The Press Room: ♨

It seems to me that there is a lack of good information when it comes to presses. Maybe I just haven’t found the right site. I know there are many on this site who have been working with a press longer than I have. So I thought we might all enjoy a place to post our “impressive” skills.

I want to throw the first one out to @Roux

He put together this little press which is affordable, durable and very efficient.

I won’t be getting rid of the @roux Press, but I have moved along and need to learn a bit more.

29 Likes

Awesome. I’ve fooled around with the flat iron a couple times. It was fun but man, I love watching squash videos. Truly a thing of beauty!

3 Likes

so…you mean using a floorjack and a hot oil-pan on a chevy isn’t enough?
lol

(yes, i have used a car to press hash, once. i have since evolved, ok?) :wink:

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

16 Likes

I’ll post up some stuff here later, have to buy a new jack, my cheap assed one from Harbor Freight just decided to spew oil everywhere.

There is a long thread on ICMag about rosin that’s long, but has some gems. Most of the pressing videos on YouTube have been taken down. IG is probably for best bet, start by giving @sasquashrosinpress a follow. Another good one is @pedrosgrowroom on Twitch.

6 Likes

I know it hurts now, but grab a pic or two before clean up if you can.

PS

BTW, the one I picked up recently was about the best price I could find. Happy to forward the details to you.

5 Likes

Too late for that, im clean and about to head out shopping. It’s been slowly leaking, I left it closed and the pressuer couldnt hold. Mind you mine is just a small 6-ton for now.

3 Likes

The one I picked up is a 10 ton, and way more than is needed. I like the gauge though. Need bigger plates.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t have a gauge and that’s something I wish I had. Will be upgrading the press after the workshop upgrade. That’s January 2019 according to my plan.

2 Likes

did anyone else imagine the thread was going to be about this?

10 Likes

Can’t say I did @legalcanada lol

2 Likes

Still squishing with my iron if i had a big press i would be HAF , out of weed, and probably divorced. Ha Ha can’t wait till i can build one or have enough crop to justify it.

12 Likes

That sucks brother. Hope you can find a better replacement jack.

2 Likes

a man of my own tribe i see :warning::tools: heheh

2 Likes

Looks mostly like Google and yourself :laughing:

1 Like

Already did and pressed out some Durban Poison. :hugs:

4 Likes

Whatch get? Whatcha get? :tools:

2 Likes

Just went to NAPA and bought a replacement jack, the press is the same. Pics later.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7761039

2 Likes

I got to see how you do this. I have several of those laying around of different tonnage.

1 Like

Clean em up good and get you SIL to set you up.

It is as easy as can be.

You set the press up where it won’t be in the way, lol.

And get the biggest set of these you think you can manage. At 3" by 5", I should have picked up bigger plates.

The press should have something that fits this piece. It has screws that hold it in place. The other one, for now, just floats on the work surface below.

Plug & Play.

2 Likes

Well I am new to this. Looks like lots of variety is possible.

The one in the white tub is a mix of a bunch of different mixed kief 2nd pull material.

The other is a first pull of extremely fresh (almost wet) Space Candy.

2 Likes