Kraven a new press

TimeWreck #1 dabs are effin tasty AF. Potent too…wow, thanks to Ghetto Gardener. Photo is of a 1 gram slab I just pressed. - Once again the taste is incredible, gotta be the best tasting dabs I have ever hit

7 Likes

Put me down for a 1st edition! Brilliant work. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

If your decent with your hands, I’m ok but not so decent, its an easy build and with this tool I can show you how to make anything cannabis, plus teach you the art of extractions…and what wonderful meds they are…seriously if I could build it and wire it it should be a snap for others :peace:

4 Likes

Now that we’re coming up on a year, is there anything that you wish you had done the first time or that you would do differently the second time?

No the press is dead on, works as intended and will squish ounces at a time so overall very pleased. I feel like I have a whole lot of press for a little money, it takes time to learn but once you have the basic’s its only takes minor tweaks for each different strain. I will say I got the ten ton because it was on sale, but have never needed to press above 2 tons, and that’s on the heavy side, so yea a lot smaller tonnage is needed, but then again the size of the unit is right, when an if the cylinder ever need replacing I will just get a smaller 2 or 3 ton hydraulic jack for the press.

4 Likes

Nice! I’m a big fan of GRAV pieces. Mine is an upright version and very used and quite dirty ATM!
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Did some press work today for buddy on some older material I got from him, it gets a bit darker with some of age…should make some really tasty oil, smells divine and it is sure sticky…real sappy rosin, not super stable yet but will tighten up over night… :peace:

12 Likes

The dark squish is from the burgundy colored buds of the Chem plant.

10 Likes

Excellent @Kraven. How much herb in the small packet? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

7 gram bags yielding around 3 to 3.25g return…was a good squish man!!

5 Likes

Added this little gem to my growing collection of lab equipment…

The Magical Butter Machine…meds and extracts made easier…

7 Likes

New toys! :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Felt like a few grams of ICookies, cookies just make the day better!!

5 Likes

Now that looks like something I could use in my life right now. Forget eating cake, let them smoke cookies!

3 Likes

Nice yields. I can never break 15-20%

How long are you pressing?

My PID controllers must be junk everytime I squish the temp fluctuates.

1 Like

Its really strain dependent tbh. All of my keeper strains yield between 27 -33%, but I have been very lucky to know the right people to get amazing genetics. I think 20-25% is more the norm for most all strains.

As far a squishing its not really a specific pressure or temp…just take notes and after awhile you get dialed into each strain…remember the two most important factors are the moisture content in the product and the ambient rH / temp of where your actually extracting. I have found some strains work well to take it quickly to pressure and just do time / temp @ pressure…but most need to be gently worked and “milked” so to speak to get the cleanest and most stable extracts. :peace:

4 Likes

Very impressive work bro, that’s real dedication and your results speak for themselves.
I haven’t moved on from canna butter but my mrs makes wicked cookies with it :grin:

2 Likes

Canna butter works just fine brother…lots of years of practice will invariably lead you down similar roads…didnt have any of this information / skills when I first started three decades ago…learned every bit from someone else. Lemme know if I can help or share any of my experiences…best to learn from my mistakes :wink:

3 Likes

Making up a few THC vape carts today…I supply a few veteran friends I know since they cant afford their own meds.

11 Likes

@Kraven. Your handy work is always inspirational my man. Teach brother teach! I value you friendship and appreciate you sharing your gift. Respect…:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes