Kraven a new press

I’m all the time pressing bud for medicine but never remember to document it. Here is mixed low quality bud / shake to process into rosin / oil…normally this would go to the compost pile. The first step is to clean and de-stem the product to be processed, and then bag it…I use 90u bags for flower an 25u bags for shake / keif / bubble . I press roughly 1/4 oz to an oz at a time depending on my medication needs. This is my work as an extraction artist making my own medicine. :peace:

16 Likes

Collective gasp across the crowd…

99% :hushed:

6 Likes

a very fine artist indeed…

2 Likes

Not that this is low quality, just only so much room to store it…wish there was a donate your trim like donate your hair, its good meds for anyone…I just dont use that much and seem to always have plenty of trim around personally for meds.

1 Like

Thank you sir, I think I’m starting to finally get the hang of it now. My buddy sure gave me some nice trim, it came out almost a golden blonde yellow and smelled epic…super terpy too.

1 Like

Dang it. I’m gonna have to get argo over here with his clamp and hair iron. Got me hankering some terpputty.

Your fine squish products look OUTSTANDING. I bet they taste even better.
Good on ya bro.

Stay hazed
Jake

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, I used a hair straighter to get started long before building a press…sorta think I may have led @argo945 down that path too, he either gave me the idea or I saw him do it or something, he will remember better than me…its just a matter of time before he engineers an automatic press with a joint holder that makes my work look like budder…

3 Likes

Tonight was San Fernando Valley OG time so got a nug to smoke and a squished gram of SFV Rosin and had myself a sesh…VERY pleased with both the flower and the oil… Like HS / IC / GM / SFV is now an A-Lister too so it is a keeper.

8 Likes

I am not worthy, am not worthy!

HppHrvst

2 Likes

I love that little bubbler. It looks like it would be smooth and hard to spill. Does it have a carb on it?

2 Likes

Love it and yes a carb on the side and it hits super smooth imho.

3 Likes

Nice and small too.

For that occasional water cooled rip.

99%

3 Likes

@Kraven, a simple question. I’m a relative newbie to this stuff other than just smoking weed…What is the main attraction to squeezing out rosin? I mean is it a quality thing or a quantity thing, maybe get more yield from your weed, more flavor? Thanks, just trying to figure it all out…

3 Likes

Gosh 2RE…I can tell you my attraction to concentrates. I have COPD, so that makes smoking herb not the ideal thing. I use cannabis to treat PTSD so to make it in a concentrated form allows me to vaporize it, skipping combustion of plant materials, which is far better for my lungs. I also mix it with coconut oil and dose with cannabis caps, so this allows me to be very exact with my dosages. The big draw is the fact that I am using heat and pressure to extract the active terpines / oils and the concentrated form is better medicine for me personally, and since it is extracted using zero solvents, it should in theory be a cleaner healthier med. :peace:

6 Likes

I would like to add in the case of making edibles, it is infinitely easier to add concentrates to food than herb, with less of the bitter / acrid flavors that chlorophyll adds.
There are also people who, for medical reasons, have to limit their leafy greens intake. Too much green in your cannabutter can be a serious problem when people are eating it medicinally.

4 Likes

If you use water in the butter it gets a lot of the water soluble elements out. You can chill and separate the butter from the water and then reheat with a few cups more water and wash the butter a second time. It will have very little bitterness or weed taste. That being said hash is easier to use. You can decarb. the hash and sprinkle it in anything. Having hash, butter, milk , and tincture allows you many, many, avenues of medication.

5 Likes

Lol I love this :ok_hand::ok_hand: funny stuff

3 Likes

I’m thinking about making some sort of extraction myself and am just wondering about the best way to handle it. It looks like pressure will get about the cleanest result, ie no chemicals. Thanks for the info…

2 Likes

Hats off man that’s beautiful stuff there!!

2 Likes

Thank you sir, sure appreciate the kind words TT

1 Like