Kraven a new press

Nice, I have that same dab tool, but can’t remember what it came with. It’s also my preferred tool for mixing e-juice. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Sunshine Daydream - 31.5% return. 10 grams bud yielded a bit over 3g

8 Likes

Holy tamale brother @Kraven! That looks delectable. I think you’ve got this shit down my man!
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

looks amazing man, I made my own press also, not as nice as yours but still 10 tons and gets the job done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful squish brother! What’s the smell like on it?

2 Likes

Its kinda buttery sour sorta muffins but dank, im not super good on smells, smells like the flower just concentrated lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s what I love about rosin. With the exception of full melt dry sift (rare to find and hard to make) nothing tastes as much like the plant as rosin. BHO, QWET, C02, and bubble all loose some terpenes in the process.

4 Likes

You have any opinion on dry-ice hash and change/loss in terpene content?

2 Likes

The only hash I’ve never tried… no experience, but the process seems rough.

2 Likes

Hey there Kraven :slight_smile: Your threads never fail to take me on a good trip that only gets better. Wow! those colors of the rosin is just amazing like different types of premium honey or something makes me want to try them. I will always be looking, learning, and, getting inspiration from your work. Thank you for that! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Zem, glad to see you and thank you for such kind words brother. LMK if I can ever help.

I did my first run of dry ice hash last week. $10 for 2kg of dry ice & it lasted for hours. Yield was about 21% which should improve as I fine tune the technique. As you can see some leaf specks ended up in the 73s because we were lazy. 25% of that was 73 & 75% was 120. Very nice smell was preserved & nice flavor. The 73 is very, very smooth to smoke & the 120 a bit harsher.

I also just installed a press very similar to Kraven’s & have just started some test presses. Still working out time/pressure/temps. Yours look great Kraven.

tbd

4 Likes

Start with temps around 160 -170 and low pressure / low time…like 500 ft/lbs for 15 seconds. Your simply melting the good stuff out and trying to separate it from its little wax containers. Takes hardly any temp or pressure since your just flashing it out. Good luck with your process.

Hi to all,

Just curious, what do you all do with the left over pressed product when you make rosin?

1 Like

How wet is your material you press and do you have pictures of the buds you are pressing before press?

Buds I’m pressing look frosty, but under a microscope the heads aren’t very big, about the same diameter as the stalks.

I guess this is an off topic question, but how do you increase the size of the trichome heads?

Very impressed with your yields. I can’t even touch those #'s

1 Like

Kraven

Thanks for the tips. Here is what we did. The rosin pics are from Round # 2 at lower temps. We were experimenting with bud versus ground versus kief etc. Please excuse me for bombing your thread . . . :grin:

tbd

10 Likes

It looks great and glad you are extracting. First thing to think about is terps / heat and time determine when and at what temp they burn off…more terps more taste. Squish too hard and you push out natural plant waxes with the rosin, so the goal is “as low and slow as you can go” I never press above 3 tons and thats only on third press. I also ease it down slowly as the material heats up till it holds around a ton without falling off, that can take 2-3 minutes at times…also, you will not know how a strain presses until you actually press it, then once you see that there is good return, then dial it in for max results and anytime you run that strain, refer back to your notes to repeat the time/ temp…that will never change. Good luck and feel free to ask questions or post up samples.

7 Likes

@tobedetermined you may also like this thread

The Press Room: ♨

3 Likes

I’ve been doing 220F and slowly working up to 10 tons. I too give the material some time to heat up.

I only do one press though. What bags are you using? The rosin tech bags I’ve been using say only one press

2 Likes

@BudSy

I collected them up then heated some butter and soaked them in it. Then pulled them out after a while and let the butter cool.

You can also wash them with some alcohol to get any remaining goodies out of them. Be a shame to waste any :laughing:

Was the best dam breakfast pancakes I ever had made from that butter. Didn’t manage to do much that Sunday though.

3 Likes