here is a lights on view of the inside of my trailer, after it was finished…

I will be posting more about this thing in the near future. It looks a bit messy, due to some electrical issues I am in the middle of fixing. I will be taking more pictures today.

K.

17 Likes

Next step was the paper/cardboard lining on top of the rocks, then followed with Alfalfa Straw.

Next was mixing all the soil, and most of the amendments…You can’t see the Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Kelp Meal, Lyme, and Rock Dust.

This is most of what I used…

^ The bucket contains my BioChar.

Mixing was a bitch…Good thing I am a master of the “Goon Spoon”

Worms are multiplying fast…I will be adding them at the end… @Tinytuttle…I was wondering if you would like to come spend the weekend, digging single holes in the bed, for my worms? It would be doing me a real solid…That is the most time consuming part of this project :wink:

My ground cover ingredients :

I also added 3 big bags of Worm Castings to the soil.

Rice Hulls just need to arrive, and needing to grab two more bags of Lava Rock, and I can finish the bed…

I will keep posting as I go here…

17 Likes

Trailer build looking good @Kobracom420!

8 Likes

Wow nice stuff there! Always cool to see a larger scale grower whos willing to evolve and try new stuff. Most people I know with bigger shows refuse to ever change even the slightest aspect, it’s like a superstitious thing I guess lol

Whats the strain in those first pics? Looks huge and dank…

Trailer looks sweet, good idea to use the space like that. Definitely much nicer than some other trailer grows I’ve seen :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Thanks Tiny…But still no answer on helping with the worm holes? :wink:

Thanks Beacher, I think it’s the only way to compete these days…I refuse to use Chemy foods. The bed will be the way I can test out No-Till, in the shop. I am hoping I can make it worthwhile to transfer the entire shop over. It is a bit intimidating though, so thank god for this place…

As far as the trailer grow goes…It is still a work in progress…I have some tightening up to do with her still. I will be going into detail about the build soon, I just don’t seem to have the time to right now, as the shop is keeping me pretty busy. I just finished some electrical work in the trailer last night, and am dealing with a way to silence my exhaust for it, now. I plan on converting it to full No-Till, as it is a stealth grow, and I don’t want to be moving dirt in and out all the time. Not to mention, I am really digging the whole No-Till idea. I want the best for my plants after all…

That strain is my favorite. It’s one of Reeferman’s, Nigerian Nitemare plants. I have been trying to track it down forever now. I have contacted Charles multiple times about it, and all the seed dealers I could (worldwide), with no luck. I had that room doing two per, with no co2, or Double ended bulbs…And I had to shut it down. That strain was a Champ, it took 1400 PPM during it’s peak, and thrived. The taste and high was great. The Bubble it threw, was insane… If I can ever track it down again…I will pay it forward in here, and hook some fellow OG’s up.

Regards,

K.

10 Likes

Damn sounds killer… always a shame to lose a champion strain like that.

4 Likes

Oh, I still haven’t given up on her…I managed to get a lead, about an old friend I have, who may still have a mother kicking around. I am just waiting to get confirmation. Then Plan “C” goes into effect…Hahaha

K.

5 Likes

I just got a couple of cuts of her…Turns out my old friend still had mother’s still going (10+ years later)…I will see if it still has strong genetics, or if it got cloned out…If it is still the same, I can/will share her.

Regards,

K.

11 Likes

My No-Till bed has been filled and now has the cover crop, coming in nice and thick…

But I have been noticing a tonne of little Mushie’s growing everywhere? Can anyone tell me if it is normal, or if it is bad for my bed? I would think it shows good bio-diversity? But not too sure… @Tinytuttle? Have you an idea?

K.

13 Likes

That’s awesome man. I don’t believe in genetic drift personally, I bet she’ll be exactly as you remember her.

8 Likes

I don’t either, and am pretty hopeful she has stayed the course…It’s making me giddy haha…It’s almost like re-living the first time you get laid…Ha!.

K.

8 Likes

Ya but now the pressures on to show off this legendary monster strain here haha. If you’re not getting at least 3lbs per plant I’m calling you out!

7 Likes

Mushrooms are a good thing matter of fact if you view some of my thread pics I have the exact same species if I’m not mistaken they usually come out for me with new seed plantings and in a a seed tray with high humidity!

7 Likes

Well, I did the two a lite, without the Double Ended HPS, or Co2… But, that was also in my room I had dialed. I am in the middle of trying to dial in my trailer, and my shop as we speak.

See…I already have excuses lined up…

10 Likes