Kosher Tangie Kush Grow

WEEK 8 part 2

Just got back home after leaving the plants for 4 days.

Plants are looking well. I’m pleasantly surprised by the state i found my tent in.
The net is filling in very nicely. Canopy is still pretty even. I moved a few cola but not too many. Underneath everything is a bit more bushy. Same thing for the canopy. I’ll be looking over them a lot closer tomorrow, making sure all the cola are getting enough light, trying to spread them a little better. Perhaps with the 2nd net (but that might be a little premature)

Before:

And now:

A quick timelapse of the last few days:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhQFgPj6N3ifi5ABadZ0TFFscNRgdA

Late now so i mostly leftthem as i found them. Waiting till tomorrow won’t hurt much i think

2 Likes

WEEK 9&10

2 weeks passed and i think the stretch is pretty much over now. And it’s been an interesting 2 weeks for me.

The weird leaves and growth in the 2 runt is pretty much gone. One of them managed to grow to a decent size but the other is clearly a lot smaller than the others. This is too bad because now my canopy sort of slopes downwards towards the back of the room. On the other hand this was to be expected when i chose to keep them in. Most of the cola are also a bit thinner than the rest of the other plants.

Next: he stretch on these girls was a lot more than i was used to from previous grows. They also show a lot more sativa in their fenos than i’m used to. So now i ended up with a tent that a little too full for my liking. A lot of the growth above the trellis is again in the shade.
I decided to defoliate and remove the lower growth twice. Once around the end of week 9 and once today. After watching the timelapse of the past 2 weeks i did notice a noticeable boost in growth around the end of week 9. I have a feeling that they liked what i did there.
Dedoliation at the end of this week i removed pretty much all growth tips below where i held my hand. I left some leaves on in that zone and did one final removal of everything below the trellis.
I did not remove all growth under my hand for the back 3 plants though since the canopy is lower there and light reaches through better.
I feel like i’ve waited a bit too long to switch the light cycle this time. Different genetics caught me by surprise here i guess.

Pics from week 9:

And week 10:

And finally the timelapse:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhQFgPj6N3ifjJET5ZLXVr-tQH-dsQ

And now i’m ready to see some flowering magic happen

Till next time
:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Some extra pics from today:

2 Likes

Man…

These things just keepon getting taller and taller… and taller.
And i’ve clearly had too many plants in there this time. The bottom was still too much in the dark so i did one (hopefully) final defoliation and removal of all the small growth and the tips that weren’t getting any light. I trimmed about 15cm above the trellis off the branches.

Flowering is getting it’s groove on and i’m seeing some nice pistils everywhere.
The extra growth of all the cola did make my canopy a lot less even as i wouldhave liked but it’s too late to do anything about that now. I’ve run out of room :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Some pics from this week

1 Like

Another week another update…

I’m entering my least favorite time in the grow-cycle of my plants. The waiting game…

Flowering is slowly doing it’s thing. Pistils keep forming, buds are growing, slowly adding on weight…
Now is the time where i have to mostly watch out not te screw things up. I’ve had a few cola show signs of nute-burn but for now it seems te be back under control. For now my plants haven’t shown any issues due to ph-problems which i usually get near the late flowering phase.

I think these ph-problems in previous grows might be due to my buffertabs being spent. I still have some around but i’m wondering if it would be better to just put 1/2 or a full tab in the ground, or to crush them up and use them as a top dressing.

I have more than a few long cola in there that are getting filled in very nicely. The buds are already connecting to form long big cola filled with goodies. I’m still a little worried about the room being too full and not having done enough lollipopping and removing of the lower growth to get the best quality buds but i won’t take anything off anymore now.
I’ll just have to seehow things go from here and learn my lessons from this grow.

Apart from a few cola showing some nute-burn the plants are actually looking pretty healthy.

Some of the pics from this last day:

20210125_073421 20210125_073338

2 Likes

Quick picture update. Lights were already on today so they’re all yella. Better stuff tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m gegting closer to harvest now.
Been having a little thrip problem in my other tent and they migrated to this room as well. I think i managed to halt them before it becme a total loss. I will still have to keep close eye on them though. But since i’m so far into flower now i’m afraid there’s not much i can do if they come back.

Some buds are getting really rock solid. Other are still a little fluffier.
There’s an intense citrus aroma wafting through the air and if i touch the buds my fingers smell and taste like they’ve been dipped in lemon juice.
The pistils are still mostly pale. Only a small portion has discolored and shrivled.
Also trichomes are abundantly present but still clear.

The canopyis a lot less even than my previous grow. I have a couple of smaller cola on the smaller plants in the back. The front plants all have a couple of real monsters on them.

So… very promising but not quite there yet.

4 Likes

How quickly things can change…
5 out of 6 plants were showing amber. Mostly around the top of the plants. When checking the lower buds there wasn’t any amber yet but the trichs were nice and cloudy.

I decided to let the one stay in the tent a little while longer but immediately cut down the rest. I’m looking for more of a high than a stoned ride with these and i didn’t want to overdo it and have my best quality buds go too amber on me.

Since i didn’t have the time tonight to fully detail them i had to do things in steps.

Started with cutting and hanging them on an easy to reacht height so i can remove the fan leaves.

Then i cut them into individual branches and hung them out. Smaller budsites i layed flat on the sides.

I’mnot very hopefull about the remaining one though. All other plants are clearly ready and have very solid buds. But this one it’s all nada, nothing and fuck all. Extreme floof, no cloudiness in the trichs. Then again, all one has to do now is be patient. Removing the scrog did screw with her stability. Had to mke some makeshift contraption with string to keep all the cola somewhat upright. I’ll probably improve on the design tomorrow. I’ll share a beer with her for good health…

And maybe reward myself a little for all the work done. A small beer would do nicely

Tomorrow is a new day. Manicuring means lord of the rings. Always good times :sweat_smile:

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

20210203_172800

2 Likes

Who sez a cola must be upright…specially when it’s so close to being done… tell you I did the same thing …she had 5 colas now she has 1… laying on a string…nuther week ??? Hmmm I’m at day 79

Yours is kosher…mine is burnt…names names names…prolly related…

Enjoy it.