Kraven a new press

That shit will get-er-done my iron is in a state that this is my next move bravo job well done!

1 Like

at 80 G denver prices and yours is top shelf thatā€™s some great return even at 100Bucks an oz mids denver prices making money saving money You are my hero.

1 Like

I get around 20-22% with HS, but many other strains I get anywhere between 25-33%, HS is one of my lower returning strains, but the rosin is 2x as good lol.

3 Likes

Youre killing it on the yields. My little press hovers around 10-15% yields. I got some 20-25% yields earlier this summer. I think its my low humididty. I need to start tracking room temperature and humidity as well as jar humitidy and plate temperatures. :thinking: Whatā€™s your room humidity average @Kraven?

3 Likes

I press everything when it reaches 58% humidity after the dry and my pressing room stays at 70f with 60% humidity, thatā€™s the best time to press, you will get the best product imho. I usually do 10g or so for the month, works out nice to be able to make my own meds from my own meds. :peace:

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to plug in a humidifier next time get up to 60%. Better yet put it on a humidistat. I think those high yields were this summer during the monsoon season.

3 Likes

Oooohā€¦ Temperature and humidity of the environment affect rosin yields? Iiiinnnterestingā€¦ Veeeeery iiiinnnterestingā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just a theory I have. Itā€™s about as scientific as the relationship between the decline of pirates and global increase in warming.

5 Likes

Since I also store my meds in the same room the meds are the same temp / humidity as the room. I have pressed in warmer places and just feel like my product is not as stableā€¦imho.

2 Likes

Well freezing bud helps the trichomes to seperate from material easier everything effects everything they say if your makin hash in a room that dont make your nips hard you screwin yourself

2 Likes

Freezing isnā€™t going to help when making rosin with heat. It will likely just introduce water. I did try pressing fresh bud once. Made a watery mess!

2 Likes

Yea fresh frozen isnt rosinable a exp i think we share haha i was more talking like bubble prolly will still help if the room is cold tho idk i used to closed loop extract havent gotten much into rosin but ill pick up rosin before i pick up bho again

1 Like

It seems to be more humidity than temperature, but Iā€™m going to start recording both and see if I can influence it one way or the other. The jar is always 70Ā°F and 62% RH. But my humidity is around 40% today. Since I press in my ā€œlung roomā€ I think I will benefit from humidity control in my grow as well as my pressing.

2 Likes

Shit ill sit back an take notes

3 Likes

There may be something to this relationship between RH and yield. Below is s chart I made using the notes on yield (blue line) vs the average RH data from my local airport. There is a slight correlation.

:thinking: Food for thought.

6 Likes

I too feel the same way, its was cool of you to chart your data, my data set is similar,so yea, now seeing it twice, I would have to agree there is some connection imho. Peace

1 Like

Haha, so now Iā€™ll make my dry sift in the winter (dry and cold) and press it in the summer (warmer and humid). :laughing:

1 Like

Holy cow dude, I hope those three 5% yields weā€™re on small runs. It hurts my heart to think of a hundred gram run yielding a quarter ounce

2 Likes

Yeah, those are all around 3 gram presses, the real low numbers are usually trim presses. Still disappointing opening the parchment.

Yesterday I went to the dispensary by my work. I saw rosin on the menu, do I asked to see some. It was almost as black as my soul! I had to pass and get some BHO instead. Is it this town, or does all BHO kinda taste the same?

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s a problem with the process
The butane doesnā€™t pick up much flavor to begin with, and the purging removes even more. Iā€™ve been doing small runs with everclear and ending up with a real nice stone-green concrete.

2 Likes